• September 30, 2024, 03:23:09 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: 2020 software update?  (Read 1565 times)

dryhte

• View Profile
2020 software update?
« on: February 25, 2020, 09:28:10 PM »

Hi folks,

my dealer told me there's a software update waiting for my 2019 Esseesse9. However, he couldn't tell me any more than this (and that it takes about 1,5h to apply them...  :o )

Anyone else already received the 2020 update, and can tell something about it? (changelog would be nice)

Thanks in advance

BigPoppa

• View Profile
Re: 2020 software update?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2020, 09:45:05 PM »

I haven't been notified of any updates for my US 2020 EsseEsse9. I'll be watching this thread for more info. I'll also reach out to my dealer later this week to see if they're aware of any updates.
2023 Can-Am Spyder F3 Limited

Demoni

• Global Moderator
  • Energica Service Manager
    • View Profile
    • Energica
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2020, 01:28:33 AM »

For anyone interested here is a overview of the features of the new firmware update.

All the US dealerships have been notified of the availability of this update.

.036 FIRMWARE SPECS
List of improvements:
• New function: Vehicle shut down for inactivity (60 min)
• New function: Improved safety during charge
• Traction control levels improvement
• New function: Long range connectivity predisposition
• New function: Fast charge current tuning

Firmware updates normally take ~30 min to complete they are normally done during regular service but contact your dealer if you would like just your firmware updated.

MVetter

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2020, 01:55:00 AM »

Which models are eligible? Obviously, even if it applies to my 2018 I won't be getting any traction control stuff. Is this for 2019+ models?

BigPoppa

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2020, 02:52:33 AM »

.036 FIRMWARE SPECS
List of improvements:

Thanks Demoni!

Question for you, does the new vehicle shut down for inactivity apply when charging? In other words, I set a SOC of 95%, the bike reaches that state of charge and currently everything stays on (lights and dash) with a message to unplug the bike. If enough time passes before I'm able to unplug, I've noticed I do start losing some of that charge (about 1-2% over an hour or so to as much as 5%+ after 4+ hours).

If this update addresses that I'll definitely make an appointment to get my firmware updated.

Demoni

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Energica
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2020, 05:28:07 AM »

Which models are eligible? Obviously, even if it applies to my 2018 I won't be getting any traction control stuff. Is this for 2019+ models?

This update is available for all bikes, if a feature dose not apply to your bike (like traction control) it will just not have a effect.

Demoni

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Energica
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2020, 05:58:39 AM »

Thanks Demoni!

Question for you, does the new vehicle shut down for inactivity apply when charging? In other words, I set a SOC of 95%, the bike reaches that state of charge and currently everything stays on (lights and dash) with a message to unplug the bike. If enough time passes before I'm able to unplug, I've noticed I do start losing some of that charge (about 1-2% over an hour or so to as much as 5%+ after 4+ hours).

If this update addresses that I'll definitely make an appointment to get my firmware updated.

Have a bike with the new firmware plugged in and charging with a SOC limit of 80% will let you know if it auto turns it's self off.

Also please note that you can configure the lights on or off in the preferences menu.

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2020, 06:31:59 AM »

Also please note that you can configure the lights on or off in the preferences menu.
But what I like is for the light to be on while charging and off when charging is completed. Just like  it does with CCS charging (because then when completed, the CCS  charger is off, unlike when we are using home charging as the AC is still on).

-Don-  Auburn, CA
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
2017 Blk/Gold HD Road Glide Ultra
2017 Org Zero DS ZF 6.5/(now is 7.2)
2017 Red Zero SR ZF13 w/ Pwr Tank
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

Demoni

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Energica
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2020, 07:05:28 AM »

Have a bike with the new firmware plugged in and charging with a SOC limit of 80% will let you know if it auto turns it's self off.

Can confirm once the bike hit 80% SOC the standard "unplug the connector" message was on the dash for ~ 1 hour then the bike turned it's self off.

BigPoppa

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2020, 08:53:36 PM »

Awesome...thanks for checking and confirming. I’ll definitely plan on updating my firmware as soon as I can get an appointment.

dryhte

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2020, 10:56:11 PM »

For anyone interested here is a overview of the features of the new firmware update.

All the US dealerships have been notified of the availability of this update.

.036 FIRMWARE SPECS
List of improvements:

Firmware updates normally take ~30 min to complete they are normally done during regular service but contact your dealer if you would like just your firmware updated.

Thanks. I was still waiting for this info from my dealer to come and share it here, no more need for that now.

Can you elaborate on the long range connectivity stuff? Does it apply to all bikes, or if not, from what MY on?

Sklith

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2020, 01:17:17 AM »

Can confirm once the bike hit 80% SOC the standard "unplug the connector" message was on the dash for ~ 1 hour then the bike turned it's self off.

Sweet! What I'm currently doing is lowering the charge amps so it'll reach 100% roughly when I plan on riding it. I'll be glad to have the auto-off option whenever I can make the 265 mile trip to the nearest Energica dealer :(.
2020 Energia Ego

dryhte

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2020, 10:00:28 PM »

Heads up: we received official word from Energica (Benelux) that the firmware update which is currently being rolled out (Firmware 36) contains a fix for an issue that (at some 'bad' CCS fast chargers) could cause blowing a fuse in the battery.
- riders who don't have the new firmware yet are suggested to turn CCS charging to max. 60A until they have the new firmware
- riders who do have the new firmware will see the maximum amperage is no longer 80A (for 2018-2019 bikes I think, before it was 70A) but 75A instead
- this lesser amperage will not necessarily mean a slower charge, because the bike will stay at the new (lower) max A for a little longer before throttling down.

In fact, this had already been brought to my notice by @MVetter after I reported my experiences with quick charging; however we have only now received confirmation that the 75A instead of 80A is indeed caused by the new firmware.

So, I'm pretty sure this is what 'fast charge current tuning' and 'improved safety during charge' were about ;)

SBK74

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2020, 12:52:20 AM »

I've had the .36 update on my Esse (pre-TC bike from March 2018). A few observations:

- Energica have just reduced the CCS speed from 70A to 60A max. (new function 'current tuning'?)
- Throttling starts at 79%, but now from 60A, so no extension as compensation for lower amps.
- A TC! symbol lights up after fast charging, I don't have TC :-\, I have to reset the bike to lose the warning.

I will check with my dealer if other pre-TC bikes also have this issue, maybe run the update again? So the update does not give me a happy feeling of improvement (as an update normally should do shouldn't it?). Mediocre job. They did restore the oldtimer indicator blinker rate (introduced.34 update) to normal again.

These are some facts to share with you regarding the update on my bike. First the Italians have much more important things to sort out and I sincerely wish them all the best with the tragic situation there.

2018-2022  EsseEsse9
2022-         2021 Ribelle RS

Ferrari_Challenge

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2020, 08:11:11 PM »

I just had some charging problems at local Houston EVGO stations and since my Tesla still works there Energica thinks it may be the factory firmware and says I should go ahead and get updated with the latest for my 2018 Eva. I assumed it was only a software update but it turns out there's a part swap required too and that had to be ordered before we could schedule the update - fortunately it was in stock at the US HQ and has been shipped to the dealer, hoping I'll have this done this week.
Pages: [1] 2