• October 01, 2024, 07:37:56 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: New Prices for 21.5kWh models are up. And they're amazing  (Read 3490 times)

morroquen

• View Profile
Re: New Prices for 21.5kWh models are up. And they're amazing
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2019, 06:30:18 AM »

I booked my SS9 Plus from Calmoto earlier in the week with $3K down - ETA is for delivery is apparently mid-to-late Feb.

The new bikes seem to be mechanically identical to the current gen except for the battery - is that correct? Or are there any other updates as well?

speden

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2019, 12:04:02 AM »

It's not clear to me if there any mechanical changes on the SS9+, but apparently the bikes handle better since the center of gravity is lower and the bikes are 5% lighter.

Other changes for the SS9+ seem to be:

Updated electronics to support remote bike status monitoring
Optional keyless ignition
Increase in torque from 133 lb-ft to 148 lb-ft

BigPoppa

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2019, 07:13:13 AM »

Welp...I just put down my deposit for a new Ribelle. I’m looking forward to the larger battery and increased power. I’ll probably keep my current EsseEsse9 so I’ll be able to provide some range comparisons once I have both. Unfortunately I don’t really have room for 3 bikes so my gas bike is going up for sale to make room for the new hotness.
2023 Can-Am Spyder F3 Limited

MVetter

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2019, 09:14:50 AM »

Now this is a wise man.

NEW2elec

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2019, 10:19:35 AM »

Congrats BigPappa!
Somebody send that man an Energica T shirt or something.

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2019, 12:20:21 PM »

Welp...I just put down my deposit for a new Ribelle. I’m looking forward to the larger battery and increased power. I’ll probably keep my current EsseEsse9 so I’ll be able to provide some range comparisons once I have both. Unfortunately I don’t really have room for 3 bikes so my gas bike is going up for sale to make room for the new hotness.
I have room for one more :).  The main reason I own three houses is to make room for my many vehicles.

Yeah, you lose too much in trade-ins, especially now when almost everybody wants the larger capacity battery.

Please do the range comparisons at a high freeway speed, such as 75 MPH. A good test would be a drive to my Auburn house!  But I am taking this trip so slowly, I may not be back until springtime.

I have my Zero DS ZF 6.5 with me to get around on. Carried on a ramp on the hitch.

-Don- In nice warm Casa Grande, AZ (RV)
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
2017 Blk/Gold HD Road Glide Ultra
2017 Org Zero DS ZF 6.5/(now is 7.2)
2017 Red Zero SR ZF13 w/ Pwr Tank
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

BigPoppa

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2019, 07:20:45 PM »

I have room for one more :).  The main reason I own three houses is to make room for my many vehicles.

Yeah, you lose too much in trade-ins, especially now when almost everybody wants the larger capacity battery.

Please do the range comparisons at a high freeway speed, such as 75 MPH. A good test would be a drive to my Auburn house!  But I am taking this trip so slowly, I may not be back until springtime.

I have my Zero DS ZF 6.5 with me to get around on. Carried on a ramp on the hitch.

LOL...if you have room, you could add a second Trophy to your stable. ;)

I will definitely do 75-80 mph freeway range comparisons when I get the new bike but in all honesty, my daily commute is a mix of lane splitting and freeway cruising speeds. I may just reach out to you in the Spring to plan a few rides up to Auburn to test out pure freeway range at the speeds above.

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2019, 10:27:17 PM »

I will definitely do 75-80 mph freeway range comparisons when I get the new bike but in all honesty, my daily commute is a mix of lane splitting and freeway cruising speeds. I may just reach out to you in the Spring to plan a few rides up to Auburn to test out pure freeway range at the speeds above.
I once had four Trophies overnight at my Auburn house. Includes the owner (Brad, who retired and sold the place) of Freedom Cycles in Reno.  And two others from Reno. With mine, that was four TTSEs.

BTW, I have eight unused bedrooms available, including the master bedroom at my Auburn place which I reserve for guests. Others are in my two places in the Reno area.  So you have a place to stay overnight in either Auburn or Reno or both, if you do not want or need to rush back. Or stay long as you want or can.

What I really want to know is if the new bike can make it from my Auburn place to my Reno place on a single charge, which is 99.0  miles, door to door, mostly uphill going east, on Hwy 80, at full freeway speeds.  There are six places to fast charge on the way, so I can make it with my SS9 with a single charge stop near the summit. I would like to know if I can make that trip with only home charges on the new bike.

All those DC Fast Chargers on the way are EV-Go. They work very well with my SS9. But cost more than gasoline. I would save money if I rode my TTSE instead!

BTW, I have used the DC fast chargers at Harley in Rocklin and Reno (both are close to Hwy 80). They are ChargePoints, but they are free to use. But they only charge at 15 KW max.  I can charge at the full 26 KW at the EV-Go stations if the conditions are right to allow that much charge.

If you really need a place to store your bike, it's fine with me, but Auburn is quite a distance from you.  I have let others store their bikes at my places before, as they move or whatever. One was John (username there  "KaliforniaKook") from the TTSE forum who moved from Southern CA to sparks, NV   and didn't have the room at his  place in Sparks for a while.

There are certainly good riding areas in the Auburn area.  Iowa Hills pass SurgarPine lake is a great ride From Forest Hill to Colfax. I have done that ride, on my Zero SR, but it's a rather slow ride with some sharp turns doing almost a full 360 degrees.

-Don-  Casa Grande, AZ (RV)
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

nevetsyad

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2020, 04:41:47 AM »

Any chance you've gotten it yet and can give some stats on range/consumption?

2023 Energica Experia
2022 Lightning Strike (reservation)
2021 Energica Eva Ribelle (For Sale)
2020 Zero SR/S (sold)
2018 Zero DSR (sold)
2015 Zero SR (Lets call it sold)

BigPoppa

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2020, 06:06:29 AM »

Not yet. I was told to expect a February delivery. I’m patiently waiting impatiently. ;)

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2020, 11:21:02 AM »

That will be great. Where are you coming from?  I also live in Reno, NV and the main thing I want to know is if the 21.5 KWH battery can do this  99 miles of hills, in either direction, on a single home charge at normal freeway speeds, which is normally at least 5 MPH above the speed limits.

IOW, 70 MPH, 99 miles of hills, door to door. Mine needs one fast charge on the way, either direction. Usually near the summit.

-Don-   Auburn, CA (back home already)
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

NEW2elec

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2020, 11:35:30 AM »

Are any of yall using a larger, touring type wind screen?  If so how much of an improvement in range did you get?

SBK74

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2020, 08:08:45 PM »

Are any of yall using a larger, touring type wind screen?  If so how much of an improvement in range did you get?

My (Dutch) dealer offers a touring screen on the Esse and has ridden the Esse with it. He has seen an -expected- improvement in consumption, but that was by his experience, no hard data. If possible, I am interested to do a side-by-side trip in spring to see how much kWh the gain is on a battery charge with a standard screen.

https://electricmotorcycles.nl/producten/121/touring-windscherm-esseesse9?categoryId=3

2018-2022  EsseEsse9
2022-         2021 Ribelle RS

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2020, 09:56:58 PM »

Not yet. I was told to expect a February delivery. I’m patiently waiting impatiently. ;)
What happens with your new 2020 11.7 KWH SS9?

-Don-  Auburn, CA
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

BigPoppa

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2020, 12:30:15 AM »

I'm keeping it. I'll still ride it occasionally but it will probably be ridden mainly when the Ribelle is in the shop for tires and/or routine maintenance or I get tired of the more aggressive riding position and decide to switch it up from time to time.

The Trophy is still up for sale. Since the bike still being financed it's scaring away potential buyers. I'll probably pay it off this month and see if that helps get it out of the garage sooner.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5