• June 26, 2024, 06:33:30 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Victory Empulse  (Read 4718 times)

benswing

• 2016 Zero SR Cross Country Biker, www.Benswing.com
    • View Profile
    • Follow my electric motorcycle adventures on Facebook
Victory Empulse
« on: July 28, 2015, 07:26:37 PM »

Victory will introduce their 2016 lineup tonight at 8:30EST, but it looks like Hot Bike magazine accidentally published their report.  They announced the Victory Empulse TT with a 6 -speed gearbox. 

The link doesn't work any more, but the article was live yesterday. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
First to 48 states all electric!
 - Long Range Electric Biker - https://www.facebook.com/BenRidesElectric/
 - Video/photo/articles about 4 corners tour: http://www.benswing.com
 - Crossed the USA in 2013 on a 2012 Zero S with the Ride the Future Tour, see the movie at https://vimeo.com/169002549

Burton

• View Profile
Re: Victory Empulse
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2015, 07:54:18 PM »

Did some snooping to see what I could find. Images attached as well as text.

If these statements of top speed are true people might be qualifying their purchase based on if they will be riding on a track or commuting and or riding off road. You want a track bike, you go Empulse, you want an offroad / commuting / sporty road bike you go Zero.

I can't wait to see these things on a track and see what the Zero racers do to challenge them.

2016 Empulse TT from Victory Motorcycles

This is a street legal electric race motorcycle. Built on the same platform that set an American lap-speed record at the Isle of Man, it accelerates up to 100MPH+ and the battery fully charges in 3.5 hours. Where it matters most, the Empulse TT is fast. It is 10,400 watt hours of proof that Victory doesn?t just prove performance, we advance technology. The sport-tuned inverted front forks and adjustable suspension are engineered to provide track-level performance. It has the fastest battery charging speed, greatest lean-angle, and advanced regenerative braking system. Wherever the Empulse goes, it electrifies all audiences.

2015 ISLE OF MAN TT

Where there is no room for error, we proved performance. The Isle of Man TT is the fastest, twistiest, and gutsiest race on two wheels, the perfect location to introduce the world to our electric motorcycle. For 37 miles, we pushed a top speed of 144.34 MPH. We averaged 111.62 MPH. We set the record for an American electric bike, and it was our first attempt. We didn?t just prove that we belong; we stepped up on the podium, and proudly waved the flag of modern American muscle.

THE FASTEST CHARGING BATTERY ON THE MARKET

The Empulse?s battery fully recharges in 3.5 hours, and up to 80% in two hours. With a battery capacity of 10,400 watt hours, the Empulse TT can achieve up to 140 miles of range per charge. Advanced regenerative braking returns power to the battery every time you let off the throttle, and all this battery technology comes with a 5-year warranty. No matter how you measure it, this is the best performing electric motorcycle battery on the road.

100+ MPH TOP SPEED.SHORTEST STOPPING DISTANCE. GREATEST LEAN ANGLE. RIDER-SELECTABLE SPORT MODE.

You can take the motorcycle off the racetrack, but you can?t take the race out of this motorcycle. The innovative drive train is designed specifically to maximize power delivery and speed, while the dual Radial Mount Brembo brakes bring all that power to a quick stop. The high performance adjustable rear suspension and sport tuned inverted front forks let the rider attack every corner, so no matter where the road turns, you can drag a knee. ??

Specifications
2016 Victory Empulse TT
MSRP: Starting at $19,999 USD
Engine
Type Internal Permanent Magnet AC Induction
Peak Motor Power 54 hp
PEAK TORQUE 61 ft-lbs
TRANSMISSION 6-speed gearbox with multi-plate, hydraulic activated wet clutch
BATTERY Brammo Power Lithium Ion
CHARGE TIME 2.0 hrs (Level I / 20 to 80% SOC) 3.5 hrs (Level II / 0 to 100% SOC) 8.0 hrs (Level I / 0 to 100% SOC)
EMISSIONS None
MAX SPEED 100+ mph / 161 km/h
DRY WEIGHT 460 lbs / 213 kg

« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 07:58:47 PM by Burton »
All content I have created here http://bit.ly/1NX4KP9

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2015, 07:59:32 PM »

The new Victory Empulse sounds and looks kind of familiar.  I expected a little more from Victory than "badge engineering".  But this approach should be good for current Brammo Empulse owners who were worried about long-term parts and service support.

And what ever happened to the "Victory Charger"?   ???
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 08:01:51 PM by Richard230 »
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Doug S

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2015, 08:30:59 PM »

I expected a little more from Victory than "badge engineering".

It's their first year, they haven't even had any time to do any engineering work on it yet. I expect a fair number of changes in the next few years, building on the solid base Brammo's created.
There's no better alarm clock than sunlight on asphalt.

roma258

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2015, 01:20:47 AM »

I expected a little more from Victory than "badge engineering".

It's their first year, they haven't even had any time to do any engineering work on it yet. I expect a fair number of changes in the next few years, building on the solid base Brammo's created.
This exactly. Plus moar parts for current Brammo owners, yay!!

frodus

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2015, 08:12:26 AM »

Plus, did you see their ev atv they launched at the same time?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Travis

Ranga

• 2015 Zero FX 5.7
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2015, 08:42:18 AM »

Well here it is, the first production electric motorcycle from an established manufacturer. It's an exact duplicate as the Empulse R, save for a slightly better battery and about 10 more miles of advertised range (not mentioned in their website, but in other articles).  I suspected they would have to leave it very much unchanged if they were to keep their word on releasing it by the end of the year. 

That said, I'm a little disappointed they kept the same headlight.  I understand the plight of startups like Zero and Brammo having to use off the shelf parts, but I expected more from Victory.

Also, it's embarrassing that Brammo actually reposted the premature article, then deleted it and had the website take it down.  Their marketing used to be their strongest asset.

Anyways, this is the moment Zero has been prepping for since their inception.  An SR with similar range and performance has the victory beat by $4000, but Victory has a much wider dealer network and better customer service, and will produce as many, if not more bikes.  2016 will be interesting.

http://www.victorymotorcycles.com/en-us/electric/empulse-tt-titanium-silver-havasu-red/specs
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 09:36:11 PM by Ranga »
2015 Zero FX

firepower

• Hanoi, Vietnam
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2015, 03:27:11 PM »

I just hope they bring it to Australia, Zero needs more competition in the market to make pricing equal to global pricing. Good to see Empulse return.

Justin Andrews

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2015, 03:57:53 PM »

Really good to see the Empulse return, hopefully it will find a good home with Victory.
Zero 2015 SR (+PT);
Yamaha Diversion 900

Ranga

• 2015 Zero FX 5.7
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2015, 10:38:10 PM »

I completely forgot about the Europe ABS requirement next year. The Empulse still doesn't have it, and Europe has represented more or less 50% of the sales for Zero and Brammo.  I wonder if Victory will try to use a technicality like classifying it as <125cc or using their limited production as a reason to be exempt from this.
2015 Zero FX

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2015, 04:14:08 AM »

Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

benswing

• 2016 Zero SR Cross Country Biker, www.Benswing.com
    • View Profile
    • Follow my electric motorcycle adventures on Facebook
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2015, 12:30:29 PM »

Should spellcheck that first sentence...

Looks like Polaris made an accusation of Brammo.  I thought they would get along better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
First to 48 states all electric!
 - Long Range Electric Biker - https://www.facebook.com/BenRidesElectric/
 - Video/photo/articles about 4 corners tour: http://www.benswing.com
 - Crossed the USA in 2013 on a 2012 Zero S with the Ride the Future Tour, see the movie at https://vimeo.com/169002549

Justin Andrews

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2015, 12:33:54 PM »

That's just... sloppy.
Young journalists these days.  ::)
Zero 2015 SR (+PT);
Yamaha Diversion 900

teddillard

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2015, 05:31:20 PM »

In the words of a good friend of mine, "fucking smellcheck".

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2015, 08:33:01 PM »

I think Motorcycle.com has published the best review of the Victory Empulse so far: 

http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/victory/2016-victory-empulse-tt-first-ride-review.html
Pages: [1] 2 3 4