• September 28, 2024, 11:25:48 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Jeremy Clarkston gets the boot  (Read 663 times)

Richard230

• View Profile
Jeremy Clarkston gets the boot
« on: March 12, 2015, 03:49:32 AM »

At least for now.  Today I heard on the radio that everyone's favorite EV hater, Jeremy Clarkson, was recently suspended by the BBC for trying to punch-out his producer.  The report said that he already has had half a million emails of support.  My guess is that the BBC will can the producer and hire Jeremy back in a couple of weeks - as soon as the big-money guys at the BBC see which way the wind blows and the scales tip.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

CrashCash

• Denizen of Doom since '88
    • View Profile
Re: Jeremy Clarkston gets the boot
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2015, 04:03:46 AM »

"Those wacky Brits!"

"Yeah, I hear one tried to whack the other one!"

I think this is kind of a power struggle here. On one hand, the BBC wants to be large & in charge, and on the other, JC is indeed a bit big for his britches.

However, I did hear there was no punches. What supposedly happened was a 10-hour shoot where they worked through lunch with the promise of a nice dinner... then they ended annnnddd... no dinner... so JC did indeed blow his top.

All "he said, she said" at the moment. I'm surprised the BBC is playing it so vague. I do hear there are lawyers involved on the producer's side already.
'07 FJR-1300 & '15 Zero SR
Pages: [1]