• September 29, 2024, 12:29:28 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Kick Gas Movie  (Read 3531 times)

NoiseBoy

• View Profile
Re: Kick Gas Movie
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2014, 03:36:30 PM »

To clarify my original post. My argument wasn't that I didnt want to pay $10, obviously I can afford it.  My point is that this whole project was designed to 'spread the word' about EV's and the trip itself most certainly did that.  However I think charging for the video is a poor model. Primarily because the only people that will pay for it are current EV users and/or supporters of the project, preaching to the converted.

Im sure it was expensive and it would have been better to seek funding before hand to cover production costs.  In Europe there are organisations that would queue up to fund an art project like this so I assume its the same over the pond.  Its obviously more difficult in retrospect but a donation system and paid advertising on the movie would probably make more money than the pay-to-view model.  Few people will pay in advance but many people would watch a video and then donate to the cause.

Benswing, Have you approached Nissan to see if they would give you some marketing support if not hard cash?  In my experience companies are usually more likely to give you manpower than money.

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2014, 03:43:44 PM »

Hey guys, no personal attacks.

hmm, I'm supposed to be working but now I'm watching Kick Gas. :D It's great so far Benswing!

benswing

• 2016 Zero SR Cross Country Biker, www.Benswing.com
    • View Profile
    • Follow my electric motorcycle adventures on Facebook
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2014, 06:31:15 PM »

skadamo, thanks for watching!   ;D

Im sure it was expensive and it would have been better to seek funding before hand to cover production costs. 

Benswing, Have you approached Nissan to see if they would give you some marketing support if not hard cash?  In my experience companies are usually more likely to give you manpower than money.

We've explored all the funding options that we know of, including asking all the manufacturers of the vehicles and many others who might be interested, but we're just a bunch of folks who like EVs (without a grantwriter).  We're still open to donations from people who want to see the film entered into festivals (Cannes here we come?!?), but for now I just want to see our grassroots efforts spread the word.
First to 48 states all electric!
 - Long Range Electric Biker - https://www.facebook.com/BenRidesElectric/
 - Video/photo/articles about 4 corners tour: http://www.benswing.com
 - Crossed the USA in 2013 on a 2012 Zero S with the Ride the Future Tour, see the movie at https://vimeo.com/169002549

bigd

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2014, 09:28:38 PM »

"Attempting to insult me (and failing miserably) does very little to bruise my ego." Im not trying to insult you. I am just pointing out that you have a reading comprehension problem. "Sorry to break it to you, but a peson cannot distribute copyrighted material to others (free or for sale), unless they were the creator of such material or have permission from the creator." You are correct here, however, you neglected to say that the creator can sell the copyright and the one who BUYs it can do as they wish. That is why I said to buy "1. obtain in exchange for payment. "we had to find some money to buy a house". synonyms: purchase, acquire, obtain, get, pick up;take, procure, pay for; "they bought a new house" antonyms: sell •pay someone to give up an ownership, interest, or share.•be a means of obtaining (something) through exchange or payment. •make a profession of purchasing goods for a store or firm. noun: buy; plural noun: buys 1. a purchase."the wine is a good buy at $3.49" synonyms: purchase, investment, acquisition, gain; More" Google.com. Now show me where I said to pirate it and I will be the 1st to apologize. "At this point, you should just edit your post, apologize to benswing and the other producers of the movie and move on. Arguing does very little to tilt this discussion in your favor." As you cannot seem to comprehend, I did tell Bio sorry for the confusion , again I have no problem admitting I could have stated it differently and maybe you would have got it. However, when you call someone a prick, you make it personal. I have no reason to attempt to pacify someone who hides behind a keyboard calling names. However, I will say to Noiseboy, biolife, oobflyer  I am sorry for whatever part I played in the confusion.
Honda 1300VTX

biolife

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2014, 10:12:34 PM »

@bigd - I think I understand you now - you just meant buy the copyright to the movie from the producers so that the ownership of the movie/copyright actually changes hands. Then, as the new owner of the film, upload it so that others can view it for free. Does that sound about right?

bigd

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2014, 10:35:57 PM »

Bio--- yes sir
Honda 1300VTX

bigd

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2014, 11:40:23 PM »

"You have a writing problem." Well we are in trouble then. I cant write and you cant read LOLOLOL. "Buying the copyright actually falls within "or have permission from the creator"" Well, you did not get that the 1st time so was not sure you understood it. "The mistake you made, was when the context changed to purchasing the rights to the movie, you did not let anyone else know that was your intention." If you go back and read (slowly) you will notice that no one said anything about buying. There was a reference to viewing it, watching it, etc. but I was the one who brought up buying it. Your mistake was that you took one segment and made a inference without reading ( or comprehending) the full context. As you notice Bio said "Just downloaded and watched" Now I did not make the assumption that he hacked the site and downloaded it, I inferred he paid for it for I have no reason to think he is not a honorable person. . " It would do you good in the future to fully explain your stance earlier on in the discussion." It would do you good to ask for clarification when you do not understand what you have read rather than call someone a prick. "I'll gladly pay you $10 to go watch the movie," No thank you but you can donate the money to the Oklahoma fund that Ben spoke of.
Honda 1300VTX

bigd

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2014, 01:06:42 AM »

"Why would you take offence?" because you said "The issue is that you (that is directed at me) told someone they should buy it, then post online for free so you can freeload" and said "To even suggest that someone should rip it and put it online for others to watch is a prick move (Directed to me)" At that time you assumes I was saying to pirate it. And then you called me that . Period. No manner it could be miss understood. Again, it is called reading comprehension. You take all that was said and apply it. Now I have no problem with someone telling me I was not precise enough, clear, whatever you wish to say, but when you attack me and call me a prick then we are at a different level. I have not called you any names and as you see Bio asked a few questions as to my meaning and I think I was civil to him. But please do not try to insult me that you were not directing that to me.
Honda 1300VTX

kensiko

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2014, 01:17:51 AM »

I don't have time to watch it but I'll buy it for supporting the community.
Zero S 11.4 2013
Tesla S60 2014 CPO base
Gone -> Nissan Leaf 2014 SV rented (transfer)
Gone -> Prius 2010 bought at 180000 km.

bigd

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2014, 01:55:49 AM »

No, actually, your 1st post in this thread was when you started with the vulgar names. Now I am wondering, is it just comprehension or also dyslexia. I can get you some help with those if you would like.
Honda 1300VTX

bigd

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2014, 03:22:06 AM »

"Maybe I was just speaking in general" It is called contextual clues and it is made from when you said you. Just because you do not have enough manhood to address someone directly does not mean that it is not easy to notice to whom it is directed.
Honda 1300VTX

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2014, 07:42:55 AM »

Guys, I have been in this type of convo on forums enough to know that no one will win this type of discussion.

Travis, probably a good call to delete the posts. Bigd let it die please.

bigd

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2014, 08:26:30 AM »

@skadamo since you said please and are polite it is over. See how easy it is if you are civil.
Honda 1300VTX

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2014, 08:36:23 AM »

I don't care much for your final jab... but thanks.

bigd

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2014, 09:40:41 AM »

How is that a "jab" ? I thought I was stating a fact. If you would have been rude, I would have come back with something unpleasant. Since you were nice and polite I am letting it go. Hence - see how easy it is when you are civil. And no, not trying to get into a battle with you at all, just making sure I am clear on here for everyone's benefit.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 09:56:35 AM by bigd »
Honda 1300VTX
Pages: 1 [2] 3