• September 24, 2024, 05:17:58 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Possible Energica additions to the diginow indiegogo  (Read 1418 times)

Electric Cowboy

• View Profile
    • Miller's Premium Brand Electrons : YouTube
Possible Energica additions to the diginow indiegogo
« on: December 13, 2018, 04:48:39 AM »

If we offered an upgrade for the energica onboard charger which would half your charging time from J1772 or Mennekes plugs would you guys support it?

If energica made a limited run of 5 Custom Racebikes/Streetbike to my specs would you guys be interested?

Just hypothetical and curious.

Best,

Brandon

ultrarnr

• View Profile
Re: Possible Energica additions to the diginow indiegogo
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2018, 03:59:06 PM »

Brandon,

I would definitely be interested in a faster L2 charging capability for my Eva 107. L2 charging speed really is the biggest issue I have with an otherwise truly amazing motorcycle.

As far as a limited run of an Energica made custom racebike/streetbike to your specs, I am definitely interested in what you are thinking about on specs. I live in North Carolina and have some of the more famous roads for testing any configuration you come up with! Seriously though pm me, I am really interested in what you are thinking. Thanks, Vinny

Electric Cowboy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2018, 01:39:13 AM »

Awesome feedback!

I really appreciate hearing from others to make sure the things that I want, and hypothetically build, on my bike are the same thing others want too.

-Brandon

ultrarnr

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2018, 04:33:59 PM »

Brandon,

Unless someone who owns an Energica lives in an area with a really awesome network of CCS charging I think they would be interested in faster L2 charging. Back in July I took my Eva on a road trip to western NC for a few days. Riding on the Blue Ridge Parkway where I had easy access to CCS charging was amazing. 20-30 minute charge times compared with 2 hours on my Zero. But there were roads I wanted to ride on in which I would only have access to L2 charging and when you are looking at 3 1/2 hours or so each time I decided against it. So cutting that time in half would be a big deal. I don't think Energica is going to develop faster L2 charging. It might not be needed in Europe. Right now the only option for faster L2 charging is this: https://www.evseadapters.com/collections/ev-chargers-and-evses/products/portable-chademo-ccs-combo-dc-quick-charger    And I haven't figured out how to secure it on the bike so you can travel with it. Once you strap the power cords on top it is a big and heavy package.

Which model of Energica do you have?

Vinny

Electric Cowboy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2018, 12:48:56 PM »

Hey Vinny, you are definitely good people if you strap that box on your energica! But maybe I can help you not have to do that ;)

I just have an ego for now along with 5 Zeros, definately will be expanding the energica line up as we build more products for them. Thats why we have so many Zeros, we make a lot of parts for them too and do custom tuning etc. Really looking forward to doing the same on these!

Best!

Electric Cowboy ;)

SBK74

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2018, 04:02:57 PM »

As an Energica owner, living in an area with  many CCS chargers, I am not that desperately in need for a faster AC charger, for trips to remote areas it might be an interesting option. Also when you travel in groups, you could still charge 10kW with the other(s) charging at 22kW DC simultaniously. can it be wired 3-phase? That would broaden the choice of charging stations.  Energica Mennekes inlet is currenly one phase pinned.

edited; problably question answered in the Zero topic.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 04:22:58 PM by SBK74 »
2018-2022  EsseEsse9
2022-         2021 Ribelle RS

Electric Cowboy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2018, 07:41:36 AM »

Wait... what??? The mennekes is 1 phase pinned? Wow... that sounds kinda perfect... harder and harder to keep saying hypothetical.

Electric Cowboy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2018, 03:24:38 AM »

OK, I am planning on running a different indiegogo for the prototype development of this. It's not hypothetical any more, but rather than mix the two campaigns, I would like to see the interest, or lack thereof, clearly from the energica community.

We have 11 hours left on our mass production super charger indiegogo. Once that is over we will begin work on prototype costs and the indiegogo campaign.

Best,

Brandon!

tango

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2018, 04:43:37 AM »

I am looking to buy an Eva in the next couple months. I would definitely be interested in faster L2.

Brandon - please keep us posted!

Norm

Electric Cowboy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2019, 01:29:40 AM »

Thanks guys! We have a lot in the works for these bikes. Its going to be awesome!

ultrarnr

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2019, 02:21:31 AM »

Brandon,

Thanks! And it may not be too early to start thinking about faster L2 for the LiveWire! Sounds like it is really going to need it!

tango

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2019, 11:43:18 PM »

And more movememt on this front?

If I had 6kw L2 I think the bike would be nearly perfect (could always use more range  ;D  )

Electric Cowboy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2019, 12:41:31 AM »

Hey guys, some progress on this front has been made. We have a new high power design that should work with the Energica platform. We have yet to begin testing on this, but after doing the race from LA to Monterey I am very excited to begin the testing process soon.
Pages: [1]