• September 24, 2024, 04:17:12 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Moving to Portland Oregon Area  (Read 760 times)

WindRider

• View Profile
Moving to Portland Oregon Area
« on: August 17, 2014, 02:37:00 PM »

Hello All,

I am moving soon to Portland, Oregon from Boise, Idaho.   I am now working in Germany but will arrive in Oregon in September.   

I will miss some of Idaho's great riding trails and my Zero dealer, Big Twin BMW/Zero.  If anyone here is out on the road on their BMWs and you pass through Boise, stop by at BigTwin.   Great people there and they know Zeros as well. 

One of the great things about moving to Portland is all of those public charging stations on the Plugshare map!   Wow, almost nothing in Idaho and they are everywhere near Portland.

For next season I will need to experiment with some fast charging options for the FX to take advantage of the public charging infrastructure. 

Anyone here who would like to meet up for an e ride in the Portland area in September please reply or PM me. 
2008 Yamaha WR250R 
Past E Bikes:  2010 Zero XU, 2012 Zero DS9, 2013 FX5.7

frodus

• View Profile
Re: Moving to Portland Oregon Area
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 09:56:27 PM »

I'll make sure to give you a warm welcome when you get here. I could use another riding buddy, bonus since you're electric.

Sage travels! See you in September
Travis

WindRider

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2014, 11:48:57 PM »

Hey Frodus,

Thanks for the post.   

Looking forward to meeting you and seeing a Brammo Empulse!  I have not seen a Brammo Empulse in the wild yet. 
2008 Yamaha WR250R 

evdjerome

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 12:47:06 AM »

Have fun exploring Portland on your FX. I imagine you'll have more riding days in a year than you did in Idaho, though trails may be harder to come by.
2015 Zero DS 14.4 (originally 12.5)
2012 Zero DS 9 (sold)

frodus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2014, 09:30:09 PM »

There are some nice areas around we can go. I can take you to meet my buddy Bob Simpson... Of evdrive.com who has a crf250 electric. I know a lot of EV guys here that I've met through the OEVA.
Travis

WindRider

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2014, 10:27:29 PM »

Have fun exploring Portland on your FX. I imagine you'll have more riding days in a year than you did in Idaho, though trails may be harder to come by.

Thanks evdjerome,

There will be less snow for sure but there is that pesky rainy season.   

I have not had any time yet to scout out trail riding opportunities that are close but I did find some great little twisty 2 lane roads right out the back door.   
2008 Yamaha WR250R 

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2014, 01:40:38 AM »

PDX has a ton of in-town twisties. Do look for the Alley Sweepers rally in the spring (lots of mud) by the Sang Froid Riding Club.

You can get up to Mt. Hood pretty quickly or go out to Highway 6 or 26, but maybe the FX would need a truck/trailering to get out there.

Also, the ADVRiders meet at a pub every Thursday (well, I hope they still do; I moved back to Seattle from Portland three years ago), and they know all the good roads.
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

WindRider

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2014, 02:17:59 AM »

Frodus, a CRF250 based electric sounds like something interesting to behold. 

Brian T, I will have to find the ADV pub hangout and I always have my WR 250 for things that are beyond FX range. 

Thanks everyone who replied.  Looking forward to finishing up here in Germany now and getting back Stateside where my bikes and family are. 
2008 Yamaha WR250R 
Pages: [1]