• March 29, 2024, 02:34:28 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Instrument Casing wanted for 2017 Zero SS  (Read 544 times)

SolarSteve

• View Profile
Instrument Casing wanted for 2017 Zero SS
« on: October 22, 2019, 07:58:47 AM »

I discovered why the top of instrument casing  and ignition switch retainer got melted lines in the plastic. With the larger windshield, and parked in the desert, sun is focussed in a straight line across that area. In time they heat and melt. I caught it before any real equipment damage, and now lay a cover oner the area.  But the lower part of the instrument cover (led turnlight indicators etc)  really is damaged and looks bad, but no internal harm, still sealed and all working.  Factory cannot or will not sell a replacement top cover or enclosure for the instruments. I am left with hoping that someone with a defective injstrument pack that gets replaced will sell me the case off the old one. Can't even find a dealer who has one laying around.  So watch for that sympton (I have photos) and please contact me if you have a used top cover for 2017 Zero S instruments. Picture attached.   

DonTom

• View Profile
Re: Instrument Casing wanted for 2017 Zero SS
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2019, 09:40:46 AM »

I discovered why the top of instrument casing  and ignition switch retainer got melted lines in the plastic. With the larger windshield, and parked in the desert, sun is focussed in a straight line across that area. In time they heat and melt.
On hot sunny days, I use a motorcycle sun shade.

-Don-  Reno, NV
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
2017 Blk/Gold HD Road Glide Ultra
2017 Org Zero DS ZF 6.5/(now is 7.2)
2017 Red Zero SR ZF13 w/ Pwr Tank
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
Re: Instrument Casing wanted for 2017 Zero SS
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2019, 09:55:08 AM »

I have a spare instrument cluster, but it won’t work for a 2017 and I won’t separate it from its enclosure.

I think you need to replace the entire instrument cluster. If the factory won’t support your request as is, they probably won’t support the warranty if your enclosure replacement doesn’t protect the internals.
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS
Pages: [1]