• September 27, 2024, 08:19:35 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Land Moto District review  (Read 614 times)

Richard230

• View Profile
Land Moto District review
« on: August 28, 2024, 08:38:21 PM »

I hadn't heard of the Land Moto District before. Kind of an odd name. I do like its very basic design and it seems to be well built with decent off-the-shelf components. Pricing is comparable with other electric motorcycles of similar performance, although the claimed range seems to be exaggerated for the size of the battery pack. The fact that it is built (or at least assembled) in the U.S. is a plus. I am not sure that I would want to have to replace that rubber drive belt that powers the jack shaft. It doesn't look like an easy job.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2024, 08:50:45 PM by Richard230 »
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Specter

• View Profile
Re: Land Moto District review
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2024, 04:36:23 AM »

110 mile range. umm. well.. maybe...

the bike is a lot lighter than a standard one, but I guarantee you it's not at 70 mph.  Maybe you can get that if you run 25 mph or so.

don't see it being street legal, except for maybe small back roads.   Maybe i should say, don't see it being highway legal.

How heavy is that battery pack.  typically a 5 kw pack, that should be 130 lbs or so Id think.  Not quite tug and chug like they are showing.

aaron

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2024, 05:51:30 AM »

110 mile range. umm. well.. maybe...

the bike is a lot lighter than a standard one, but I guarantee you it's not at 70 mph.  Maybe you can get that if you run 25 mph or so.

don't see it being street legal, except for maybe small back roads.   Maybe i should say, don't see it being highway legal.

How heavy is that battery pack.  typically a 5 kw pack, that should be 130 lbs or so Id think.  Not quite tug and chug like they are showing.

aaron

The reviewer said that the largest battery pack weighs 72 pounds. I am pretty sure that I wouldn't be able to pull it vertically out of its case.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Nairb

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2024, 05:01:39 AM »

Munro Live did a video factory tour and mostly manufacturing related talk with them, released a couple days ago, so yes, appears to be almost completely manufactured in the US.  Once you spec it up with the large battery, on-board charger (L1 I'd guess at the add-in price), and a couple accessories it still ends up being nearly $10K USD, but ~30% less than the Can-Am origin which if I recall is heavier with less range.  Lower tech design, and less cost to manufacture I guess.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2024, 05:22:33 AM by Nairb »
Pages: [1]