• June 29, 2024, 08:38:58 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Corbin Seat available for 2013-2017 Zero's now  (Read 13822 times)

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
Re: Corbin Seat available for 2013-2016 Zero's now
« Reply #60 on: May 27, 2016, 10:03:47 PM »

It appears that my order had been dropped, but thankfully I have time/range to visit the factory and they were kind enough to arrange to have it built once I arrive at the same cost. Customer service was very considerate about the whole situation but did confirm that orders have a typical 3-4 week turnaround time right now.
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #61 on: June 01, 2016, 08:26:51 AM »

Today, I visited the Corbin factory and got an onsite fitment at no extra charge! I rode 85 miles southeast this morning in one stretch, arriving with 7% charge and ready to use the free L2 charging station at full capacity, which was nice.

The design was not fully blue as I preferred but they only have certain materials in blue which are not suitable for the working surface, so instead I got a nice blue band on each side that adds to the blue DSR highlights.

My duffle bag returned awkwardly full of my stock seat along with charging accessories but it'll be much nicer regularly just holding charging kit to relieve the load on my top box.

I did charge halfway on the return to compensate for headwinds, but charged at full rate so didn't lose too much time. I'll report more on the seat when I'm not distracted by pointy objects against my back. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stevenh

• Newington NH
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 11, 2016, 07:29:32 AM »

Got my black-black-black with silver welt today.  Turned out to be an interesting install.  When I removed the old seat I found a mouse nest in the area behind the tail light!  The little buggers had trashed the tail-light wires and as it turns out, caused a short.  I had not noticed my tail light was no longer working.  Well, a bit of electrical repair, a fuse and a couple of hours later, my new seat is on, my tail light works, the mice have moved out, and my seat looks good...

I just did a quick break in ride (around 15 miles) and the seat is pretty hard to start with (expected).  I like the shape though.  Hopefully it will break in well.

Steve
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 04:33:16 PM by stevenh »
2020 SR/F Premium
2022 Ioniq 5 SEL

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #63 on: June 11, 2016, 10:19:07 AM »

My girlfriend has reviewed the passenger seat positively, at least for a short ride. She really found it to be an improvement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quixotic

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 12, 2016, 08:47:33 AM »

Got my black-black-black with silver welt today.  Turned out to be an interesting install.  When I removed the old seat I found a mouse nest in the area behind the tail light!  The little buggers had trashed the tail-light wires and as it turns out, caused a short.  I had not noticed my tail light was no longer working.  Well, a bit of electrical repair, a fuse and a couple of hours later, my new seat is on, my tail light works, the mice have moved out, and my seat looks good...

I just did a quick break in ride (around 15 miles) and the seat is pretty hard to start with (expected).  I like the shape though.  Hopefully it will break in well.

Steve

You have good taste in vehicles.  I spy an NA Miata in the background (I have a 91 and I love it to bits).
2013 Zero S. Isle of Man Classic TT is on the bucket list.

benswing

• 2016 Zero SR Cross Country Biker, www.Benswing.com
    • View Profile
    • Follow my electric motorcycle adventures on Facebook
« Reply #65 on: June 12, 2016, 09:17:59 AM »

Here is mine for those who haven't seen it already in Facebook.  The blue goes nicely with the lightning.

Subscribe to Benswing on YouTube to follow my summer journeys.
Like Ben Rich - Electric Biker on Facebook.

First to 48 states all electric!
 - Long Range Electric Biker - https://www.facebook.com/BenRidesElectric/
 - Video/photo/articles about 4 corners tour: http://www.benswing.com
 - Crossed the USA in 2013 on a 2012 Zero S with the Ride the Future Tour, see the movie at https://vimeo.com/169002549

mrwilsn

• 2014 Zero S / 2017 Zero SR
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 12, 2016, 11:50:03 AM »

Here is mine for those who haven't seen it already in Facebook.  The blue goes nicely with the lightning.

Is the lightning a wrap or did you get it painted?

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

2014 Zero S

stevenh

• Newington NH
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 12, 2016, 04:48:03 PM »

Steve

You have good taste in vehicles.  I spy an NA Miata in the background (I have a 91 and I love it to bits).

Yep, it's a 90.  What a great car.  Looks like we both have great taste in vehicles!
2020 SR/F Premium
2022 Ioniq 5 SEL

benswing

• 2016 Zero SR Cross Country Biker, www.Benswing.com
    • View Profile
    • Follow my electric motorcycle adventures on Facebook
Corbin Seat available for 2013-2016 Zero's now
« Reply #68 on: June 12, 2016, 05:35:18 PM »

Is the lightning a wrap or did you get it painted?

It was painted by an airbrush artist, SM Airbrushing in Northern NJ.

There is also a lithium atom and a portrait of Nikola Tesla.

First to 48 states all electric!
 - Long Range Electric Biker - https://www.facebook.com/BenRidesElectric/
 - Video/photo/articles about 4 corners tour: http://www.benswing.com
 - Crossed the USA in 2013 on a 2012 Zero S with the Ride the Future Tour, see the movie at https://vimeo.com/169002549

quixotic

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 12, 2016, 08:38:04 PM »

Steve

That Corbin hard foam takes forever to adapt to a person's butt.  If I recall, they state 1,000 miles or something like that.  I miss the days of stock seats that had soft foam in them.
2013 Zero S. Isle of Man Classic TT is on the bucket list.

mrwilsn

• 2014 Zero S / 2017 Zero SR
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 12, 2016, 09:33:46 PM »

It was painted by an airbrush artist, SM Airbrushing in Northern NJ.

There is also a lithium atom and a portrait of Nikola Tesla.

I thought it looked painted but I remember you posting about getting a wrap so I had to ask.

It looks awesome!

2014 Zero S

Eolas

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 13, 2016, 07:51:55 PM »

Got my Corbin over the weekend also... just got to try it out for the ride into work.  Seat position is a bit further back, so I was leaning a bit more on the ride... not bad at all, just will take getting used to.  Comfortable seat though!

Electric Terry

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 13, 2016, 10:03:59 PM »

Wow Eolas! The red piping on the SR looks so good!!

Anyone with a yellow S get a seat yet?  I'll bet that one with yellow piping would look awesome too.

Yeah 1000 miles sounds about right for break-in.  It happens so quick you hardly notice it though.
100,000+ all electric miles on Zero Motorcycles - 75,000+ on a 2012 Zero S and 35,000+ miles on a 2015 Zero SR
http://www.facebook.com/electricterry
http://instagram.com/electricterry
https://twitter.com/electricterry

stevenh

• Newington NH
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 19, 2016, 05:31:56 PM »

After installing my Corbin on my 16 DSR, I have a small gap on the tail between the frame and the seat (about 3/8").  Do others get a tight fit on the tail after install?  I can't find anything binding...

Steve
2020 SR/F Premium
2022 Ioniq 5 SEL

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #74 on: June 19, 2016, 11:25:08 PM »

After installing my Corbin on my 16 DSR, I have a small gap on the tail between the frame and the seat (about 3/8").  Do others get a tight fit on the tail after install?  I can't find anything binding...

Same, but I thought the gap was smaller, under ¼" but enough to see a sliver of daylight through.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9