• October 04, 2024, 03:30:23 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Hello from a new Zero DSR 2016 Owner!  (Read 799 times)

ElectricZen

• View Profile
Hello from a new Zero DSR 2016 Owner!
« on: December 08, 2015, 11:19:02 AM »

Hello all!

I have been lurking these forums for a bit, reading and learning.  I have to say finding a community as large and as amazing as this was a huge help in taking the plunge buying my zero!
I live close to Victoria BC, Canada and already have had a great time enjoying some beautiful roads here.  I can't wait plan out some great trips with my DSR.

Furthermore, I should probably mention i'm completely off-grid with Solar Panels, etc.  It does prove to be a challenge to charge in the winter months, luckily I do have a backup generator which ironically I have only used a handful of times over the last 8 years or so.  Seems with my system I need to pull 60-65 amps DC to cover the charging requirements of my Zero from 50% to full.  I am happy to share what knowledge and experience I have.

Thanks to all of you for building this community!

Cheers!

kensiko

• View Profile
Re: Hello from a new Zero DSR 2016 Owner!
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2015, 07:31:51 PM »

You're off the grid in your house?
Zero S 11.4 2013
Tesla S60 2014 CPO base
Gone -> Nissan Leaf 2014 SV rented (transfer)
Gone -> Prius 2010 bought at 180000 km.

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2015, 09:43:30 PM »

Welcome ElectricZen.   :)
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

ElectricZen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2015, 06:23:03 AM »

You're off the grid in your house?

Yes :) 

« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 06:25:28 AM by ElectricZen »

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2015, 01:33:31 PM »

Welcome ElectricZen. Are you planning to take your DSR off-road?

Also, was the book 'Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance' the inspiration for your username? Although you might argue that there's little need to do maintenance on a Zero. You can always wash it I suppose! [emoji4]

ElectricZen

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2015, 06:38:35 AM »

Welcome ElectricZen. Are you planning to take your DSR off-road?

Also, was the book 'Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance' the inspiration for your username? Although you might argue that there's little need to do maintenance on a Zero. You can always wash it I suppose! [emoji4]
Absolutely!  I live a rural area, only a few roads are paved. I hit a few little trails here and the bike has performed perfectly.

Lol no, was more to do with the overwhelming sense of peace and the stupid grin that finds its way on to my face every time I ride.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2015, 01:01:40 PM »

It's great to have you join us EZ. There are quite a few folks here interested in off-grid living.

I spent a year at UBC and managed to hike the west coast trail while I was there. It's such a beautiful part of the world.

I'm glad you're enjoying the DSR. I would usually go for an S or SR if I could afford one. However, the police bikes they're flogging off are DS models. I might just get an opportunity to do a bit of green lane riding over here in the UK.
Pages: [1]