• October 07, 2024, 02:19:03 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Electrifying Ducati  (Read 446 times)

Richard230

• View Profile
Re: Electrifying Ducati
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2019, 05:12:39 AM »

I assume that first picture is just someone's imaginative computer drawing.  Ducati "Zero", no less.  ::) It will be interesting to see what Ducati comes up with when they do get around to marketing a production electric motorcycle.  I would think that they wouldn't enter the market unless they can achieve at least the same performance as the Energica models.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

NEW2elec

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2019, 11:43:54 AM »

Exciting times.  I figured 2019 or 2020 they would start flooding in.
I can't remember which one of Ducati's top brass it was but I remember back in like 2015 they rode a Zero and said how much they loved it.
They hinted at a joint effort back then but I don't know where that stands.

Fran K

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2019, 01:12:42 PM »

I assume that first picture is just someone's imaginative computer drawing.  Ducati "Zero", no less.  ::) It will be interesting to see what Ducati comes up with when they do get around to marketing a production electric motorcycle.  I would think that they wouldn't enter the market unless they can achieve at least the same performance as the Energica models.

It is going to be intresting to see how the new management at VW feel about Ducati in general.  It is my understanding at present that the Volkswagen (or whatever the parent company is called) CEO that brought diesel models to market without using DEF (a liquid to make exhaust cleaner) was the driving force to aquire Ducati.  You seem intrested in what larger entities are funding the electric motorcycle production in various posts on here.
Fran

Moto7575

• City rider
  • Zero XU2012-Zero S2013-Zero FXS2017-Zero SRF2022
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2019, 01:46:18 PM »

Car makers are having a really bad time and are in a buying frenzy of car sharing or technology companies. I am not sure selling Ducati would be a good idea now, because motorbikes sales still have a growth carmakers would dream of.
Zero XU2012-Zero S2013-Zero FXS2017-Zero SRF2022

NEW2elec

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2019, 09:01:11 PM »

At least one other factor is, Transport Evolved reported there are now 9 states that mandate a company must offer an EV or fuel cell option if they want to sale gas models in that state.  I doubt it applies to motorcycles "yet" but it's best for them to cover their butts with at least an offering.
Pages: [1]