• September 23, 2024, 04:33:55 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: What would a proper Zero v Brammo comparison consist of?  (Read 477 times)

jazclrint

• View Profile
What would a proper Zero v Brammo comparison consist of?
« on: July 01, 2014, 03:25:50 AM »

Hello everyone, it's been too long I know. And yes I will still post that podcast. Life got int he way big time.

I had posted this over on other forums, and would like y'all's opinion as well. So I was day dreaming the other day, as usual, about someone doing a proper Empulse vs S/SR comparison.

I'd like 0-60 times, 1/4 mile times, track times, and a street review just like the mags do for everyone else. I'd also like a few of the different versions of these bikes in the test. Such as the Empulse and Empulse R, as well as both the S and SR. However Zero makes it harder with the booster pack option. As it seems to allow more power but adds not insignificant weight up high.

What are your thoughts, and wants?

frodus

• View Profile
Re: What would a proper Zero v Brammo comparison consist of?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 03:55:48 AM »

Both bikes on the same dyno, plain and simple!

Different riders, tracks, conditions all screw up results. Having them on the same dyno, run by the same person back to back is going to be the best determination of differences between the two bikes.
Travis

nigezero

• View Profile
Re: What would a proper Zero v Brammo comparison consist of?
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 04:26:22 AM »

Put data loggers on them and give them to real people for 2 weeks. Maybe even regular bike owners. Log power, range, gradient, throttle position and recharging. Compare to dump AND discharge tests
Pages: [1]