• September 30, 2024, 10:32:18 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: ABRP for Energica  (Read 3500 times)

dryhte

• View Profile
ABRP for Energica
« on: January 24, 2020, 09:53:13 PM »

Anyone here found out how to use ABRP for our Energica bikes?

For those who don't know it, https://abetterrouteplanner.com/ is a website which specializes in planning routes for electric vehicles, taking battery size and other vehicle specific info into account.

However, they don't have profiles yet for e-bikes.

I haven't found how I need to fill in my own custom profile in order to have something that approaches our bikes' behaviour, but maybe one of you has?

BigPoppa

• View Profile
Re: ABRP for Energica
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2020, 01:22:01 AM »

I've never used it but I'll check it out. Since my riding is 99% commuting, I don't need to plan a route around charging stations since I have enough range to complete each leg of my commute (home and office) where I charge up completely before hitting the next leg.
2023 Can-Am Spyder F3 Limited

Crissa

• Centauress
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2020, 02:39:53 AM »

They don't have profiles and as far as I can tell, don't support battery sizes of motorcycles.

And it's really hard to estimate wind resistance as well, which ABRP tries to do.

-Crissa
2014 Zero S ZF8.5

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2020, 02:55:48 AM »

For what it's worth, there's a reasonably good trip planner called EVTripn that I used for a while that supports custom vehicle profiles. They directly support Zero, after I entered my information, and had a back and forth over email about the details once they noticed the customization.

https://www.evtripn.com/#vehicle
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

ALCLCF

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2020, 09:48:09 PM »

I intend to use this app when I get my bike.

I'll use a vehicle with similar expected range(s) and try it out. My selection will be the Mazda mx-30....(compared to ss9+, ribelle, ego+)

But again need to test it in real conditions
« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 09:54:25 PM by ALCLCF »

DutchDriver

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2020, 12:54:21 AM »

Anyone here found out how to use ABRP for our Energica bikes?

I'd use the Volkswagen e-Golf 36 kWh. It has a range of 130 km (81 mi) so that ought to be correct if you drive around 100 km/h (62 mi/h).

SBK74

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2020, 03:24:33 AM »

130 km on highway is ambitious for Energica. The early e-Up is a good reference. I know that currently the Dutch distributor and drivers are lobbying at Energica to get the Energica data on ABRP. I personally would lobby to get 200 Nm on my 2018 SS9 :P
2018-2022  EsseEsse9
2022-         2021 Ribelle RS

Multivitamin

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2020, 03:56:39 PM »

Everyone could create a model on their website by providing some data https://forum.abetterrouteplanner.com/blogs/entry/19-how-to-add-your-car-to-abrp/

I should get my SS9+ in around 2 Weeks and after its warm enough ill try manually collect the data and try to send it in and see if they accept it

DutchDriver

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2020, 08:01:24 PM »

130 km on highway is ambitious for Energica. The early e-Up is a good reference.

Good point. So for example to get an estimate for the SS9, you should use the early VW e-Up, and for the SS9+, you should use the VW e-Golf. Both assuming, say, 10 C (50 F) and 100 kmh (60 mph) Does that sound right?

BigPoppa

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2020, 08:41:19 PM »

I should get my SS9+ in around 2 Weeks and after its warm enough ill try manually collect the data and try to send it in and see if they accept it

The race is on! I’m also expecting to get my Ribelle sometime next month.  ;)
2023 Can-Am Spyder F3 Limited

togo

• It's like flying. But with more traction.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2020, 06:43:15 AM »

Everyone could create a model on their website by providing some data https://forum.abetterrouteplanner.com/blogs/entry/19-how-to-add-your-car-to-abrp/

How do you plan to collect the data?  I see they have instructions for ODB-II and Torque Pro (app).

our knowledge about Zeros collects here: https://zeromanual.com/

jerd

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2020, 03:14:28 PM »

Would be very helpful if owners send an e-mail to Energica.  In the past i had some contact with Bo Lincoln from ABRP.
Energica was ignoring his requests to get the right information.
Last few weeks Energica received an amount of requests from Dutch drivers, it would be great if owners here would do the same.

dryhte

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2020, 03:53:59 PM »

Would be very helpful if owners send an e-mail to Energica.  In the past i had some contact with Bo Lincoln from ABRP.
Energica was ignoring his requests to get the right information.
Last few weeks Energica received an amount of requests from Dutch drivers, it would be great if owners here would do the same.

Yeah I did that too. I feel it looks like Energica aren't interested at all (can't imagine why, though).

Sklith

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2020, 09:58:57 PM »

I noticed that PlugShare now allows me to select my Energica Ego, it also has the + models! It's nice to be able to check in on stations using a vehicle not called, 'Other', and having all the compatible station filters already set.
2020 Energia Ego

ultrarnr

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2020, 02:49:51 PM »

Sklith, Yes I emailed Plugshare about adding the Energica bikes! It took awhile as they are a small company but they did get to it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4