• June 26, 2024, 04:40:28 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: SR/F observations and questions  (Read 7076 times)

DonTom

• View Profile
Re: SR/F observations and questions
« Reply #75 on: July 05, 2019, 12:07:37 AM »

@Neur_User is right. The charge station has dynamic limits, and some stations will limit more than others. Both the 6kW charge tank Zero sells and the SR/F charge modules read and observe that signal.

I had some issues with my charge tank on my DSR where the bike would stop charging after a while at work. Zero told me they found some stations expect the charger to ramp current up and down faster, and they had to update the firmware to correct it. One firmware update later and the Chargepoint station at work was happy :)
I wonder if that happened to me as well.

Please read the very top check-in here, by me.

I was using to Zero Quick chargers with the on-board, around 3KW on my SR. It took exactly an hour for it to shut down.

I have not yet updated my firmware. Its still on the same firmware when I purchased the bike in 2017.

-Don-  Auburn, CA
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
2017 Blk/Gold HD Road Glide Ultra
2017 Org Zero DS ZF 6.5/(now is 7.2)
2017 Red Zero SR ZF13 w/ Pwr Tank
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

heroto

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 05, 2019, 06:11:54 AM »

0-60 kph in 1.57” is what they meant perhaps?
0-60 mph that fast is 2+g, just insane.

More likely it’s a typo.

alko

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 05, 2019, 08:39:38 AM »

0-60 kph in 1.57” is what they meant perhaps?
0-60 mph that fast is 2+g, just insane.

More likely it’s a typo.

It was measured on a dyno. No worry of wheelie or burnout.

heroto

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 05, 2019, 10:22:20 AM »

An "Alternative Facts" dyno?

Yamanatc

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 05, 2019, 12:17:06 PM »

A basic Zero-to-60 acceleration test on a dyno does not include the entire mass of the bike, only the mass of the rear wheel, drive mechanism, and the rollers its strapped to. To apply Newton's Second Law of Motion, the magnitude of the net force must be applied as rolling resistance/load, or numeric calculation. Aerodynamic drag will also affect performance.
The numbers do seem a tad optimistic...     
Most Recent:
'74 TZ750
'69 TD2
'62 TD1A
'58 Goldstar
'55 YA-1
Coming Soon:
'18 SR

Naked

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 08, 2019, 08:49:43 PM »

Does anybody know the color paint code for the motor/plastic piece where the footpegs attach?
2020 Blue SR/F Premium
2012 Triumph Street Triple R

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 08, 2019, 09:30:02 PM »

Does the SR/F have a centerstand?

And if not, will one likely be available for it?

-Don-  Reno, NV
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

vinceherman

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 08, 2019, 10:59:33 PM »

Does the SR/F have a centerstand?

And if not, will one likely be available for it?

-Don-  Reno, NV

I thought I saw a picture of a provision for swingarm spools but I cannot find it now.

vinceherman

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 10, 2019, 12:54:42 AM »

This is just a general range observation that all of the experienced Zero riders already know, but since I have actual numbers with my SR/F I wanted to throw it out.
My typical one way commute ride is 28 miles of interstate and 7 miles of surface streets.
Yesterday, I got in the high speed land and kept up with traffic.  75 to 85+mph most of the time.  A little bit at 40mph due to construction.  I went from 93% SoC to 42% for 51% total capacity consumed.
Today, I stayed in the second lane from the left and kept up with traffic.  65+ most of the time.  A little bit at 30mph due to construction.  92% down to 52% on arrival for 40% capacity consumed.
Same trip in nearly identical traffic.  51% used at 85+mph.  40% used at 65+mph.

Curt

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 10, 2019, 01:42:25 AM »

Meh, that sucks pretty bad. Your round trip commute is only 70 miles, yet you must charge at work unless you force yourself to go slower than traffic (an impossibility from a safety and psychological standpoint).

The FX 6.5 goes 70 miles on surface streets. It's severely disappointing that even with more than double the battery capacity, you still can't do that on the freeway, as would be trivial for any "normal" bike.

I would have thought that a bigger motor would be more efficient, but maybe electric motors are different than ICE in that regard. Couldn't they do something in the firmware to improve range?

What if you use ECO mode? Or fit windscreen and more fairings?

vinceherman

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 10, 2019, 02:03:46 AM »

The round trip is doable from 90% if I behave. 
And if I misbehave and am short on juice for the return trip, I have a L2 station I can use at the building 2 doors down.  I even stopped bringing my charge cord to work.
But you are right, it is so easy to use the left lane to pass a slower driver and then stay there doing the higher speed.
I would *love* a fairing with better aero.
ECO mode is a definite NO-GO for me on the highway. I don't mind the softer acceleration or the heavier regen.  But I simply cannot accept the capped top speed of 75mph.  Natural navigation involves safely moving from lane to lane as traffic dictates.  But if you move into the left lane to pass a truck and then higher speed tragic approaches from behind, you simply cannot zip up the speed to clear the traffic and move back over.  I am not going to be that guy riding slower in the left lane.
I do use ECO when I am on the parkway with its 30mph limit.  Many of my miles are spent in this recreational mode.
But someone needs to make a decent fairing.  Or more.

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 10, 2019, 08:45:42 PM »

I test rode the SR/F here in Reno yesterday. The horn problem that I mentioned here previously has been fixed.

Anyway, this is supposed to be the premium model. But it has no "fly screen".  But it does show having heated grips on the screen.  Is there a way to tell if it's a standard or premium  SR/F by lookng at the bike?

What does the fly screen look like? I cannot find it shown anywhere. Can somebody here with the premium model please take a photo and post it here?

Also, my biggest complaint was the foot pegs are up way too high.  I noticed all four pegs  are on a round plate with three screws. Can it be rotated to change to position of the pegs? There is no mention of such in the SR/F manual.

Other than that, I had no issue with the riding position.

I was impressed with the sport mode. In fact, I found it to have ridiculously fast acceleration. So fast, I doubt if I would ever even use the sport mode.

Bike felt a lot heavier than my two Zeros. I guess that is because it is.

-Don-  Reno, NV
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

alko

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 10, 2019, 09:43:22 PM »

I test rode the SR/F here in Reno yesterday. The horn problem that I mentioned here previously has been fixed.

Anyway, this is supposed to be the premium model. But it has no "fly screen".  But it does show having heated grips on the screen.  Is there a way to tell if it's a standard or premium  SR/F by lookng at the bike?

What does the fly screen look like? I cannot find it shown anywhere. Can somebody here with the premium model please take a photo and post it here?

Also, my biggest complaint was the foot pegs are up way too high.  I noticed all four pegs  are on a round plate with three screws. Can it be rotated to change to position of the pegs? There is no mention of such in the SR/F manual.

Other than that, I had no issue with the riding position.

I was impressed with the sport mode. In fact, I found it to have ridiculously fast acceleration. So fast, I doubt if I would ever even use the sport mode.

Bike felt a lot heavier than my two Zeros. I guess that is because it is.

-Don-  Reno, NV

it's silly that they even call it a fly screen. From all the pictures I've seen, it barely sticks up 6" above the headlight.

alko

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 10, 2019, 09:49:21 PM »

Here's a pic without the fly screen. Definately looks better with.

Haag13

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 10, 2019, 10:16:18 PM »

This is just a general range observation that all of the experienced Zero riders already know, but since I have actual numbers with my SR/F I wanted to throw it out.
My typical one way commute ride is 28 miles of interstate and 7 miles of surface streets.
Yesterday, I got in the high speed land and kept up with traffic.  75 to 85+mph most of the time.  A little bit at 40mph due to construction.  I went from 93% SoC to 42% for 51% total capacity consumed.
Today, I stayed in the second lane from the left and kept up with traffic.  65+ most of the time.  A little bit at 30mph due to construction.  92% down to 52% on arrival for 40% capacity consumed.
Same trip in nearly identical traffic.  51% used at 85+mph.  40% used at 65+mph.

You used 51% of the battery going 28 highway miles and 7 street miles?  That sucks, even if you were going 75-85 mph on the highway.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9