• October 07, 2024, 06:24:16 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 31

Author Topic: Zero 2017  (Read 46763 times)

Alan Stewart

• Electric Transportation Enthusiast
    • View Profile
Re: Zero 2017
« Reply #165 on: October 09, 2016, 11:08:20 PM »

Zero is not listed as an exhibitor on the AIMExpo 2016 website. They've been doing a LOT of web advertising this year. Maybe they're going that route for the announcement.
Alan
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR

Alan Stewart

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 09, 2016, 11:13:12 PM »

I hope they'll update the styling. I think the new Tork motorcycle from India is very nicely styled.

http://torkmotorcycles.com/
Alan
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 10, 2016, 02:28:50 AM »

I hope they'll update the styling. I think the new Tork motorcycle from India is very nicely styled.

I just followed the link and I don't think I've ever seen a progress bar just to load a web page. At first I thought it was a good idea, after all a lot of pages take longer than they should to load. After waiting for what seemed like at least a minute, I realised it was just to try and stop the user from giving up.

If their bikes have been developed like their website, then I've lost interest already.

Going back to Zero, I think the 2017 model year announcement will be very revealing. Not just in the sense of showcasing what Zero have managed to bring to market, but also what they have been able to invest in development. That will give us some idea of how strong the market is. 

There are some consistent themes when it comes to what people would like to see in the future. We also know that Zero listens - developments like the touring screen, for example. If Zero are still listening, I'm hopeful we'll continue to see the things we'd like becoming a reality. Maybe not this year, but when time, money and resources allow.

I'm really looking forward to the announcement despite the fact I have no intention to buy a 2017 model. If all goes well, my 2014 will continue it's good reliability record and I'll happily keep it when it goes out of warranty. Then I'll be laughing because I'll have an extremely low cost means of getting to work. :-)

The only problem with that plan is that the DSR and SR models will keep beckoning me... I want one of those!

Alan Stewart

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 10, 2016, 03:31:30 AM »

I was only referring to the styling of the Tork bike. The bike itself is only good for 60 mph and 60 miles, both non-starters. I like the more rounded look and the clear visual separation of the battery from the rest. To me the Zero S/SR doesn't look bad, but it does look kind of angular, has lots of obvious plastic and attempts to disguise the battery.

I'm probably buying a 2017 Zero SR, but of course that depends on what they and others announce in the next few months.
Alan
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR

clay.leihy

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 10, 2016, 05:42:33 AM »

I was only referring to the styling of the Tork bike. The bike itself is only good for 60 mph and 60 miles, both non-starters

And cheap (125000 rupees about 1700 usd). Those combined, could be just the thing for those considering the Grom or similar. First time riders, those wanting a small second bike for goofing around, local commuters who want something more than a 49cc scooter. Throw in the minimal maintenance and easy riding of electric. Motorcycle for the masses? If that were available to me I might have gone for it instead of the FX.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 05:44:10 AM by clay.leihy »
Clay
DoD #2160,6

kashography

• View Profile
    • e-motorrad.ch
« Reply #170 on: October 10, 2016, 06:31:44 PM »

the front looks okay, but the seat and back are aweful ;D just my taste ;)
but zero could make an better looking bike, or some nice aero-parts, i would buy them
  • 200km with one charge (was too easy)
  • 300km in a day
  • 400km in a day
  • 500km in a day (550+km)
  • 600km in a day
    driven in [5] out of 6 nearby countries

Francois

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 10, 2016, 07:23:54 PM »

hope a 10kwh battery for the fxs
hope a fxsR withe the same engine that on the SR
that will be fun
ABS diconnecteable to be able to do stoping and weeling :-)

Justin Andrews

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 10, 2016, 07:50:58 PM »

that will be fun

I doubt there will be a 2017 10kWh FXS.
That would require a 5kWh brick, which would lead to a 20kWh monolith.

However a 7.5kWh FXS might be possible if rumors about a 15kWh monolith are true.

I think we are a good few years away from a 5kWh brick though...
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 07:52:55 PM by Justin Andrews »
Zero 2015 SR (+PT);
Yamaha Diversion 900

clay.leihy

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 11, 2016, 01:03:30 AM »

that will be fun
You can disconnect the ABS. Per ride, it can be done on the console. Longer term, pull the fuse.

Clay
DoD #2160,6

Manzanita

• 2014 Zero S Woodland, California
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 11, 2016, 01:39:47 AM »

I was only referring to the styling of the Tork bike. The bike itself is only good for 60 mph and 60 miles, both non-starters

And cheap (125000 rupees about 1700 usd). Those combined, could be just the thing for those considering the Grom or similar. First time riders, those wanting a small second bike for goofing around, local commuters who want something more than a 49cc scooter. Throw in the minimal maintenance and easy riding of electric. Motorcycle for the masses? If that were available to me I might have gone for it instead of the FX.

Why are 60 mph and 60 mile range non-starters? Certainly for a $12k USD bike, but the average commute time of 25 minutes in the US puts this range within the range of the 'average' commuter. Now a bike with 20 HP could hit 70+ MPH, which I think would be needed to get on to the freeway safely, so this particular bike would be underpowered for the US (India has very few high speed highways from what I understand). The other thing that came to mind thinking about a grom-like concept bike was that less battery weight could put the center of gravity of the bike much lower in the frame (versus a Zero S), making the bike more nimble and feel even lighter. It would have awesome handling. 

pacificcricket

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 11, 2016, 04:15:12 AM »

Looks like it runs a 3.4kW battery at almost 300lb, I highly doubt it can do claimed 60 miles on a charge even in the city.

Alan Stewart

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 11, 2016, 04:28:31 AM »

Why are 60 mph and 60 mile range non-starters? Certainly for a $12k USD bike, but the average commute time of 25 minutes in the US puts this range within the range of the 'average' commuter. Now a bike with 20 HP could hit 70+ MPH, which I think would be needed to get on to the freeway safely, so this particular bike would be underpowered for the US (India has very few high speed highways from what I understand). The other thing that came to mind thinking about a grom-like concept bike was that less battery weight could put the center of gravity of the bike much lower in the frame (versus a Zero S), making the bike more nimble and feel even lighter. It would have awesome handling.

For me. I want to be able to ride for a couple hours on country roads at 55-65 mph.
Alan
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR

MajorMajor

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 11, 2016, 01:17:34 PM »

Looks like it runs a 3.4kW battery at almost 300lb, I highly doubt it can do claimed 60 miles on a charge even in the city.

Range specs from all manufacturers besides Zero (and possibly Tesla) are highly suspect.

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 11, 2016, 04:07:07 PM »

Any chance of another thread for the Tork discussion? I see updates to this and get overexcited thinking there's some Zero 2017 news.
Zero SR/F
Ducati Hypermotard 950

Justin Andrews

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 11, 2016, 07:38:30 PM »

Zero is not listed as an exhibitor on the AIMExpo 2016 website. They've been doing a LOT of web advertising this year. Maybe they're going that route for the announcement.

It may not be very up to date.
I note that H/D and Kawasaki are also not listed. Which would be notable exceptions...
Though I can't see Zero on the floor plan either...
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 07:42:26 PM by Justin Andrews »
Zero 2015 SR (+PT);
Yamaha Diversion 900
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 31