• September 30, 2024, 03:31:49 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Tapatalk  (Read 1813 times)

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
Tapatalk
« on: December 24, 2014, 02:15:53 PM »

I was wondering how many of you use tapatalk to access this forum? I've been trying to get my local motorcycle club (www.HBAM.org.uk) to use it for months.

If it wasn't for tapatalk I wouldn't be able to keep up and contribute to this forum very much at all. It's those little opportunities I get in the day when I have a few moments to myself and my phone is at hand that make all the difference. I'm not just talking about when I'm sat on the bog either! [emoji6]

I've heard security exposed as a concern, but that clearly doesn't bother any of the thousands of other Tapatalk enabled forums.

Please post a quick reply so I can gather feedback which I can use as ammunition to persuade HBAM's WebAdmin that it would be worthwhile.

For those of you that don't use tapatalk yet, I urge you to give it a try. I also find Swype to be a really nice way of entering text. You can enable it on Android devices and there's an app available for iOS which I use.

kensiko

• View Profile
Re: Tapatalk
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2014, 07:33:14 PM »

I use it half of the visits.
Zero S 11.4 2013
Tesla S60 2014 CPO base
Gone -> Nissan Leaf 2014 SV rented (transfer)
Gone -> Prius 2010 bought at 180000 km.

benswing

• 2016 Zero SR Cross Country Biker, www.Benswing.com
    • View Profile
    • Follow my electric motorcycle adventures on Facebook
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2014, 07:34:41 PM »

I'm using to Tapatalk right now.  Most of my posts are from my computer, but it is very useful to be able to check which discussions are active using my phone.  I use it regularly.
First to 48 states all electric!
 - Long Range Electric Biker - https://www.facebook.com/BenRidesElectric/
 - Video/photo/articles about 4 corners tour: http://www.benswing.com
 - Crossed the USA in 2013 on a 2012 Zero S with the Ride the Future Tour, see the movie at https://vimeo.com/169002549

mikeisted

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2014, 08:01:24 PM »

I use it everyday from my android tablet, like now...

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2014, 10:27:34 PM »

I have no idea what taptalk is.   ???  I type on a desktop keyboard and use a Mickey Mouse phone to tell robocallers not to call me again.   ::)
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2014, 12:48:44 AM »

I use it from my iPad (which has a keyboard). While it is not ideal, it is easier on my brain than the forum's web UI. I've also made a Stylish plugin that makes the forum visually more legible (higher contrast, black on white).
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

kingcharles

• 1st Empulse E1 owner in NL
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2014, 01:01:50 AM »

90% of my visits to this and other forums is via Tapatalk

And what is a "computer" @benswing? 😀
Once you go EV, gas is history!

CliC

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2014, 12:29:07 PM »

I use Tapatalk when on my phone, but if a computer is handy, or I want to type a long response, I use it and the web UI. Tapatalk for Android didn't always work flawlessly on this forum, but it's pretty good lately. It also doesn't tell me what discussion section I'm reading in by default, but I haven't researched turning that on.
Bikes: 2012 Zero DS ZF9, 2000 Harley Road King (sold), 1985 Suzuki GN400 (sold)
Ride log

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2014, 06:35:40 PM »

Thanks folks. Do you have a smartphone Richard?

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2014, 09:01:04 PM »

Thanks folks. Do you have a smartphone Richard?

I have a hand-me-down smart phone, but I don't get a cell phone signal at my home, so I only use it for the Zero app.  Since I got the phone for free, I don't expect it to do much else.   ;)
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

jheth

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2014, 10:14:50 PM »

Using Tapatalk on the bog right now [emoji13]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2014, 03:26:17 AM »

It sounds like phones will be the death of comics and car magazines in the smallest room.

Richard, I think you should be an honorary member of HBAM by the sound of it. Although in many ways you're streets ahead. They'll certainly all have an opinion if I rock up on a zero one day!

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2014, 04:28:20 AM »

It sounds like phones will be the death of comics and car magazines in the smallest room.

Richard, I think you should be an honorary member of HBAM by the sound of it. Although in many ways you're streets ahead. They'll certainly all have an opinion if I rock up on a zero one day!

I am the type of person that just wants technology to work without having to know how to make it work.  My brain can only hold so many rules and instructions and then I start forgetting stuff.  I am big on concepts but don't deal well with details.  All I want is for my Zero to run when I turn the throttle and stop when I hit the brakes.  I dread the day when it stops running and won't start with a good swift kick to the battery or controller.  Just give me stuff that works and can solve its own problems.  If I wanted to build and diagnose problems in my electric motorcycle, I would spend more time on elmoto.   ;)

CrashCash

• Denizen of Doom since '88
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2014, 05:08:01 AM »

I get the digital versions of a lot of my magazines but they're pretty useless on my tiny Moto G... but they help when I get really bored in restaurants before my food shows up.

I'm just the opposite of Richard... before my SR even gets here, I'm all NEAT HOW DOES THIS WORK??? HOW DO I TAKE IT APART?? and I spend literally 12 hours a day coding.

For example, I made my phone tell my Raspberry Pi open my garage door when I get home.
https://sites.google.com/site/genecash/garage-door-raspberry-pi
'07 FJR-1300 & '15 Zero SR

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2014, 07:53:36 AM »

I get the digital versions of a lot of my magazines but they're pretty useless on my tiny Moto G... but they help when I get really bored in restaurants before my food shows up.

I'm just the opposite of Richard... before my SR even gets here, I'm all NEAT HOW DOES THIS WORK??? HOW DO I TAKE IT APART?? and I spend literally 12 hours a day coding.

For example, I made my phone tell my Raspberry Pi open my garage door when I get home.
https://sites.google.com/site/genecash/garage-door-raspberry-pi

I take it you didn't see the joke video where the rider rides up to his garage, calls his pretty young wife on the cell phone and she comes out of the house to open up the garage door for his highness. It was called something like "my favorite garage door opener".   ;D
Pages: [1] 2