• July 09, 2024, 06:03:28 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 31

Author Topic: Zero 2017  (Read 45765 times)

clay.leihy

• View Profile
Re: Zero 2017
« Reply #300 on: November 03, 2016, 10:24:27 AM »

The information was wrong but as soon as I turned the bike on everything looked perfect!  I bet the bad data before turning the bike on is because I have a 2014 Zero S.  Newer bikes may see better performance.
My 2015 FX won't even connect until I turn it on.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
Clay
DoD #2160,6

ZeroPointZero

• View Profile
« Reply #301 on: November 03, 2016, 11:29:43 AM »

Why would it connect if the bike is off???? ???

clay.leihy

• View Profile
« Reply #302 on: November 03, 2016, 11:47:17 AM »

Mrwilsn said his connected before he turned it on. My Bluetooth icon is blinking while off and charging. Would be nice to check the status from the living room. Maybe tie it into the home automation system. Come on Zero, give us a hook into IFTTT.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 11:50:46 AM by clay.leihy »
Clay
DoD #2160,6

Kocho

• View Profile
« Reply #303 on: November 03, 2016, 04:51:35 PM »

My '15 SR connects automatically when I'm close to the bike and it is charging (or on for riding). When it's off it does not connect.

Being an internet appliance with a SIM card for GSM and WiFi would be nice for remote checking and control, locating...

Mrwilsn said his connected before he turned it on. My Bluetooth icon is blinking while off and charging. Would be nice to check the status from the living room. Maybe tie it into the home automation system. Come on Zero, give us a hook into IFTTT.

'15 Zero SR

Straightedg4lif

• View Profile
« Reply #304 on: November 03, 2016, 04:58:04 PM »

Another thing:  Whatever happened to those "Color Kits" I read about at the beginning of the year?  It was supposed to be the ability to order additional body panels in whatever color you wanted to change up the look of your bike.  I never saw anything more about that.

Yes, I would be interested in this as well. Also is the 2016 S only available in yellow? I didn't see the black model anywhere. I personally would like to get a 2017 black SR!
2013 Kawasaki Ninja 250R (Sold)
2015 Roma Hornet (Sold)
2009 Aprilia Mana (Sold)
1983 GS450A Suzukimatic (Sold)
2016 Dong Fang 200SST (Sold)
2017 Super Soco TS1200R (Current Bike)

mrwilsn

• 2014 Zero S / 2017 Zero SR
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: November 03, 2016, 05:04:26 PM »

If the bike is OFF but the bike is plugged in.  Doesn't have to be charging, just plugged in.  My bike would connect in this same scenario previously but it was inconsistent.  I have tried it several times with the latest App update and it seems much improved.
2014 Zero S

ericramos1990

• View Profile
« Reply #306 on: November 03, 2016, 06:54:51 PM »

I personally would like to get a 2017 black SR!

Yeah me too!!

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #307 on: November 03, 2016, 09:02:17 PM »

No black for me.  I like yellow, or better yet, lime green.   ;D
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

JaimeC

• View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #308 on: November 03, 2016, 09:05:20 PM »

I prefer red myself.  Just didn't want to have to spend another $3,000 to get the SR version just for the red color.  ;)

But having the ability to order "Color Kits" would just be COOL.  Even if it was just limited to the colors they currently offer for their existing models.  Selling a "cheaper" version in primer would also work; you could take the pieces to your local body shop and get them whatever color you wanted!
1999 BMW K1200LT
2019 Yamaha XMAX
2021 Zero SR

Straightedg4lif

• View Profile
« Reply #309 on: November 03, 2016, 09:46:48 PM »

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the S and the SR plastics the same overall? Can't you just get the black plastics from the S and have them put onto the SR? Not sure if the 2017's are going to be any different but that is what I would like to get done.
Is that something Zero would do for someone, or would I have to buy the plastics extra and have someone else install them? I'd rather just get it done from them of course, but not sure if they do that.
5 months and counting......
2015 Roma Hornet (Sold)
2009 Aprilia Mana (Sold)

Shadow

• Global Moderator
  • 130,000mi electric since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: November 03, 2016, 10:55:17 PM »

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the S and the SR plastics the same overall? Can't you just get the black plastics from the S and have them put onto the SR? Not sure if the 2017's are going to be any different but that is what I would like to get done.
Is that something Zero would do for someone, or would I have to buy the plastics extra and have someone else install them? I'd rather just get it done from them of course, but not sure if they do that.
You can remove the plastics easily with less than $50 in tools, it is a one-beer operation detailed at Unofficial Service Manual: Tank Plastics.

Tools I recommend are the Chapman Mfg 1916 mini tool kit ($38) for all the metric Allen bolts (7mm bit sold separately), a 3/8" drive Torx-45 socket bit, and a 1/4"F-3/8"M socket drive adapter since the chapman kit includes a 1/4" drive bit. You ought to have a quality torque wrench for regular maintenance i.e.  Precision Instruments C2FR50F 3/8" drive torque wrench ($127) for putting  the seat bolts back on.

If you want used black DSR tank-bag plastics I'll sell you mine for cheap just so they don't go to waste.  I paid about $150 for DSR power-tank plastics that I have here and will install soon.

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #311 on: November 04, 2016, 01:07:59 AM »

It looks like a slight face lift for the app too....at least on the Android side of the house.  Mainly, I notice some yellow highlighting at the bottom for the screen selected and a change to the battery page so that you don't have to toggle tabs in order to see all the battery info....now you can just scroll and for my Nexus 6P that means I can see everything about the battery on one screen except for the number of charge cycles which I don't really pay attention to.

The iOS app updated with the same visual results; I'm very glad to see all the battery status in one screenful, although I'd be even happier to get a data log of some kind instead of having to take screenshots. Connecting feels a little faster but the process of connecting has bumps, requiring me to leave the app for the system settings, connect there, and then switch back. Hopefully that's just a one time setup cost after the update.

(old complaint) The iOS app has the same popup dialog that Android has, but Bluetooth doesn't work the same so it always feels wrong and the settings button doesn't do anything. As someone who's developed software user interfaces for a very long time on the web and mobile, I'd really recommend just never using a modal dialog at all, and instead offering an ignorable inline/overlay bar with the same effect.

What's really strange is that I can't activate the riding screen after experiencing a glitch as follows:
  • The riding screen activated the first time automatically while I was still in portrait orientation (and I wish the riding screen would support both portrait and explicitly exiting within the app instead of using the motorcycle kill switch).
  • I rotated to landscape orientation to see the screen.
  • I left the riding screen to customize the instruments (since those preferences apparently reset during the upgrade).
  • I then tried to return to the riding screen.
  • Now the riding screen won't activate automatically or manually, or in demo mode.
I assume this is a minor bug to fix, and hopefully this is a reasonable report for someone with Zero.

I'm definitely glad to see end user firmware update support, even if neither of my bikes will benefit from it, apparently. (somewhat relatedly) During my only DSR service visit, I requested a firmware update, and was disappointed that they unexpectedly could not get the dealer software to recognize and connect to my bike, with no explicit error or message, so I haven't been able to update at all so far. The service team claimed that my bike is the first to get that result for them.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 01:11:06 AM by BrianTRice »
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

clay.leihy

• View Profile
« Reply #312 on: November 04, 2016, 01:22:27 AM »

When I bought my FX the dealer offered to do just that. They said that whatever model I bought, if I wanted to change color, they could get, at a reasonable price, whatever color bodywork was available that would fit and change it out for me.
Clay
DoD #2160,6

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #313 on: November 04, 2016, 01:27:50 AM »

When I bought my FX the dealer offered to do just that. They said that whatever model I bought, if I wanted to change color, they could get, at a reasonable price, whatever color bodywork was available that would fit and change it out for me.

Some dealers do not do this (mine didn't offer and I got distracted with loan paperwork and forgot to ask). Ask explicitly.

I wish my DSR were not entirely black - I have white SP plastics that I'd like to use but they are scratch-and-dent so they'd mess with the finished appearance. I tried applying vinyl but couldn't make it work.
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

Straightedg4lif

• View Profile
« Reply #314 on: November 04, 2016, 01:41:37 AM »

That's very good to know. I will have to check with my dealer and hopefully they will do the same. Did you end up changing the color?
2015 Roma Hornet (Sold)
2009 Aprilia Mana (Sold)
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 31