• October 02, 2024, 08:29:15 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Swapping an Esse Esse 9 headlight onto an Ribelle  (Read 775 times)

boardwalk

• View Profile
Swapping an Esse Esse 9 headlight onto an Ribelle
« on: November 09, 2019, 06:49:17 AM »

Obviously this is a bit speculative since no one has a Ribelle yet, but essentially I want the power and looks (otherwise) of the Ribelle, but I don't want the bug-eyed headlights. They just don't do anything for me. Ironically, if I was to get a ICE bike it'd be a Street/Speed Triple which is similarly gawky, but at least people sell headlight kits for those.

Swapping between the Esse Esse 9 and Eva 107 (which appears to have the same headlights as the Ribelle) on Energica's configurator, things look *very* similar. Location of the overall dash/screen/headlights package seems identical. Mount points on the forks seems identical. Windshields are different sizes but I'd probably get the larger windscreen kit anyways.

So I was pondering how feasible it would be to buy the OEM headlight for the Esse Esse 9 (and any needed brackets and such) and swap it in. In the hopes it would be essentially plug-and-play connector-wise and software/electronics-wise. I know the Esse Esse 9 headlight does the fancy swirly animation when charging, and I don't care about getting that, but I wonder if there would be incompatibilities. Or firmware tweaks that would need to be done.

Thoughts? Is there a service manual or parts catalog out there that would help? TIA for any input!

Demoni

• Global Moderator
  • Energica Service Manager
    • View Profile
    • Energica
Re: Swapping an Esse Esse 9 headlight onto an Ribelle
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2019, 10:10:07 AM »

Is it possible, yes...
Is it easy or cheap, no...

If you have a chance to look at both bikes side by side how everything is mounted will be clear, I'll try to post some photos soon showing the differences.

There are a number of parts you would need to order in addition to the headlight itself. Also please note that the EVA and EsseEsse9 use different connectors for the headlight unit so some wiring would be required.
Would everything work without errors once all wired up... I can't say for sure as no one has done this yet.

SBK74

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2019, 07:32:46 PM »

an Esse headlamp costs around 420 euro. Support brackets around 72 eur each. You also would need a dashboard support of 73 eur. Prices ex tax.

The Esse headlight is a class better than both Eva headlights ( made quite some km with both). If you would get away with no errors is the question indeed.
2018-2022  EsseEsse9
2022-         2021 Ribelle RS

BigPoppa

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2019, 08:04:27 AM »

Sorry to hijack a thread but it's a somewhat related question...probably for Demoni.

I noticed on the US Configurator that the Ribelle appears to be using the SS9 side cases. Is the mounting rack the same between the SS9 and the Ribelle? I'm basically wondering if I can use my existing SS9 mounting rack and bags on the Ribelle when I upgrade next year.
2023 Can-Am Spyder F3 Limited

Demoni

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Energica
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2019, 02:00:26 PM »

Sorry to hijack a thread but it's a somewhat related question...probably for Demoni.

I noticed on the US Configurator that the Ribelle appears to be using the SS9 side cases. Is the mounting rack the same between the SS9 and the Ribelle? I'm basically wondering if I can use my existing SS9 mounting rack and bags on the Ribelle when I upgrade next year.

8) At your service  8)

The bags are the same as last year's EsseEsse9. I can not give a firm answer on the mounting racks as I have not seen the new EVA ones. I will examine the undertails of both bikes tomorrow and try to come up with a educated guess.

Demoni

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Energica
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2019, 03:11:43 AM »

Looks like the Ribelle will use the same racks as the EsseEsse9.

BigPoppa

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2019, 08:53:15 AM »

That's awesome news! Thanks for checking on it! 
2023 Can-Am Spyder F3 Limited
Pages: [1]