• September 25, 2024, 05:26:00 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Anything new in 2019 for Energica?  (Read 2546 times)

NEW2elec

• View Profile
Anything new in 2019 for Energica?
« on: April 07, 2019, 07:36:35 AM »

Well title says it all, I haven't seen any news on their website or any 2019 bikes listed on Cycle Trader.
I know their big focus right now is on the race series but will the Ego get an upgrade in the near future?

SBK74

• View Profile
Re: Anything new in 2019 for Energica?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2019, 12:11:56 PM »

For 2019 bikes they have communicated: 15% faster DC charging, cruise control, traction control, heated grips and more charging options. I have seen these options being installed on 2019 bikes. The pre-2019 bikes will be updated, but with no CC, TC and heated grips.
2018-2022  EsseEsse9
2022-         2021 Ribelle RS

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2019, 06:48:18 AM »

I visited my BMW dealer today and they had a couple of 2019 models on the showroom floor - along with a 2017 bike.  I gather that sales have been slow but steady. With a price under $20K, USD, I would have to say that they are a pretty good value for what you get. Photos attached.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Guchmyster

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2019, 05:44:54 AM »

Hi Guys, I just joined the forum. I purchased my EVA 107 in Jan ‘19 and it is a 2019 bike, but I did miss out in the cruise control and heated grips update. I’m working with the the dealer to see if it would be possible to upgrade those systems. The CCS level 3 charging is working very well and I have missed out on firmware updates that should be installed next week. I’ll post any updates after that. Cheers

RFlashman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2019, 12:25:50 AM »

For 2019 bikes they have communicated: 15% faster DC charging, cruise control, traction control, heated grips and more charging options. I have seen these options being installed on 2019 bikes. The pre-2019 bikes will be updated, but with no CC, TC and heated grips.

In the USA, due to a quirk in how VINs are issued, this is a 2020 model. So USA is always one model number ahead of Europe.

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2019, 03:35:19 AM »

Today I stopped by Calmoto in Mountain View, CA and took these two pictures of the Energica section of their showroom.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2019, 04:04:43 AM »

Today I stopped by Calmoto in Mountain View, CA and took these two pictures of the Energica section of their showroom.
What made you decide on your Zero over the Energicas? 

I have never even seen any of the Energicas. But they look very interesting to me.

And how long have they had Energica at CalMoto?  The last time I was in CalMoto in Mt. View was around six or seven years ago.

-Don-  Reno, NV
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
2017 Blk/Gold HD Road Glide Ultra
2017 Org Zero DS ZF 6.5/(now is 7.2)
2017 Red Zero SR ZF13 w/ Pwr Tank
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

MVetter

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2019, 06:38:03 AM »

CalMoto is actually very close to US Energica HQ. I've been there and it's a nice display. The bikes really are as clean on the inside as they are on the outside. The biggest thing, for me, is the 20 minute fast charge. I am a fast charge addict.

edit- Don, when Brandon does the Iron Butt run on an Energica he'll pass through Reno. You could meet at the CCS station and take a look at the bike when it happens maybe.

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2019, 06:40:03 AM »

What made you decide on your Zero over the Energicas? 

I have never even seen any of the Energicas. But they look very interesting to me.

And how long have they had Energica at CalMoto?  The last time I was in CalMoto in Mt. View was around six or seven years ago.

-Don-  Reno, NV

I bought two Zeros, a 2012 S and a 2014 S before Energica ever entered the U.S, market. So it was natural for me to purchase another one as I have never had a problem with any of my bikes and they suit my type of riding. When Energica first entered the U.S. market, they were way too expensive. But when they dropped their prices over $10K, they started to compete with Zero prices and their much higher technical specifications made them a good value. 

However, I found that the Energica models just had too much of everything, except range, for my needs.  Mostly too much weight, too much power, too much speed, too top heavy and too complicated for my utility-type of usage. All I need is something to get me down the road around the area and that can be charged overnight. The Energicas are wonderful motorcycles, just not for me.

Calmoto has been selling the brand for just about three years now. In fact they were selling Energicas before they started selling the BMW C-Evolution scooter.

I might add that I was surprised today to see how high the handlebars were on the SS-9, shown in the photo in my post above.  With a handlebar windshield attached, I bet the bike is quite comfortable to ride.  :)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 06:43:35 AM by Richard230 »

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2019, 10:19:59 AM »

CalMoto is actually very close to US Energica HQ. I've been there and it's a nice display. The bikes really are as clean on the inside as they are on the outside. The biggest thing, for me, is the 20 minute fast charge. I am a fast charge addict.

edit- Don, when Brandon does the Iron Butt run on an Energica he'll pass through Reno. You could meet at the CCS station and take a look at the bike when it happens maybe.
Sure, if he can let me know when. Plugshare shows two CCS stations in Reno, both at Save-Marts, one on Plum and the other on Kietzke in the southern part of Reno, and they are fairly close together.

I also see that the CCS stations are evenly spaced between here and  Auburn, CA which would make the Energica a good pick for me. I assume I  will also find it more comfy than the Zero SR/F.

-Don-  Reno, NV
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2019, 11:00:24 AM »

Calmoto has been selling the brand for just about three years now. In fact they were selling Energicas before they started selling the BMW C-Evolution scooter.
I wish somebody sold the Energicas closer to my locations. I would like to try one out. And I have the room for my 10th motorcycle!

-Don-  Reno, NV

1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

BigPoppa

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2019, 08:11:11 PM »

I might add that I was surprised today to see how high the handlebars were on the SS-9, shown in the photo in my post above.  With a handlebar windshield attached, I bet the bike is quite comfortable to ride.  :)

I just installed the Energica SS9 windshield on my bike. I’ll report back here late next week or so on whether or not I notice any difference in range. Since I don’t spend a lot of time at freeway speeds I’ll have to take the longer (distance) way into work to test out freeway comfort and range with the windshield.
2023 Can-Am Spyder F3 Limited

MVetter

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2019, 08:29:14 PM »

Sure, if he can let me know when. Plugshare shows two CCS stations in Reno, both at Save-Marts, one on Plum and the other on Kietzke in the southern part of Reno, and they are fairly close together.

I also see that the CCS stations are evenly spaced between here and  Auburn, CA which would make the Energica a good pick for me. I assume I  will also find it more comfy than the Zero SR/F.

-Don-  Reno, NV

Yeah on the test route run he used the one on the South edge of Reno. Also he's altering the route so I don't know if it's going through Reno at this point but if he is I'll definitely let you know when. Here's a timelapse of the 800+ mile test day he did on the Energica. With the state of his broken back there's no way he would be able to do this on an uncomfortable bike; I think you'll find the Esse Esse 9 is definitely the most comfortable of the offerings.

Reno is around 25 seconds in the video I believe.

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2019, 04:58:11 AM »

The Blue EVA EsseEsse9 looks interesting to me. I assume I will find it more comfy than the Zero SR/F (I am a little over six feet tall).

But how is it for comfort? Is any of it adjustable?

What type of maintenance is required that a dealer must do?

What else can you guys tell me about the Energica that's not on their website?  What is the price tag?

I see the largest problem as probably being so few dealers, especially when away for the CA coast. I wonder if there will be more dealers any time soon.

I assume I will have to go quite a ways just to test ride one and then buying one will probably be even a bigger hassle. I also wonder if the Livermore Cal Moto store could get one from their other store in Mt. View.

Any info. you guys can give me about these bikes I will appreciate.

-Don-  Reno, NV
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

BigPoppa

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2019, 05:28:14 AM »

Compared to the SR/F and Eva, the EsseEsse9 is noticeably more comfortable. Compared to our Triumph Trophies though, it’s still nowhere near as comfortable and feels like the smaller bike that it is. Neither the bars, foot pegs, nor seat are adjustable. You would need to swap out the bars and pegs with different pieces to adjust the riding position. You could probably get the seat re-upholstered but given the seat is the charging port cover and doesn’t quickly remove you might have challenges getting an aftermarket seat for it.

The maintenance interval is every 6000 miles (plus the initial 600 mile service) and the electric motor oil as well as the VCU coolant is changed out. Everything else is inspect and replace as needed (brake fluid, brake pads, tires, chain, rear sprocket) plus I’m sure a fork oil change at some point in time like on most bikes.

The base SS9 has the same MSRP as the SR/F Premium and is the most direct competitor performance-wise. The base Eva107 runs $2k more but you get more performance in the form of a 107kw motor instead of the 80kw motor in the SS9. The base Ego is $4k more (I think) than the SS9 but is a sport bike riding position so definitely much more aggressive than the other 3. It has the same motor as the Eva107. All Energicas can be upgraded with cosmetic (carbon fiber panels, color-matched bolt sets), functional (heated grips, windscreen & side cases for the SS9/Eva107), and performance (Öhlins front forks and rear shock) pieces.

Although sister shops, only the Mountain View CalMoto location carries the Energicas. They are looking into adding Energica to their Livermore location if volume increases I think. That being said, they’re pretty flexible about working with you if you need to drop off/pick up the bike at the Livermore location...just don’t be in a rush since they don’t make runs between their shops everyday. Unless you’re riding the Energica to Livermore, Mountain View is only about 35 miles (give or take) away and isn’t that much farther if you’re trailering the bike. There are public L2 and L3 charging options available in Pleasanton if you do have to ride it Mountain View though.

Hope that helps...
2023 Can-Am Spyder F3 Limited
Pages: [1] 2 3 4