FUELL
« on: March 04, 2019, 10:41:00 PM »

Just got an E-Mail about Erik Buell's latest venture:

https://fuell.us
1999 BMW K1200LT
2019 Yamaha XMAX
2021 Zero SR

DaveinFL

• 2017 Tiger 800 XRX - looking to get a Zero soon!
    • View Profile
Re: FUELL
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2019, 01:46:46 AM »

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2019, 04:29:10 AM »

I wonder if there is any limit to the number of prototype and concept electric motorcycles that hope to be manufactured and sold on the consumer market some day?  ::) Good luck to Buell. At least the chassis should be well designed.  ;)
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2019, 07:31:23 AM »

Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2019, 08:20:26 PM »

By mid-April Erik Buell and his partners, who are working on a concept electric bicycle and motorcycle (called the Flow) will have their website up and running so that they can take deposits on the "Flow" for deliveries sometime in 2021.  I can hardly wait.  ::)

More information here:  https://electricmotorcycles.news/erik-buell-unveils-2-lightweight-e-vehicles-with-his-new-urban-mobility-brand-fuell/

If you ask me, this looks like another bottomless business pit for Erik Buell.   :'(

Fran K

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2019, 09:31:40 PM »

" and are among the best performing on the market"

"FLOW
An electric motorcycle available in 11kW (125cc equivalent) or 35kW (motorcycle license) versions"

From your article linked in post 5 above.   Reply 4 the way this site works.

If it really is hub motor as seems stated in multiple of these kind of articles that is certainly noteworthy.

Looks to me the passenger pegs are not on the swingarm as posters on other forums seem to be stating.

How can something not available now be in an on the market comparison?

The bicycle one looks like it would be hard to tell it is battery assisted and has a belt.  Not that I study up on that class.

JaimeC

• View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2019, 02:05:05 AM »

Interesting articles on this new venture:
https://www.motorcyclistonline.com/fuell-is-more-than-an-electric-motorcycle-company-part-1
https://www.motorcyclistonline.com/fuell-is-more-than-an-electric-motorcycle-company-part-2

Sounds like they're on the right track chasing realistic goals instead of "pie-in-the-sky" stuff.
1999 BMW K1200LT
2019 Yamaha XMAX
2021 Zero SR

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2019, 03:39:06 AM »

It will be interesting to see how that (apparently) single-side-supported hub motor works out.  I am not quite sure what to make of that short piece of swing arm at the right side of the bike.  ???

Haag13

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2019, 03:45:00 AM »

Is Fuell bankrupt yet?

JaimeC

• View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2019, 04:38:13 AM »

Is Fuell bankrupt yet?

Haters gotta hate.  :(
1999 BMW K1200LT
2019 Yamaha XMAX
2021 Zero SR

Haag13

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2019, 07:25:03 PM »

I really like Buell's bikes, but it's tough to trust him after so many years of financial ruin.  I'm honestly really hoping this works out.

minronnee

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2019, 12:56:47 AM »

Is Fuell bankrupt yet?

Haters gotta hate.  :(

With all due respect I don't see that as a hate comment.

It just seems like a comment with a spin of humor based on facts and past history.

Lets say you are a motorcycle fan that has spent well over 100k on Bikes with Erik attached (actually done soo much more to try and help him) only to watch all that money go down the drain. Or better yet have your life put in danger more than once by things exploding underneath you while trying to ride and promote something for them. Then be told misinformation over and over by support. or flat out ignored. and now cant get parts to make those horrible investments even run as basic transportation.... Heck if anything I think  Haag was being polite.

Have a wonderful weekend and ride safe

wavelet

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2019, 10:03:12 PM »

Is Fuell bankrupt yet?
Just for accuracy, the Buell motorcycle maker during part- and then whole- H-D ownership was profitable financially, made an impressive range of bikes (from starter 500CC bikes through sportbikes & standards to tourers, sport-tourers & adventure-tourers) -- all using someone's elses (H-D V-twins) engines as a given, with no choice (*).

H-D decided to shut them down simply because the profit margins weren't quite as high as on H-D cruisers & luxotourers, even though they had no better avenue at the time to bring new customers to the brand or for beginning riders. That would have been a great solution to the problems they have now as a company.

(*) Well, Erik Buell was forced by H-D to use half of a Sportster engine, when otherwise he would have used the Rotax single. The Blast made money for H-D, but lost money for Buell.

JaimeC

• View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2019, 10:36:36 PM »

Buell was shut down by Harley because they had an IDIOT of a CEO (Keith Wandell), a golfer who never ONCE sat on a motorcycle.  Just when Harley should've been diversifying their product line, that short-sighted jackass decided to shut down Buell and concentrate on heavy cruisers.  Every Harley dealership I spoke to that also carried Buell said the Ulysses was their biggest selling model.  WTF, why would you shut that down?  Look at how the adventure touring market has EXPLODED and Harley has NOTHING in that range.  They're developing something NOW, but they could've been a DECADE into the game by now.
1999 BMW K1200LT
2019 Yamaha XMAX
2021 Zero SR

minronnee

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2019, 11:35:19 PM »

Buell was shut down by Harley because they had an IDIOT of a CEO (Keith Wandell), a golfer who never ONCE sat on a motorcycle.  Just when Harley should've been diversifying their product line, that short-sighted jackass decided to shut down Buell and concentrate on heavy cruisers.  Every Harley dealership I spoke to that also carried Buell said the Ulysses was their biggest selling model.  WTF, why would you shut that down? 

This is dead on accurate... But I do know alot of Buell owners from the era you are talking about that are not happy with a long list of problems but those are hands down better than the ones under Eriks own company....

Even down to that custom handmade 45k thing that explodes under the driver, and the social media has to guilt Erik into doing anything to help.. now when one of those overpriced paperweights explodes your only option is to spend a ton more money to buy another motor that will just blow up. Provided you live through it.  Yes the Harley CEO was a joke or destroyed the company on purpose but Without Harleys checks and balances Eriks bikes got worse and cost the people trying to support him tons in bad info.

So Im sticking with nothing associated with Erik until 1.) he does right by some people that really went all in for him. 2.) his bikes have been on the road for a couple of years, no explosions and the machines are supportable.

Be safe and happy ridding.
Pages: [1] 2