• October 26, 2024, 06:23:16 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Hi! wanna be newbie!  (Read 817 times)

forgitaboutut

• View Profile
Hi! wanna be newbie!
« on: February 05, 2012, 09:13:30 PM »

Hello! My name is Rich,and thinking about a 9S ...but looks like it is just out range! After a little reading,I am wondering if a windshield will give me just enough range to get to work!
I have A 47 mile commute (one way)
After seeing Zero's website,I was very excited,then quickly shot down as I realized they lied about actual range... >:(
it's 65mph 1/2 way to work, then 55...
So if I stay off the hwy,I could get by on 45mph...but either way,looks like it is too close
and if the battery loses it's range ability after say...50 - 100 charges...then I'm really screwed!!
I'm SICK of paying $250+ a month just to ride to work!
If the 2012 model doesn't cut it..it shouldn't be too much longer before battery tech. reaches my range!
any suggestions or thoughts?...

CliC

• View Profile
Re: Hi! wanna be newbie!
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 12:57:31 AM »

Can you charge at work? If not, then Zeros are not an option.

My DS manual says the range is 63 miles at sustained 70 mph, which should get you one way. The estimated pack lifetime to 80% capacity from that same manual is about 300k miles, with the proviso "city", which I presume means a lot of small top-off charges rather than full ones. You would want to talk to Zero about a nearly-full charge twice a day.

All that said, I live about 50 miles from a major city which I frequent. I don't plan on riding my Zero there :)
Bikes: 2012 Zero DS ZF9, 2000 Harley Road King (sold), 1985 Suzuki GN400 (sold)
Ride log
Pages: [1]