• October 01, 2024, 07:39:16 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: New Prices for 21.5kWh models are up. And they're amazing  (Read 3492 times)

MVetter

• View Profile
New Prices for 21.5kWh models are up. And they're amazing
« on: November 19, 2019, 08:45:31 PM »

Courtesy of Sev from Team Powersports in Raleigh, NC:

Ego+: $23,870
EVA Ribelle: $22,160
SS9+: $21,350

To help move the 13.4kWh bikes, prices for existing models has been adjusted:

Ego: $19,540
SS9: $17,620

MikeL

• View Profile
Re: New Prices for 21.5kWh models are up. And they're amazing
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2019, 08:59:23 PM »

At this price point, I'm not sure you have a reason to go with any other electric motorcycle brand if you're buying new and are riding street. Zero better step up their game and start making a bigger battery pack + DCFC.

Yes Zero makes several cheaper models - but they have range setbacks or charging setbacks.. so the price point is warranted I guess.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 09:01:59 PM by MikeL »

JaimeC

• View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2019, 09:10:10 PM »

At this price point, I'm not sure you have a reason to go with any other electric motorcycle brand if you're buying new and are riding street. Zero better step up their game and start making a bigger battery pack + DCFC.

Yes Zero makes several cheaper models - but they have range setbacks or charging setbacks.. so the price point is warranted I guess.

Anybody who buys one of Zero's less expensive models with plans on taking it cross country either needs their head examined, or a pickup truck with a wheel chock in the bed.  That's NOT what they're built for.  You wouldn't Motocross a Goldwing, so you wouldn't attempt a cross country tour on ANY electric bike unless you had a LOT of time and patience on your hands (I don't care HOW fast you can charge with DCFC, they aren't nearly as ubiquitous as gas stations yet).

1999 BMW K1200LT
2019 Yamaha XMAX
2021 Zero SR

MVetter

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2019, 09:11:12 PM »

You wouldn't Motocross a Goldwing

And yet we all saw that video from 4 months ago of the two guys trying to do exactly that...

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2019, 09:29:20 PM »

Looks like I purchased my SS9 a bit too soon.

-Don-  Payson, AZ (RV)
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
2017 Blk/Gold HD Road Glide Ultra
2017 Org Zero DS ZF 6.5/(now is 7.2)
2017 Red Zero SR ZF13 w/ Pwr Tank
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

MVetter

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2019, 09:39:06 PM »

I suspect part of the reason the US prices are as low as they are is because we all purchased the 13.4kWh models. If we'd all waited and no one bought the bikes they'd probably mirror EU prices.

Starpower

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2019, 10:01:11 PM »

Looks like I purchased my SS9 a bit too soon.

-Don-  Payson, AZ (RV)

Saddly, it is ALWAYS that way it's bad enough with ICE bikes and cars down right depressing with EV's especially now that we seem to be at a tipping point for bikes. This is an exciting stage in electric propulsion.
'13 Zero S 12.5 100% Solar charged, '14 BMW S1000R, '23 Admit Jet Armor, '21 Ninja 400, '21 WR250R

NEW2elec

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2019, 10:04:35 PM »

So, the price went up huh?   ;)

Granted not unreasonably but I knew it would go up.  The base models went down so that's good.
Two questions still.  Did they go up on the AC charger or is it still 3kW?  Did they use their new battery tech in the base models to lower the weight of those bikes?

MVetter

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2019, 10:32:30 PM »

So, the price went up huh?   ;)

SS9+ price went up by, wait for it, $420. Awwwww yeah.

MikeL

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2019, 10:40:26 PM »

Anybody who buys one of Zero's less expensive models with plans on taking it cross country either needs their head examined, or a pickup truck with a wheel chock in the bed.  That's NOT what they're built for.  You wouldn't Motocross a Goldwing, so you wouldn't attempt a cross country tour on ANY electric bike unless you had a LOT of time and patience on your hands (I don't care HOW fast you can charge with DCFC, they aren't nearly as ubiquitous as gas stations yet).

I didn't say anything about going cross country. Even in California with DCFC going from SF to LA on an electric bike is still tough. Looking at the DCFC on Plugshare, a lot in the valley is either under construction or spread out. Best route is 99 I believe and if you're in the bay that.. is sorta out of the way.

As much as I like Zero, the fact that most of their bikes require an upgrade to use Level 2 is sad. If anything, Level 2 should be standard. I want the Santa Cruz based company to succeed so don't take what I'm saying as "anti-Zero" by any means. I hope they have DCFC in the works and bigger battery packs as I would much rather support a US/California based company.

MVetter

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2019, 10:44:38 PM »

I have ridden 99 several times, but with the new packs 101 is easily doable. And a hell of a lot more enjoyable. Hell, 1 might even be doable and that's the dream, really.

NEW2elec

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2019, 10:53:08 PM »

Ok extra points for using Snoop Dogg on the EMF, but subtracted points for cherry picking my comment.  About $1200 more for the Ego+ and I'm not saying that's a bad price but you said prices would stay the same and I said "that can't be right" on the other thread. 
I hope you know I'm just good natured busten your chops for fun. 
It's still a very good value and if the buyer can have access to CCS chargers where they ride most even more so.

Do you have the answers to the two questions?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 11:20:42 AM by NEW2elec »

MVetter

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2019, 10:59:37 PM »

AC charger did not change, which is fine. It'll help you get to the next DC station unlike the LiveWire.

I *suspect* they're not going to produce many more of the 13.4kWh packs with the new tech in place, and the existing models will just be sold at the discounted rate. As such they're probably not going to retroactively adapt new tech to the previous ones, so I am pretty sure the answer is no.

MikeL

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2019, 11:11:35 PM »

AC charger did not change, which is fine. It'll help you get to the next DC station unlike the LiveWire.

I *suspect* they're not going to produce many more of the 13.4kWh packs with the new tech in place, and the existing models will just be sold at the discounted rate. As such they're probably not going to retroactively adapt new tech to the previous ones, so I am pretty sure the answer is no.

I really like the LiveWire but the price point is insane. If it was between ~$20-25k it would make much more sense. Even with it being less competitive on specs.. ~$30k starting price for a motorcycle is steep. I used to defend it hard, because I want the MoCo to succeed in electric.

Does Energica offer any sort of extended warranty on their bikes/battery packs? I'm curious how their battery packs hold up over time.

giacomo

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2019, 11:47:31 PM »

Configurator in US is up:

https://configurator.energicamotorusa.com/start

Giacomo
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5