• October 24, 2024, 08:30:42 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Video of new battery from Neal Saiki of NTS Works  (Read 1415 times)

Neal_Saiki

• View Profile
Video of new battery from Neal Saiki of NTS Works
« on: July 18, 2012, 08:23:18 PM »

Here is a little video discussion of my new EV battery tecnology.

Neal Saiki
CEO NTS Works

protomech

• View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
Re: Video of new battery from Neal Saiki of NTS Works
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 08:23:02 PM »

Hi Neal,

This may be a bit early, but do you have any thoughts about selling the modules and cells directly to end users in perhaps a couple of standard form factors? I know a lot of people would be interested in retrofitting older electric bikes as the batteries start to fail, or even preemptively as denser 18650s become available. Is it possible to configure the battery module for a particular target voltage - for example replacing a 14 series or 18 series battery?

Zero and Brammo currently marginally price their larger battery packs at $1000/kWh. (Zero ZF6 to ZF9 is $960/kWh, Enertia to Enertia+ is $940/kWh). Tesla marginally prices their larger battery packs at $400-500/kWh. (40 to 60 kWh is $10000, 60 to 85 kWh is $10000). Are you targeting pricing closer to Tesla than to Brammo/Zero?

Does the electricross use the same battery as the 2008-2010 Zero X bikes?
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

Spires

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 03:53:22 PM »

I would buy a battery fit for my 2011 Zero DS.. I'd buy it right now if it gave me better range than my 4kw now gives me... Sign me up, where can I pay for one? 8)

hungff77

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2012, 03:44:13 AM »

This is great news. I hope it get to a production process that many end user can get a hand on this battery for their ev. I would love to get one for my 2011XU, to increase its range. I would upgrade it in a heartbeat.

I am imagining just a battery upgrade for my zero and then (maybe) a software update for the controller/BMS if needed, and then result in increase range with the same performance....how cool that will be!!
Pages: [1]