• October 23, 2024, 03:32:36 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Android-App 'ZeroSpy'  (Read 5509 times)

staples

• View Profile
Re: Android-App 'ZeroSpy'
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2019, 09:05:52 AM »

Thank you! This is exactly what I wanted to do with a raspberry pi or arduino, but gave up trying to reverse engineer the rfcomm communication over bluetooth. I was able to install zerospy on an old cell phone, and created a little webhook for it to call at 1% SoC changes to interface to Home Assistant. Now my home automation can monitor the SoC of my bike:

The next step for me is to install a z-wave outlet to plug the bike into so I can toggle it based on the SoC through home automation.

I973

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2019, 12:23:51 PM »

Very nice! Looks good  8)
Zero SR 2018

togo

• It's like flying. But with more traction.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2019, 02:58:33 AM »

Thank you! This is exactly what I wanted to do with a raspberry pi or arduino, but gave up trying to reverse engineer the rfcomm communication over bluetooth. I was able to install zerospy on an old cell phone, and created a little webhook for it to call at 1% SoC changes to interface to Home Assistant. Now my home automation can monitor the SoC of my bike:

The next step for me is to install a z-wave outlet to plug the bike into so I can toggle it based on the SoC through home automation.

How's your z-wave controller working out?  I'm using a Wemo Insight myself, with python API ouimeaux.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 02:55:10 AM by togo »
our knowledge about Zeros collects here: https://zeromanual.com/

staples

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2019, 03:52:41 AM »

I've got home assistant controlling my Aeotec z-stick with a bunch of linear switches and stuff. It works pretty well. I've had some issues with bluetooth connectivity to the bike not working, and misc issues with home assistant, but overall am happy with the setup. Some of my bluetooth issues might be related to my failing charger, but that's another thread. The other thing that makes my setup slightly complicated is that I don't want to use any cloud services.

My next step will be figuring out how to set up the Zero approved winterization in my automation. Every month check if SoC < 40%, charge to 60%, stop. It sounds simple, but in home assistant it might be tough. Maybe I just make something external control it through HA.

staples

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2019, 08:30:05 AM »

@I973 what kind of infrastructure is required for zerospy? I imagine it as a lambda backed API gateway with Dynamo table for the user/device data (in AWS speak). I'm just kind of curious what this app is run on.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

dmyers2k

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2019, 10:17:18 AM »

Boris,

Thanks for writing this application. It looks promising. Unfortunately, I cannot get it to connect to my 2016 Zero SR.

I have no problem connecting to the official Zero app through bluetooth; however, I cannot get the bluetooth connection to work with ZeroSpy.

The bluetooth is turned on by switching the motorcycle on then pressing the mode button until the bluetooth symbol is blinking. Am I missing something?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

I973

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2019, 07:00:59 PM »

@I973 what kind of infrastructure is required for zerospy? I imagine it as a lambda backed API gateway with Dynamo table for the user/device data (in AWS speak). I'm just kind of curious what this app is run on.

Hi staples,

sorry for the late answer, I didn't get any notifications about new entries here... strange...

I use Google techniques: Firebase Messaging, Firebase Database and Cloud Functions.

Boris
« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 07:10:48 PM by I973 »
Zero SR 2018

I973

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2019, 07:04:05 PM »

Boris,

Thanks for writing this application. It looks promising. Unfortunately, I cannot get it to connect to my 2016 Zero SR.

I have no problem connecting to the official Zero app through bluetooth; however, I cannot get the bluetooth connection to work with ZeroSpy.

The bluetooth is turned on by switching the motorcycle on then pressing the mode button until the bluetooth symbol is blinking. Am I missing something?

Thanks

Hi dmyers2k,

Could you please send a debug log? Reproduce your problem, then select 'Send Debug Log' from the menu. You will find my email address in the app's about dialog.

Thanks!
Zero SR 2018

staples

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2019, 07:04:18 AM »

It sounds like you are trying to re-pair it. That should not be necessary, if I am remembering correctly.

I973

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2019, 01:03:34 PM »

It sounds like you are trying to re-pair it. That should not be necessary, if I am remembering correctly.

Correct, the blinking bluetooth symbol is only necessary for pairing. Once paired, connect should work without pairing mode...
Zero SR 2018

herculeesjr

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2021, 05:57:27 AM »

So I have your app up and running, one on an ancient android Nexus 5 that sits next to where my bike charges at home, then again on my day to day phone. The app is working perfectly letting me see my bike status when not even home or just across the house out of bluetooth range. I was wondering is there a way to get your app working with IFTTT? I have a wifi smart switch (the WYZE Outdoor Smart Switch) with IFTTT support and was hoping to be able to get this connected so I could shut my bike charger off around 80% charge.
Otherwise, great work nonetheless as your app is way more reliable and detailed than the standard Zero app.
2017 Zero DS ZF13.0 (Charge Tank, no on-board charger)

I973

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2021, 12:20:00 PM »

I was wondering is there a way to get your app working with IFTTT?

Hi herculeesjr,
you can define triggers, that means, you can configure HTTP GET or POST requests. This should work with IFTTT. You have to define them on your Nexus 5, "Bike" page, bike icon at the top of the app. Let me know if you need more help on this.
Boris
Zero SR 2018

herculeesjr

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2021, 01:47:22 AM »

Thanks for the reply! I'm not really grasping how it's supposed to be setup honestly. Is there a direction you can point me in or would you be able to walk me through it? I don't know what trigger I would have to setup on IFTTT for me to "connect" it with your ZeroSpy app.
2017 Zero DS ZF13.0 (Charge Tank, no on-board charger)

Ireek

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2021, 07:15:02 PM »

I use a very similar app (EUC World) for my electric unicycles, it's fantastic and does way more than I'd ever need.  I have a wheel right now that has an 80 mile range so these things are no joke, for city commuting that is...

I973

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2021, 11:37:07 PM »

I don't know what trigger I would have to setup on IFTTT for me to "connect" it with your ZeroSpy app.

You can use the "Webhooks" service as the "if" part. You can then find the URL to call when you navigate to "My services -> Webhooks -> Documentation". You will find something like this: https://maker.ifttt.com/trigger/{event}/with/key/abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz. This is the URL you should setup in ZeroSpy.
Hope this helps :)

Cheers
Zero SR 2018
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4