• September 30, 2024, 11:26:24 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: New Esse Esse 9 owner in Northern Va  (Read 822 times)

RedBlock

• View Profile
New Esse Esse 9 owner in Northern Va
« on: March 04, 2020, 09:11:39 AM »

Picked up the bike today.  Cold and wet in Northern Va. Don at Cyclemax in Md was awesome.  Really digging the bike.  Looking forward to getting the heated grips installed.

Noticed a couple of things and had questions for the group.   Are there supposed to be covers on the battery ports?  Second question.  I was playing with the various settings in my garage.  I then fully charged the bike.  I noticed when I went to turn her on that the Active Regeneration Status light is flashing in the off position, even though I have it in Low.  It that correct, or does it change after you start riding?

Other than that, I am loving my bike

Rob

MVetter

• View Profile
Re: New Esse Esse 9 owner in Northern Va
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2020, 10:02:53 AM »

Battery ports? You mean the air channels on the front of the case? They're open on purpose. There are smaller battery cases inside protecting the cells. You're fine to ride in the rain and through puddles, etc.

The regen issue you're talking about is regen is either disabled or muted at high SoC. That's because the battery is full. It won't let you potentially regen and overcharge the cells, so regen doesn't kick in fully until like 95%.

edit- Oh, and welcome! I hope you love your bike as much as we love ours!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 10:12:43 AM by MVetter »

Demoni

• Global Moderator
  • Energica Service Manager
    • View Profile
    • Energica
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2020, 11:31:34 AM »

Picked up the bike today.  Cold and wet in Northern Va. Don at Cyclemax in Md was awesome.  Really digging the bike.  Looking forward to getting the heated grips installed.

Noticed a couple of things and had questions for the group.   Are there supposed to be covers on the battery ports?  Second question.  I was playing with the various settings in my garage.  I then fully charged the bike.  I noticed when I went to turn her on that the Active Regeneration Status light is flashing in the off position, even though I have it in Low.  It that correct, or does it change after you start riding?

Other than that, I am loving my bike

Rob

battery ports - I am going to assume you are talking about the charge port, if so then no the bikes do not come with covers for these ports. There is no electricity flowing to the plug unless you bike is plugged in and charging.

Active Regeneration Status light - If you are talking about the yellow icon in the bottom left hand part of your screen by the % SOC indicator, that is an alert that due to your bike being fully charged there will be limited regen braking available. Once the bike reaches ~96% SOC you will have full access to the regen setting you have selected.

Larry295

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2020, 02:19:13 AM »

Wow already received your bike???
Dealers on the West Coast are telling me they won't have a 2020 demo for another 4-6 weeks!

MVetter

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2020, 03:28:23 AM »

I'm going to go ahead and assume this is an existing model year bike, not a Ribelle, EGO+, or SS9+.

Larry295

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2020, 03:37:04 AM »

I'm going to go ahead and assume this is an existing model year bike, not a Ribelle, EGO+, or SS9+.

good point! It probably is not the 2020 model with the 21kwh battery...

RedBlock

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2020, 09:29:20 AM »

It is a 2020 SS9 with the 13.3 Kw battery -  Yes - Charge ports

RedBlock

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2020, 09:36:04 AM »

Thanks about the answer on the Regen with a high SOC on the battery - makes total sense.     I figured I would take advantage of the Winter promotion on the bikes with the 13.3 Kw battery - $15,350 not including freight for an Esse Esse 9 is a really good deal. Kick in the federal credit/rebate of 10% and if Virginia passes their new law, another 10% tax credit/rebate.   Could be a total of $3,000 in credits/rebates.   

Mainly commuting back and forth to work right now.  Planning some day trips,  mapping out DC Fast Chargers in Va.

Larry295

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2020, 12:35:25 AM »

Anybody else received their 2020 Energica? Anybody with the 21kwh battery?

Demoni

• Global Moderator
  • Energica Service Manager
    • View Profile
    • Energica
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2020, 05:08:51 AM »

Anybody else received their 2020 Energica? Anybody with the 21kwh battery?

Only possible if the owner is in Europe. First pre-order bikes for the US market are on a boat in the Atlantic right now.

SebfromBE

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2020, 04:30:47 PM »

Hi Demoni,

Do you have any insider info about pre-order delivery schedule in Europe? From Belgium, ordered ~ December 4th. At that time Dealer said expectation is early-mid march. But it seems he did not get any update from Energica yet.

I found a buyer for my current Zero... Which means I will become bikeless until the Energica beast comes :'( :'(

Cheer all!

Multivitamin

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2020, 09:21:16 PM »

Energica said deliverys of Pre Orders would start end of april, you can read this here: https://www.energicamotor.com/PDF/investors/ecs-20200218.pdf

SebfromBE

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2020, 09:52:14 PM »

Well I have seen this statement indeed but to me it was not fully clear whether they refer to the full original backlog of pre-orders or the new ones... I guess we will have to.... Wait & See!

But actually I find it a bit sad that they quote you a targeted delivery date at the pre-order and they basically no more update. I would be happy with a clear official statement when/if they expect a push/delay of the deliveries. That could also be helpfull in the near future looking at the world wide situation.

MVetter

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2020, 11:59:57 PM »

From my Facebook feed it looked like there has been at least one SS9+ delivery as of a couple weeks ago. I know EU customers are getting them before US which is completely understandable. I suspect Demoni isn't going to have the EU information you desire as he's here in California and focused on the US market. Honestly I think for the latest EU info I'd personally be trying to reach out to Marchel Bulthuis on Facebook as he appears to be one of the larger dealers in Europe.

Crissa

• Centauress
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2020, 01:35:26 AM »

While it's tough waiting for your new bike, having so many orders they can't fill them all is a good problem for a manufacturer to have.  It means good things for Energica in the future.

Which is good for EVs ^-^

Hope the rest of you get your bikes soon!  And RedBlock, welcome to the club!

-Crissa
2014 Zero S ZF8.5
Pages: [1] 2