• September 20, 2024, 12:43:53 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: P1027 error  (Read 1379 times)

Specter

• View Profile
P1027 error
« on: August 20, 2024, 08:19:15 PM »

Well this just sucks.
Have not been riding for a few months due to an injury.  Bike has been sitting in garage, being drooled on and cried upon.  Otherwise I'd be  using the parking assist once a week or so to run it out of the garage so I can work on stuff / roast coffee etc, or whatever, and run back in, and the charge has been kept up as well.

Today my doctor FINALLY cleared me to ride my bike again, so I go to hop on, turn it on, kick the stand up press the button and the fucker throws this error at me  Undefined Error, then a P1027 when I look in diagnostics.  It won't clear.  I figured ok, maybe I need to top off the charge, since sitting may have goofed the battery, nope it will charge for about 30 seconds then fault out again. 

This is just my luck.  If it was raining pussies out, Id get one with a dick broke off in it.

Hopefully I won't have to take it into the dealer to fix, but have a feeling Ill be going to orlando in my near future :(

Aaron

PWM

• View Profile
Re: P1027 error
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2024, 11:04:42 PM »

If MIL light is on, cycle the start-up GO sequency 4x to clear the fault which ususally is attributed to wake-up status discrepancy from start-up diagnostic but not really a hard fault condition to worry about...MIL stands for Malfunction Indicator Light and looks like an engine icon.  Not sure of exact code but had similar experience after a long storage interval...
« Last Edit: August 20, 2024, 11:10:55 PM by PWM »
BMW eK75 Conversion (Retired)
Energica EVA Ribelle (Black Frame Matters)

wadejesu

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2024, 11:28:29 PM »

We need more remote support for folks that are far from a dealer.

EvaMuc

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2024, 04:21:50 AM »

According to manual P1027 is "Precharge Sequence Failed - Precharge Contactor Open Circuit".
Found this: https://evchargingexplained.com/precharge-and-stuck-contactors-in-hv-system-comprehensive-overview/ on EV Precharging incl. details on stuck open contactors.
There seems to be an internal switch or relay stuck open which prevents that the high voltage system is activated, most probably also the reason why charging fails.
I'm not an EV or electronics engineer, but this sounds bad.

Have you tried a full reset? This seems to activate several relays inside the battery.
Maybe something just needs a mechanical kick to get going again after long period of rest?

Jens

PWM

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2024, 07:27:00 AM »

Nice find on fault code definition.

Makes sense if asserting pre-charge is done early and times-outs before BMS reports to VCU wake-up status thru Can bus...but why after a long sleep?

All the logic is in BMS for this fault condition and it should illuminate the MIL light until the 4th attempt to restart...if still there then it becomes a worry for sure.

Energica explained it to me once that it's a race at startup to gather status for the diagnostics to pass...huh?

Waiting to hear from OP for update...

FlyMig

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2024, 09:59:46 AM »

How do you do full reset on these bikes?  Haven't had to do that yet.  Thanks and good luck Aaron!

jotjotde

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2024, 03:22:37 PM »

Oh man, that is adding insult to injury.  :(
I hope you and your bike get well soon!

I trust that you tried to reset pressing MODE and SET buttons on the left hand control unit. Normally then the bikes begin to click several times (idk what exactly going on, sounds like relais engaging).

If this is a charge-relating error, you could try as a last resort removing the connector to the charge manager. (sits on top of the inverter, can be assessed by removing the left upper 'tank' fairing). My dealer had to do this when my Ribelle's software hung itself up after a failed DC charge attempt. Maybe worth a try.

Pard

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2024, 07:45:09 PM »

Indeed, very frustrating.  Email Chris, if you have not done so already.  You are certainly a VIP customer. 

Keep us posted!

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2024, 10:24:27 PM »

Ooh  im so fucking pissed.

I found the problem....

A god damned rat got into the garage, decided to make a nest up under the what would be fuel tank area on the bike and fucking chewed the wire harness in there.  I got most the wires taped up to cover the bare spots on the insulation and the wires that were chewed thru, I got spliced with jumpers.   Unfortunately it looks like this is just ONE BIG harness that goes all over the bike, so no plug and play to fix this one.  There is also a fluid hose that comes off the inverter I guess it is, that got chewed on as well.

The bike starts back up, and seemed to work in park mode to roll it back into the garage, but when I had it in drive mode it made a wierd grumbling mode, almost like single phasing.  I didn't see but hope that little cunt didn't chew thru a main power lead too.  IM balancing the bike out and will take it for a ride to see how it runs IF it runs.

I don't even want to think what that harness is going to cost, the labor alone on that whore is probably going to be a grand, not sure I could do it myself I mean it looks like it is just one major spider web harness for the entire bike up under the cowlings / fairings.

Looking around the garage, there's a nest somewhere else, it seems they chewed thru the rubber gasket under the big door and got in that way.  fuck this shit, im taking the bird for the night and dropping some chemicals, that'll kill anything in there that's alive.  come back the next day put the suit on and clean it up / out.  After that, its time to repurpose the 4160 kitty tickler and electrocute anything that steps within a foot either side of that door.  The problem with rats is, if you see 1 there are 20 more you don't see.  We'll take care of that.

Ill post back later and let you know if I got the bike running or if it's down for the count.  that rumbling didn't feel /sound too good. man this isn't good.

Aaron

Pard

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2024, 10:28:38 PM »

ouch!  good luck!

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2024, 10:46:23 PM »

yah it's fucked.

sounds like the thing is single phasing, you can even feel the vibration when you try to accelerate.  The accel is totally shitty too, something is not right, im going to have to tear into it more, see if something else is chewed that I missed or another chewed threw wire i missed.

surprised though that it didn't give some kind of fault on THIS condition though.

Aaron

PWM

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2024, 11:31:11 PM »

Dude...so sorry to hear this...

Make sure to turn off ABS and Traction control as means to determine if motor phase has truely dropped out...the traction drive should inhibit all running in such a case...

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2024, 11:48:20 PM »

single phasing is not quite the correct term for it.  the 'lag' is not long enough to be single phase or maybe im grasping at delusional straws because I don't want to come face to face with the facts of this situation here.  It's like a VFD is putting PWM control on it with a lot of dead time in each cycle, or you are  flat spotting the drive signal... anyways.  I found more damage I need to fix when I dug further into it.  There is a module that looks like some sort of motor control temperature based thing that seems to have some sort of resistance bias to it... me wonders if half eaten thru wire may mess with resistance on the thing and cause grief.

This harness, I unfortunately am correct, it's one HUGE spider web that basically goes to everything.  The damage seems centered around a communication connection... of all places.   The harness is going to cost 1300 bucks.  given the intricacy it's twisted thru everything, probably another 1300 in labor.  Im very tempted to file an insurance claim on this, I DO carry full coverage on the bike.  I just man I don't want this fucker sitting in a repair shop for a month.  god dammit.....

as usual it's 2 pm in Florida,  time for the daily summer thunderstorm, so my fixins are done for the time being.  Im going to try tomorrow to see if I can take apart the harness a bit and replace /repair just the individual wires that are damaged if it's possible, it's not like I can do much more damage at this point, the bike is not ridable.

Aaron

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2024, 07:32:24 AM »

Well this is just crazy.

So the bike is going to end up in the shop im afraid,  there is more shit wrong with it.

so I goto the website to get the dealers info to make an appointment.

Eurocycles of orlando is my dealer.

dealers website is gone, 
dealers facebook page is gone / private now

so I try eurocycles of Daytona, because it's the same people who own both of these business'

THEIR site is gone too !

Did eurocycles go out of business?

man, someone does NOT want me to ride my bike !!

Aaron

jotjotde

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2024, 11:14:31 AM »

Oh what a story. I am truly sorry to hear all of that!

So I guess you are not insured against this kind of damage. Here in our parts it is not uncommon that martens (cute but fierce smallish predators) nest in cars and other enclosures, biting cables and whatnot. So this is often included in our vehicle insurance. But that isn't helping you now - I wish you will manage somehow to repair the cabling. Hopefully your EGO was not chosen as ratfeed as well!

If you go against these f**kers with poisoned bait, choose one with delayed effect, otherwise the rats will recongnize that the bait is not good for them. I have a similar problem with mice since some years now, the trick is to surround the house with bait boxes and get them before they enter.
Pages: [1] 2