• June 26, 2024, 01:13:30 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: Corbin Seat available for 2013-2017 Zero's now  (Read 13800 times)

GrantMeStrength

• View Profile
Re: Corbin Seat available for 2013-2016 Zero's now
« Reply #90 on: September 03, 2016, 04:22:07 AM »

I'm curious to hear from those that didn't get the seat what your reasons were.

1. The stock seat works fine for me. My commutes are short, and my butt is still fine at the end of them.

2. I don't like the look of the Corbin, and don't think it enhances the look of the bike.

mrwilsn

• 2014 Zero S / 2017 Zero SR
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 03, 2016, 06:20:09 AM »

Yes Brian the Corbin seat is great and I love it.  After we had a chance to talk to him, I am surprised at the fact he seemed to indicate such a small number of them have been ordered.  Since we were hoping he could make a fairing that would hopefully close to double the highway range, which all of us would like, I'm curious to hear from those that didn't get the seat what your reasons were.  He's afraid there aren't enough Zero's out there to support the time to design a mold for a fairing.  The seat mold only cost $5000 to make the fairing will be $50,000 or more to make.  And he says not enough people bought the seat to make it look like it is going to even break even?

To get him to feel like there are enough of us out there that like to make mods to our Zero's it would help to post about the seat if you got it and love it, and if you were thinking about it, to read some reviews here and order one yourself!

Hopefully that will change his mind and he will start working on a bolt on fairing that fits the 2013-2016 bikes perfectly.

Priorities...I have a short commute so daily use is fine with the stock seat.

For long range...first priority is fast charging (DigiNow... check)... second priority is range...a fairing that gets close to double highway range would be awesome and worth a close look.  If the performance was there I would be in even if the looks aren't the best...if it looks awesome, provides good wind protection and significantly increases range (but not 'close to double') then I would be in.  If I had significantly more range and fast charge times then I would have to think about a new seat.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2014 Zero S

dukecola

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 03, 2016, 07:00:36 AM »

My girlfriend has reviewed the passenger seat positively, at least for a short ride. She really found it to be an improvement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's funny because I was ready to go Corbin but they specifically told me they could not make the passenger more comfortable.

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #93 on: September 03, 2016, 11:02:50 AM »

My girlfriend has reviewed the passenger seat positively, at least for a short ride. She really found it to be an improvement.
That's funny because I was ready to go Corbin but they specifically told me they could not make the passenger more comfortable.

I'm unsure why it works for her, but she also prefers the Zero passenger seat over my 2012 V-Strom 650's, specifically for being narrower. Body shapes and fit are not quite how we usually think of them.
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

ultrarnr

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 03, 2016, 03:23:36 PM »

Terry, I don't think there will be the demand for after market seats for electric motorcycles like there is for ICE motorcycles. I had a Corbin for my 2012 DL650 V-Strom and just ordered one for my 2015 V-Strom. They are far better than stock. But I don't have any interest in getting one for my SR. With my DL650 on the highway I can go 3 hrs + on a tank of gas. Stop, refuel in about 10-15 minutes and get back on the road. But traveling with the SR is very different. With the SR at highway speeds I can go an hour- hour and a half before I need to stop and recharge, typically 1:45- 2:00 with Elcons. The stock seat on the SR is comfortable for me for the riding time between charging sessions. The charging sessions for the SR are long enough to completely relax and recharge the body. If I traveled with my V-Strom like I do my SR I doubt I would have a Corbin on my V-Strom. If you spend 12 hours a day traveling on a motorcycle the amount of time you spend on the seat of an ICE motorcycle is far higher than the seat time of an electric motorcycle. As the range of electric motorcycles increases and charging times decrease the need for aftermarket seats will increase. Vinny

Electric Terry

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 03, 2016, 06:49:06 PM »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The wizards can modify anything you want, to any way you want with the ride in service.  The ones ordered online or over the phone are kept to the mold that they feel will satisfy 99% of people.   I would ride in with your passenger one weekend, or if out of town, fly in, mike has a Zero there in the showroom you can test ride with your passenger.  But I've heard from many others, including myself who takes a lot of passengers to and from the airport (twice this week already) and everyone has said its better and more padded than the stock passenger seat.  But if customization and making it exactly right for your passengers needs, its worth it for you to make the trek to Corbin to get the wizards to work on it.  Every time I'm there, someone is there from more than 1000 miles away just to make it "exactly" right.
100,000+ all electric miles on Zero Motorcycles - 75,000+ on a 2012 Zero S and 35,000+ miles on a 2015 Zero SR
http://www.facebook.com/electricterry
http://instagram.com/electricterry
https://twitter.com/electricterry

Gimli1844

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 04, 2016, 08:26:15 PM »

Here is my Corbin seat with Black Snake on the sides and Black Alligator seat and yellow piping.

clay.leihy

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 05, 2016, 04:42:27 AM »

I looked at their website but couldn't find the FX or FXS. That's OK, I don't want them either. Harumph.
Clay
DoD #2160,6

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #98 on: September 05, 2016, 07:37:30 AM »

I looked at their website but couldn't find the FX or FXS. That's OK, I don't want them either. Harumph.

Pretty sure you can just ask for one. The FX pan is one they know.

quixotic

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 10, 2016, 07:41:15 AM »

Does anyone have a rough estimate on how much further back on the bike a person could sit with the Corbin?  That (and the aesthetics) would be the main reason that I'd get one.
2013 Zero S. Isle of Man Classic TT is on the bucket list.

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
Corbin Seat available for 2013-2016 Zero's now
« Reply #100 on: September 10, 2016, 08:44:37 AM »

Does anyone have a rough estimate on how much further back on the bike a person could sit with the Corbin?  That (and the aesthetics) would be the main reason that I'd get one.

It definitely is designed to allow seating further back. I'll have to measure when I get home, but the visual comparison tool on the website shows a good three inches, and it's sculpted for flat seating right up to the transition.

I like it specifically so I can lean forward enough to smooth the airflow down my back behind the Parabellum.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 03:16:26 PM by BrianTRice »

ElectricZen

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 10, 2016, 12:15:01 PM »

I am totally getting a Corbin seat!  Just not a matter of if but a matter of when.  Just counting my pennies ATM... Diginow supercharger:-P

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Fivespeed302

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 16, 2016, 10:16:48 PM »

This is my issue as well.  I am 6' tall and find myself sitting on the pillion because it is more comfortable.  I don't really care about taking a passenger either so one long well padded seat would be perfect for me.  Sitting normally on the bike causes my nuts to get smashed.  Makes you feel like a perv making sack adjustments ;D
2015 Zero SR
2009 Yamaha R1

Fivespeed302

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 16, 2016, 10:19:24 PM »

It definitely is designed to allow seating further back. I'll have to measure when I get home, but the visual comparison tool on the website shows a good three inches, and it's sculpted for flat seating right up to the transition.

I like it specifically so I can lean forward enough to smooth the airflow down my back behind the Parabellum.

After my tire change, I'll start looking into a Corbin (one thing at a time). The stock seat is my only major complaint on an otherwise really fun bike.
2015 Zero SR
2009 Yamaha R1

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 17, 2016, 02:52:23 AM »

After my tire change, I'll start looking into a Corbin (one thing at a time). The stock seat is my only major complaint on an otherwise really fun bike.

And Air Hawk pad might be a less-expensive option worth looking into. It provides some extra height and can fill in the seat "bowl" a bit.   ???
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9