• September 22, 2024, 09:39:27 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Energica announces beating their 2019 sales record already  (Read 512 times)

Crissa

• Centauress
    • View Profile
Energica announces beating their 2019 sales record already
« on: March 03, 2020, 02:52:39 AM »

https://youtu.be/tcs9la3Fn1k?t=660

(Short segment in longer show)  Transport Evolved reports that Energica says they've already beat their 2019 sales record this year with interest in their new battery line.

-Crissa
2014 Zero S ZF8.5

wavelet

• View Profile
Re: Energica announces beating their 2019 sales record already
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2020, 04:43:36 AM »

I saw a similar item, except it was presented as "pre-sales" rather than actual sales.

Presumably the difference is that pre-sales means the transaction is still revocable with full refund of any deposit.
After all, (AFAIK) there have been no published road tests on the new models, let alone opportunities to take any test rides.

Crissa

• Centauress
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2020, 05:17:05 AM »

Well, they haven't made deliveries for them all, so they would be pre-sales, yes.

Don't count your chickens before they hatch and all, but there's no reason to throw doubt onto these figures.  The new bikes exist, they ride good like the old bikes, so there's unlikely to be a big spanner in the works as they way.

-Crissa
« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 02:57:43 PM by Crissa »
2014 Zero S ZF8.5

wavelet

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2020, 06:40:19 AM »

Well, they haven't made deliveries for them all, so they would be pre-sales, yes.

Don't count your chickens before they hatch and all, but there's no reason to through doubt onto these figures.  The new bikes exist, they ride good like the old bikes, so there's unlikely to be a big spanner in the works as they way.

-Crissa
Fully agree. I've been reading a lot more on Energica history recently -- there are a decent amount of detailed interviews with the key figures, investor presentations and lots of technical info and analysis of the rideable prototypes, as well  as the race machines, going back to 2014. It's a very clear path, and they did a lot of careful planning throughout.
If sales numbers keep being high, I wouldn't be surprised to see them announce a sport-tourer (fully faired bike, but with relaxed ergonomics, like the SR/S); for them it should be less work then the SR/S was for Zero since they already have a faired sportbike, and a parent company that is world-class in 3D printing and materials science.
Also, it's been about 6 months since the announcement of their cooperation with Dell'Orto, on making small/medium BEV powertrains for use globally.
I haven't heard anything more on it, but it has the potential to be a big moneymaker near-to-medium term, as they could provide it to lots of current ICE scooter and small bike manufacturers, saving the latter the need to develop it on their own. This could fund their ongoing work on the more high-end bikes.

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2020, 09:28:50 PM »

https://youtu.be/tcs9la3Fn1k?t=660

(Short segment in longer show)  Transport Evolved reports that Energica says they've already beat their 2019 sales record this year with interest in their new battery line.

-Crissa
I expect they will sell all they can make, but will they make enough of them to be able to have a few more dealers in the USA?

And I assume their factory has been closed for a while because of the CV-19 bug.

-Don-  Auburn, CA
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
2017 Blk/Gold HD Road Glide Ultra
2017 Org Zero DS ZF 6.5/(now is 7.2)
2017 Red Zero SR ZF13 w/ Pwr Tank
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

togo

• It's like flying. But with more traction.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2020, 11:07:14 PM »

I imagine they are focused on supplying their existing dealers right now, but having more dealers is probably also on their radar.  I'm sure they are talking with Cleveland Moto, for example (Phil posted an appreciative review video on YouTube).

Covid19 is a virus, by the way, and viruses are not technically alive.  Calling it a "bug" is misleading.
our knowledge about Zeros collects here: https://zeromanual.com/

Crissa

• Centauress
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2020, 11:18:29 PM »

How is it misleading?

The common slang English for a rhinovirus is 'a bug' from 'you've got a bug up your nose'.

-Crissa
2014 Zero S ZF8.5

togo

• It's like flying. But with more traction.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2020, 08:14:04 AM »

Yes, inaccuracy is quite common.

One can embrace it or one can fight it, and be called pedantic.

our knowledge about Zeros collects here: https://zeromanual.com/

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2020, 08:21:33 AM »

I imagine they are focused on supplying their existing dealers right now, but having more dealers is probably also on their radar.  I'm sure they are talking with Cleveland Moto, for example (Phil posted an appreciative review video on YouTube).

Covid19 is a virus, by the way, and viruses are not technically alive.  Calling it a "bug" is misleading.
I was using the word informally. Look at definition number 3 from my RandomHouse dictionary:

1.   Also called true bug, hemipteran, hemipteron. a hemipterous insect.
2.   (loosely) any insect or insectlike invertebrate.
3.   Informal. any microorganism, esp. a virus: He was laid up for a week by an intestinal bug.

-Don-  Auburn, CA
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
2017 Blk/Gold HD Road Glide Ultra
2017 Org Zero DS ZF 6.5/(now is 7.2)
2017 Red Zero SR ZF13 w/ Pwr Tank
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X