• September 21, 2024, 09:13:15 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Should there be a separate section for the SR/F?  (Read 76043 times)

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
Re: Should there be a separate section for the SR/F?
« Reply #60 on: December 16, 2019, 03:53:10 AM »

Just for reference, I'm moving forward with the Gen/Platform nomenclature for the unofficial manual as I reorganize it to support the SR/F:

https://zeromanual.com/wiki/Gen1
https://zeromanual.com/wiki/Gen2
https://zeromanual.com/wiki/Gen3

and:

https://zeromanual.com/wiki/SDS_Platform
https://zeromanual.com/wiki/XMX_Platform

SDS and XMX are Gen2, and do share quite a lot in common, so I think it's fair to keep them together.

FWIW for Gen1, the platforms are S and X, so when it comes time to break those out, that's how to distinguish them from SDS and XMX.

SR/F is FST / Gen3, of course. I think the Gen3 definition will stand up to scrutiny better than FST, but they're synonymous for now.
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

enaef

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 15, 2020, 08:38:28 PM »

Why not a separat section for the 'SR-Family'? For now that would be SR/F and SR/S.

I think that would definitively be justified ... !
2019 Zero SR/F Premium & Rapid Charger

Crissa

• Centauress
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 16, 2020, 12:29:25 AM »

Why not a separat section for the 'SR-Family'? For now that would be SR/F and SR/S.
SR/F is FST / Gen3, of course. I think the Gen3 definition will stand up to scrutiny better than FST, but they're synonymous for now.
2014 Zero S ZF8.5

togo

• It's like flying. But with more traction.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 18, 2020, 01:29:32 AM »

I think that would definitively be justified ... !

It would confuse people who've owned 2014-2020 SR motorcycles.

our knowledge about Zeros collects here: https://zeromanual.com/

togo

• It's like flying. But with more traction.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 28, 2020, 04:51:31 AM »

Maybe call it "Zero Slash" family.
our knowledge about Zeros collects here: https://zeromanual.com/

Crissa

• Centauress
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 28, 2020, 09:20:25 AM »

Do you know what slash is slang for, togo?

-Crissa
2014 Zero S ZF8.5

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #66 on: March 12, 2020, 07:33:23 AM »

I'm still advocating "Gen3" or "FST".

Just for fun, I worked out this little idiom: If FST is just a collection of the initialisms they'll use for these models, than we have the SR/F, SR/S, and then they might decide to go with "DSR/T" (desert, har har).

Shadow

• Global Moderator
  • 130,000mi electric since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 19, 2020, 12:05:04 AM »

Just for fun, I worked out this little idiom: If FST is just a collection of the initialisms they'll use for these models, than we have the SR/F, SR/S, and then they might decide to go with "DSR/T" (desert, har har).

Nice ;D still Gen3 though. Are the SR/S and SR/F sharing a lot of parts / tech, moreso than between Gen2 and Gen3?

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #68 on: April 22, 2020, 10:13:36 AM »

Nice ;D still Gen3 though. Are the SR/S and SR/F sharing a lot of parts / tech, moreso than between Gen2 and Gen3?
Gen3 is way easier for people to think about and sort through forums, especially those who are new or outsiders.

The SRF and SRS are largely the same, moreso than S vs DS models, although the SRS frame has anchors for the fairing stays built into at least the steering head tube. This is typical for many faired motorcycle variants, like the SV-650S. I haven’t had an SRS to tear down yet, but that was the plan before the pandemic lockdown.

Right now, Gen3 is synonymous with this platform, FST, but I suspect some tech or ideas will get retrofitted to the Gen2 platforms, which will make them Gen3 the way that Gen2 tech transformed the S and X platforms that existed since 2009 or so.

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 04, 2020, 12:31:20 PM »

I like the idea of splitting them up by generation, it's something we're all familiar with and seems the most logical.

It may be a little too late to do this on the forum though. I feel sorry for the poor soul that would have to sift through all the topics and allocate them to their new home!  It's a bit of a digital soup at the moment.

It doesn't particularly bother me that SRF stuff is mixed in with the rest of it, to be honest.  In my mind the current subforum is just the place to go for the latest posts on anything Zero related.  That's since I lost all interest in 2012 models a few years ago.

I guess that if Brian manages to find the time and make the effort to categorise everything by generation on the Unofficial Zero Manual site, then the same should be done here.  Given the appropriate admin rights, I'd be willing to chip in and help sift through the soup and reallocate topics.  It would be a nice way for me to help out.  I wouldn't wish the job on anyone else though!

Thank you to everyone who helps keep this forum going. I still prefer it to the Facebook Group, even though that is more popular.  Thanks also to Brian, who has done such a magnificent job of curating the Unofficial Zero Manual site too. 

nevetsyad

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 19, 2020, 01:04:45 AM »

After playing with my SR/S last night, I have to agree, they need a new section. Spent a half hour trying to get the old app/bluetooth to work. Totally new OS/App/feature set (cellular?!?).

Gen III family seems like a good designator. Or just say SR/F and SR/S for now, until they add more models?
2023 Energica Experia
2022 Lightning Strike (reservation)
2021 Energica Eva Ribelle (For Sale)
2020 Zero SR/S (sold)
2018 Zero DSR (sold)
2015 Zero SR (Lets call it sold)

Shadow

• Global Moderator
  • 130,000mi electric since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 26, 2020, 08:56:03 PM »

...I feel sorry for the poor soul that would have to sift through all the topics and allocate them to their new home!  It's a bit of a digital soup at the moment.
...Given the appropriate admin rights, I'd be willing to chip in and help sift through the soup and reallocate topics.  It would be a nice way for me to help out.  I wouldn't wish the job on anyone else though!
::) Moderating is easy enough and allows for rename/move topics. It might break external links though. Admin is needed to create a sub-forum for Gen3.

RoryRed

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 10, 2020, 11:26:45 PM »

Perhaps the delineation is Cipher III based bikes?

Slartybartfarst

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 05, 2022, 02:30:02 PM »

Yes there should be an SR section, the SR, SRF, SRS are new generation and I cant seem to find to many forums. I was looking to post how I convert seat to heated which I find I need in UK with no heat from an ICE.

BTW on the configurable dash trip A resets to zero automatically if you fully charge to 100% as a result it automatically counts your full tank range
Maybe it behaves like this as I left quadrant B as "empty" and it stuck it in there anyway. Id experiment and find out but as the manual says nothing about this and i find it so usefull ill be leaving as is in case I loose the function.
1969 Honda CB750 K0 USA
1970 Honda CB750 K0 UK
1973 Suzuki Stinger T125
1973 Kawasaki 500 H1B
1974 Hercules W2000 Wankle
1975 Morini 350 sport drum
1998 Suzuki Stinger T125 Monkey Bike
2003 Cagiva Raptor 1000
2006 Suzuki GSXR 1000 K6 (Carbon wheels)
2014 Tesla S P85
2022 Zero SRF premium 15.6+

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 05, 2022, 03:44:01 PM »

I can't say I've ever felt the need for a heated seat. In fact I remember on my old Ducati 748 that heat down there was a real problem. I'm amazed to find someone even makes such a thing.
Zero SR/F
Ducati Hypermotard 950
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6