• October 05, 2024, 07:17:20 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Forbes Article on Erik and Fuell  (Read 357 times)

JaimeC

• View Profile
    • Facebook page
1999 BMW K1200LT
2019 Yamaha XMAX
2021 Zero SR

Fran K

• View Profile
Re: Forbes Article on Erik and Fuell
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2019, 02:08:49 AM »

"As your Flow goes into production, you will be asked to finalize payment or financing procedures."  This quote is from the linked https://fuell.us/us/flow.html

Strange the Forbes article had nothing about warranty issues.  Or dealer network.  Put down $500 agree to pay in full or enter a financing contract before delivery.  Probably before they actually purchase the components. I can see a $500 uncrating and deposit balance due at pick up.  Do you think the target market is up for a deal like this?

JaimeC

• View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2019, 02:45:01 AM »

What I found most interesting was that Buell proposed an electric motorcycle to Harley Davidson YEARS ago, and he was rejected.  Buell also had an adventure-style bike (the Ulysses) in production at the very beginning of the Adventure Bike craze, and my local dealer said it was the hottest selling bike they carried (even more so than the traditional Harleys on the floor), yet Harley shut them down just when they should've been trying to expand their market rather than cling to their aging (and dying) core market.

I think it's a good idea to NOT concentrate on high-performance, high-priced bikes and instead concentrate on practical and affordable.  The big issue NOW is going to be marketing.  Outside of a very small sphere of enthusiasts, who has even HEARD of Erik Buell?  The article in Forbes magazine is a good start but they need more publicity outside of the traditional motorcycle marketplace to become successful.
1999 BMW K1200LT
2019 Yamaha XMAX
2021 Zero SR

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2019, 03:33:31 AM »

"As your Flow goes into production, you will be asked to finalize payment or financing procedures."  This quote is from the linked https://fuell.us/us/flow.html

Strange the Forbes article had nothing about warranty issues.  Or dealer network.  Put down $500 agree to pay in full or enter a financing contract before delivery.  Probably before they actually purchase the components. I can see a $500 uncrating and deposit balance due at pick up.  Do you think the target market is up for a deal like this?

Their marketing strategy sounds kind of familiar to me.  Following in the footsteps of Lightning, perhaps?   ::)
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.
Pages: [1]