• October 04, 2024, 01:33:26 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: New Owner of a Zero DS  (Read 684 times)

JustPassinThru

• View Profile
New Owner of a Zero DS
« on: December 03, 2015, 11:57:12 AM »

I just found your board - and I'm loaded with stupid questions.

Sorry about that.

I'll start posting them in appropriate sections.

Don't have a photos to link to, yet.

I'm a thirty-year rider - more of a tourer than a pirate or a Power-Ranger.  I have had everything from a TU250 to a R1200GS and a CB1100.  Currently have a Wee-Strom and a TW200 - which I'm hoping the Zero can replace; the TW was my short-hop around-town ride.

NEW2elec

• View Profile
Re: New Owner of a Zero DS
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2015, 10:24:05 PM »

Welcome aboard.  What year is your DS?  As a midlife crisis motorcycle guy I'm interested in what long term ICE (gas bikes just in case your new to the term) riders think of the electric difference.
Love my 2013 DS and though you will want to hold on to the Strom for touring you'll find the unplug and go aspect can't be beat for around town rides.  There are some amazing guys here on the forum and this is the only product that has ever been enjoyable enough for me to go write about it.  Enjoy your new bike and post away.

JustPassinThru

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2015, 11:34:49 PM »

It's a 2012.

JUST after doing the deal, I found, HERE, how the pre-2013 models have limited/no support.  Like the gag cigar blowing up in someone's face...

Maybe it'll all work out.  I have lowered expectations; and until I DO have a failure, I can use it.  Interestingly...I am on several other riders' boards, and while there's been a lot of comment on the Zero, nobody had anything negative to say.

No members had bought.

I looked up on NADA, and they reported no significant numbers of used ones sold.  That gave me no price; and WHAT I THOUGHT was that owners were happy and not selling.  Guess it's that there's no real market for used ones.

W'uss done is done.  Hey...if Zero throws another buy-back program out there, I can get the money back on a newer, better-built model.

Chocula

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2015, 06:33:36 AM »

On the bright side, you purchased new so still have the warranty period.

raudy1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2015, 10:22:07 AM »

I really like my 2012 DS 9. You'll have a ton of fun on this bike and Zero honors their Warranty. Just ride and enjoy.

Ride On Gas Free [emoji41]

JustPassinThru

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2015, 11:04:26 PM »

I really like my 2012 DS 9. You'll have a ton of fun on this bike and Zero honors their Warranty. Just ride and enjoy.

Ride On Gas Free [emoji41]

I wasn't going to say anything...but now I'm piqued.

I was told there would be no warranty, since the machine was one year out of manufacture.  The REAL reason probably is, that the place selling it is not a Zero dealership.  Not anymore.

I do have the MSO to apply for a title with.  So it's proof-positive that I'm the first purchaser.

Anyone have any suggestion how to get this cleared up?  I don't think that a selling agent, authorized dealer or not, can arbitrarily abrogate warranty rights.

Ndm

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2015, 01:48:31 AM »

I'd try registering the bike with zero, it's on the website somewhere, I did and got a welcome email with info as to when my warranty expired
2013 zero S  ZF13.0 , 2017 chevy bolt, 2008 IGO Titan bike

evdjerome

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2015, 10:58:41 PM »

I emailed Zero a few weeks back to ask when the early adopter trade-in deal expired and the response was end of year. So you should still be able to get $8k trade in for a 2012 ZF9 or $6K for a ZF6.

Trade-in only applies toward buying a new 2014. There's still some new 2014 models to be had. Coleman Powersports of Virginia has some 2014 S 11.4 models for $11K.

It's a 2012.

JUST after doing the deal, I found, HERE, how the pre-2013 models have limited/no support.  Like the gag cigar blowing up in someone's face...

Maybe it'll all work out.  I have lowered expectations; and until I DO have a failure, I can use it.  Interestingly...I am on several other riders' boards, and while there's been a lot of comment on the Zero, nobody had anything negative to say.

No members had bought.

I looked up on NADA, and they reported no significant numbers of used ones sold.  That gave me no price; and WHAT I THOUGHT was that owners were happy and not selling.  Guess it's that there's no real market for used ones.

W'uss done is done.  Hey...if Zero throws another buy-back program out there, I can get the money back on a newer, better-built model.
2015 Zero DS 14.4 (originally 12.5)
2012 Zero DS 9 (sold)

Cortezdtv

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2015, 11:43:43 PM »

Hollywood electrics still had a few 14s they are trying to make a deal on.

Not sure if the trade in is still good but they are worth asking if anyone is!!!!
"I keep it real!"
Not endorsed by:
Zero motorcycles

07 Electricross
And a family of pre 14 Zero X's
Pages: [1]