• September 25, 2024, 05:22:33 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Anything new in 2019 for Energica?  (Read 2544 times)

DonTom

• View Profile
Re: Anything new in 2019 for Energica?
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2019, 09:02:06 AM »

Hope that helps...
Yep, that helps a lot. Thanks.

Does any of  the normal maintenance stuff require a service shop  or is it all stuff I can do myself?

As far as the comfort, FWIW, I can say our TTSEs are not nearly as comfy as my Harley (and that's the only model from Harley that I can stand of the many I have tried).  Ever ride a Zero SR (non-F) or DS? If so, I wonder how those bikes compare with the EsseEsse9. That I can relate to, since I own one of each. I find the Zero stock seats a bit hard, but it's fine from one charge station to the next, which is all that is really needed. I rode my SR from Auburn to charge at Cisco Grove (as I ate a Subway sandwich and sent an email) and from there to Reno without getting tired.  The math tells me I could easily make it without a recharge as at the half way point (near the summit) I have 50% of my charge left indicated by SOC and from there, it is almost all  down hill. But I get range anxiety very easily.

IMO, charge station locations are a lot more important than range on a single charge. If battery is half the size, wait half as long twice as many times. The better charging on the  Energicas is a major plus. But what we really need, IMO, is a lot more charging stations in the middle of nowhere.

-Don-  Reno, NV
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
2017 Blk/Gold HD Road Glide Ultra
2017 Org Zero DS ZF 6.5/(now is 7.2)
2017 Red Zero SR ZF13 w/ Pwr Tank
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

dittoalex

• Load the tire before you work the tire.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2019, 09:40:03 AM »

Maybe submit the Energicas to https://cycle-ergo.com/ ?  They have the Zero S. 

BigPoppa

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2019, 05:10:08 PM »

The only Zero’s I’ve ridden are the SR/F and the DSR. Those were demo rides but gave me enough seat time to place the EsseEsse9 somewhere between those two in regards to riding position.

I don’t see why you couldn’t do the maintenance yourself except maybe safety concerns. The Energicas are a higher voltage system but if you’re used to working on electrics it may not be an issue. I haven’t seen a service manual advertised anywhere but I haven’t checked with the dealer either since I’m letting them perform all scheduled maintenance while it’s under warranty.

If you’re ever going to be close to Antioch feel free to PM me and I’ll let you take mine for a spin. I’m not comfortable enough with range/planning to try and ride it to Reno yet. ;)
2023 Can-Am Spyder F3 Limited

BigPoppa

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2019, 05:11:31 PM »

Maybe submit the Energicas to https://cycle-ergo.com/ ?  They have the Zero S.

Thanks for the link. I’ll try to find manufacturer pics to submit.

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2019, 08:43:11 PM »

The only Zero’s I’ve ridden are the SR/F and the DSR. Those were demo rides but gave me enough seat time to place the EsseEsse9 somewhere between those two in regards to riding position.

I don’t see why you couldn’t do the maintenance yourself except maybe safety concerns. The Energicas are a higher voltage system but if you’re used to working on electrics it may not be an issue. I haven’t seen a service manual advertised anywhere but I haven’t checked with the dealer either since I’m letting them perform all scheduled maintenance while it’s under warranty.

If you’re ever going to be close to Antioch feel free to PM me and I’ll let you take mine for a spin. I’m not comfortable enough with range/planning to try and ride it to Reno yet. ;)
Since I have had my two Zeros, all I have done maintenance-wise is to check the belt and I replaced (and paid for) a new front ABS sensor on my SR while the bike was still under warranty, but I still would rather do it myself and pay than try to hassle with their service. I am several versions behind on my firmware and I never had the  motor commissioning done since purchased new. And they each have around 7,500 miles on them. I have tried a couple of times to get them serviced to no avail. The Zero dealer here in Reno does not yet even have the firmware. But I will take care of it ASAP. Just not possible here in Reno yet. I may have to try Oak Grove Power Sports. But both bikes still ride perfectly and I am not too concerned.

I have also done repairs on my TTSE during the warranty period. I even cut into the cable harness to make a repair when the bike was still under warranty, which voids the warranty on the harness. Not real smart, but easier than dealing with the service when I can make a repair myself the same day and ride. Anyway, that's just me. I prefer to fix things myself, when I can, even when under warranty.

Yes, I have a lot of experience with electronics and high voltages, so that's no issue. I have been into electronics all my life, both as a hobby and professionally. I retired five years ago from the City of San Francisco as an Emergency Radio Systems Technician.  But I am still somewhat new to EVs and have a lot to learn.

You would not have to ride to Reno. We could meet somewhere half way between Antioch and Auburn, CA.  Perhaps Elk Grove Power Sports, for an example. That's where I purchased my Zero SR.

I normally spend a couple of weeks in Reno and then a week or so at my house in Auburn and I am usually very flexible on when and how long I stay at either place, since I am retired.

-Don-  Reno, NV
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2019, 02:08:59 AM »

I called the shop in Livermore to see what I have to do to buy my new Energica.

I have to go to Mtn. View, CA  to buy the bike and do the paperwork. But after that, they can bring the bike to Livermore and from there, even make arrangements to deliver it to my  Auburn house.

For servicing, they have companies that they recommend who will pick up the bike, bring it to Livermore and from there it will be delivered to Mt. View for the service. The shop  can only deliver bikes for liability reasons but cannot pick up such for service.

They also said, however, they have yet to do a single repair on any of these bikes, warranty or otherwise.  Seems to be the most reliable bike ever made--or else they sold very few. I didn't ask which.  I guess that also means they have no experience working on them, but they are located close to the main service center in Redwood City where the main Energica service people are for the entire USA, who they can deal with as necessary.

So it's mostly good news.  Sometime after the 10th, if I like the bike after I try it out I will do a trip to Mt. View, CA in my Tesla  and buy the bike. I was told they just got in  a new EsseEsse9 at Mt. View. If it sells before I get there, not an issue as I will simply order one. It's not like I need to be in a hurry for my 10th bike or 3rd electric motorcycle.

-Don-  Reno, NV

1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2019, 03:25:09 AM »

Here is their SS-9 model as of last Saturday. (BTW, I will be at the shop this Saturday cooling my heels as my R1200RS gets its coolant and brake fluid replaced, which is likely to set me back about $400.)

What I have been told when Calmoto first started selling the Energica is that they bring the bikes to the company's service center in Redwood City if it need anything but the most minor chassis service.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2019, 03:40:03 AM »

Here is their SS-9 model as of last Saturday. (BTW, I will be at the shop this Saturday cooling my heels as my R1200RS gets its coolant and brake fluid replaced, which is likely to set me back about $400.)

What I have been told when Calmoto first started selling the Energica is that they bring the bikes to the company's service center in Redwood City if it need anything but the most minor chassis service.
Thanks for that photo. In two weeks or so that bike may no longer be there. It's even the color that I want.

I was told to deal with a guy by the name of Jackson there. Do you know who he is?

It will take me about 3.5 hours to drive there from Auburn.

When I do, it will probably be early on a week day, but doesn't have to be.

If you would like to meet me there, I can tell you when I should be there.

This is assuming that I decide that I will buy the bike. I have not even seen one yet, other than the photos.

-Don- Reno, NV

1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

MVetter

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2019, 03:56:26 AM »

The blue color of the Esse Esse 9 really brings out the color in my eyes  ;)

BigPoppa

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2019, 04:47:10 AM »

There’s no denying the beauty of the blue EsseEsse9 in person. Pictures don’t do the color nor the finish justice. I was really torn between getting the Eva107 and adding bar risers and aftermarket lower pegs (not to mention heated grips and a screen) but the EsseEsse9 they had at the time already had the heated grips, the better riding position and the blue ergal screw set. I just couldn’t take my eyes off it the entire time I was at CalMoto.

In the end I’m glad I pulled the trigger on the EsseEsse9. Not as fast as the Eva107 but more than fast enough to haul my big rear around and I love the way it looks more and more each day.

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2019, 04:59:12 AM »

Thanks for that photo. In two weeks or so that bike may no longer be there. It's even the color that I want.

I was told to deal with a guy by the name of Jackson there. Do you know who he is?

It will take me about 3.5 hours to drive there from Auburn.

When I do, it will probably be early on a week day, but doesn't have to be.

If you would like to meet me there, I can tell you when I should be there.

This is assuming that I decide that I will buy the bike. I have not even seen one yet, other than the photos.

-Don- Reno, NV

The sales manager that I deal with is Arlie. You can see his desk at the far right of the attached photo. His desk is located in the Energica section, next to the exterior wall.  I believe Jackson is the salesman that sits in the middle of the showroom.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

BigPoppa

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2019, 05:11:03 AM »

I dealt with David Yoshida when I bought my EsseEsse9. Great guy and very patient with me as I talked his ear off and poked & prodded the bikes after test riding them.

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2019, 03:20:38 AM »

I visited Calmoto again today. The blue EsseEsse9 is still on the showroom floor.

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2019, 06:18:47 AM »

I visited Calmoto again today. The blue EsseEsse9 is still on the showroom floor.
Thanks. I am staying overnight in Mountain View on the 13th. Even if it's gone, I can order one there, if I decided to buy it. And even if I do buy the one that's there now, it will be a while before it gets to Auburn, And later to Reno when I ride it back here.

I really won't know anything until the 10th. I assume you read about our meeting at the Elk Grove WalMart on the 10th. If not see here. Will you be able to make the trip?

However, If I decide the SS9 is not for me on the 10th, I will cancel my stay in Mt. View for the 13th as that will be the only reason for me to go there.

The paperwork MUST be done in the same shop that sells the bike, so that cannot be done in their Livermore shop.

-Don-  Reno, NV

1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2019, 06:37:39 AM »

Thanks. I am staying overnight in Mountain View on the 13th. Even if it's gone, I can order one there, if I decided to buy it. And even if I do buy the one that's there now, it will be a while before it gets to Auburn, And later to Reno when I ride it back here.

I really won't know anything until the 10th. I assume you read about our meeting at the Elk Grove WalMart on the 10th. If not see here. Will you be able to make the trip?

However, If I decide the SS9 is not for me on the 10th, I will cancel my stay in Mt. View for the 13th as that will be the only reason for me to go there.

The paperwork MUST be done in the same shop that sells the bike, so that cannot be done in their Livermore shop.

-Don-  Reno, NV

I won't be going to the meeting as I can only travel about 90 miles before my Zero needs an overnight charge.  Besides I plan to meet some friends on the morning of Aug. 10 at Alice's Restaurant for breakfast. So enjoy your event.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4