• June 26, 2024, 12:20:21 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: SR/F update info from FB  (Read 3770 times)

osneo

• View Profile
Re: SR/F update info from FB
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2019, 01:17:54 PM »

They go off. Yeah it looks like what you’d expect they all light up to show you they’re working then turn off, however prior to the update they did not do that. So a new feature or bug fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hans2183

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2019, 03:54:17 PM »

Indeed, thanks for the confirmation.

This morning my 220V adapter cable released w/o issues. Only difference is that now the charge wasn’t completed when I turned the bike on. I won’t risk it today and/or away from Home but to be continued soon.
2021 Energica SS9+ 21.5kWh
--- Belgium ---

Hans2183

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2019, 06:30:19 PM »

Good news (kind of). I was able to disconnect after charging twice today already. Once just switching contact on while charging. A second time with a charge goal set once the goal was reached. I think it was released right upon completion (not sure, I'll check again later on).

When I unplug the cable from the wall now it holds on to it until I put the bike power on. Then it releases. Never had issues before so can't say of that already was the case.

Now I have the scheduling enabled again so config is back to how it was before. We'll see. Also need to check again at a charge station what happens. But so far all seems to be back to normal.
--- Belgium ---

Hans2183

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2019, 08:32:11 PM »

More tests done. When I set a goal it reaches that goal and keeps the dashboard on (even when bike is turned off with the key). The cable isn't released until you turn the key to put the bike on. I'm pretty sure this is a change cause I used to get to my bike in the morning with a charge goal set to 90% and just unplug it and only later on when pushed outside of the garage I turn the key. Not a real issue, I can turn it on first, release the cable and the push it outside.

When set to charge to 100% it's slightly different. Then the dash is off once completed and when I turn the key to put the bike on it lights up with the override option. Cable not released yet. Turning the bike off and on again with the key finally released the cable. That seems a bit weird. Not a big issue since I rarely charge to 100%. And again I'm sure this is different since the update.

Also all off this is still different from that morning right after the firmware update. Then I tried turning the key several times and no cable was released. So at that time the bike was in a faulty state for sure. Something must have fixed it. Next week I'll test with a charge station.

From now on I keep torx bits with me and a socket No 10 just in case I need to reset it by removing the 12V battery. I have this compact set from wunderlich (yes from the BMW GS).

--- Belgium ---

NetPro

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2019, 12:07:57 AM »

The firmware update to 5V02 for the console that came out on November 5th (see OP on this thread) never made it to my bike.
I know OTA upgrades work from my garage because I have applied several, including the latest MBB where Zero had that issue with the cellular provider that was causing failures across the board for several days until they fixed it.

So mine is still at 5V00 and I don't have that feature where at power-on, it will light up all the indicators as a way to test the individual components (at least the light itself) and I was wondering why my unit has not given me the choice to upgrade.

I actually took my bike to the dealer for re-commissioning right after the OTA that failed several times and the they (after connecting to Zero) were able to do it and even did another OTA upgrade after the recommissioning which competed successfully.

Any ideas?
2020 Zero SR/F

Hans2183

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2019, 12:41:59 AM »

Could be a gradual release. Only zero knows for sure. Check with your dealer if you can get information from zero. Also going to your dealer to get an update is an option. Benefit is that they can fix it probably if something fails.

Any specific reason you want the update?
--- Belgium ---

NetPro

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2019, 01:01:00 AM »

That "all lights test"is one feature I 'd like to have.
Plus, I  work in IT and I have seen many bugs fixed with  firmware upgrades, as well  as faster performance.
Granted, I know sometimes it goes south but I  believe in staying current if at all possible.

Thanks!
2020 Zero SR/F

remmie

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2019, 02:26:14 AM »

It could also be that Zero heard about the problems with the update and pulled it in order to correct it before others would be affected.

I took a ride yesterday and it did not prompt me for an update. Last firmware update was a bout a month ago (The one that at first didn't complete because of a problem with a third party server and after a few days did complete).
Before my ride yesterday i haven't ridden the bike for about 2 weeks.

And it does make kind of sense that the cable is not released upon completion of the charge but only after you key on the bike. Otherwise anybody could "permanently loan" the charging cable (that in Europe is not part of the charging station but it is our own).
Current : Red Premium Zero SR/F (ordered May 25, delivered August 23 2019) with Rapid charger for 12kW charging
Former : White Zero SR 2018 ZF14.4 kWh (17.500 km)
Former : Black Zero SR 2014 ZF11.4 kWh (25.000 km)
SR's outfitted with Homemade "Supercharger" 6x eltek Flatpack S (12 kW)

Hans2183

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2019, 02:39:44 AM »

The charging stations still lock your cable until you stop the charge session from what I remember from the few public charges I did so far. But yes I do understand it's better this way. Just wish they had clear release notes to inform us owners.
--- Belgium ---

enaef

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2019, 02:43:46 AM »

Just wish they had clear release notes to inform us owners.

May be they are all cought up in the production line in order to meet the demand ....  :P
2019 Zero SR/F Premium & Rapid Charger

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
SR/F update info from FB
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2019, 12:29:36 AM »

An informed contact on that FB thread reported that Zero became aware of the problem quickly and is trying to get a fix out.

I got a little background information privately, which was new to me as Type 2 inlet locking signals won’t happen on US bikes. It’s not too complicated, just an unfortunately frustrating logic/communications bug.
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

Hans2183

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2019, 01:02:11 AM »

Just read the thread on facebook, reading is possible w/o facebook account.

This is how my bike ended up after the update. Screen on with full progress bar and 2 messages: Installing... Rebooting... That user posting the message and image below (judging by the name also from BE) didn't have the issue with a locked cable though, his message :

Bart De Vos I couldn't resist and did the update just now, it took the full 30min and than got stuck on the rebooting.. had to turn it off/on 3~4 times to get it out.. no issue with the charge cable (un)plugging, test drive was normal..

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10217727807719612&set=p.10217727807719612&type=3
--- Belgium ---

Hans2183

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2019, 03:14:18 PM »

Also discovered another feature that's new. Now the A trip meter resets on each ride.
--- Belgium ---

remmie

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2019, 06:12:17 PM »

Also discovered another feature that's new. Now the A trip meter resets on each ride.

Ah that’s a nice feature! I missed that when switching from the SR
Does it reset on the start of a ride or after charging and or after reaching it’s charge target ?(whether 100% or lower)
Current : Red Premium Zero SR/F (ordered May 25, delivered August 23 2019) with Rapid charger for 12kW charging
Former : White Zero SR 2018 ZF14.4 kWh (17.500 km)
Former : Black Zero SR 2014 ZF11.4 kWh (25.000 km)
SR's outfitted with Homemade "Supercharger" 6x eltek Flatpack S (12 kW)

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2019, 11:15:03 PM »

Oh, I agree that this is helpful, especially when coordinating this figure with SoC and other estimation readouts.
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4