• September 21, 2024, 08:51:23 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: For sale: 2023 Energica Eva Ribelle RS, EsseEsse9+ RS  (Read 1258 times)

MichaelJ

• Can haz e-cruiser?
    • View Profile
For sale: 2023 Energica Eva Ribelle RS, EsseEsse9+ RS
« on: August 07, 2024, 04:54:59 AM »

Hello,

my wife and I love these bikes for their excellent range (~100mi @ 70mph), charging speed (CCS), and handling, but they're too tall and heavy for us.  We've each dropped them (at 0mph) at the end of a long ride.  Bikes have never been dropped at speed; they have no known functional damage to structure, battery, or electronics.  Both bikes ride like a dream, deliver promised range, and deliver promised L2 and CCS charging speeds.

Bought at ~$24k new each, asking ~$20k each or best offer.  Clear titles.

2023 Energica Eva Ribelle RS, Rosso Corsa
* Odo: 507mi
* 21.5 kWh battery
* Marzocchi front fork & Bitubo rear shock absorber
* Riser kit
* Windscreen kit
* Side bags and Energica rack kit, red
* Splash guard
* Rear stand bobbins
* Aftermarket parts:  CRG Arrow Bar End mirrors installed to replace stock mirrors, which we still have on hand.
* Damage: right side drop at 0mph damaged some plastics including right front turn signal; now other three signals don't illuminate.  Can provide photos.

2023 Energica EsseEsse9+ RS, Sunrise Red
* Odo: 481mi
* 21.5 kWh battery
* Marzocchi front fork & Bitubo rear shock absorber
* Colored belly pan with anthracite stripes, Sunrise Red
* Side bags and Energica rack kit, grey
* Yellow stripes kit
* Rear stand bobbins
* Aftermarket parts: None.
* Damage: left side drop at 0mph scratched some plastics.

Reasons for selling: bikes are too tall and heavy for us; Seattle-area dealership abandoning Energica due to trouble acquiring parts.

Willing to include shipping to continental US from Washington State in the price.  Feel free to ask for more detail and photos.

Interested?
Zero gasoline in the garage since May 2017

Motoproponent

• View Profile
Re: For sale: 2023 Energica Eva Ribelle RS, EsseEsse9+ RS
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2024, 07:11:28 PM »

Can you post some pictures?
"Life is a deathbound train"

2024 Energica Experia
@motoproponent on Youtube

MichaelJ

• Can haz e-cruiser?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2024, 07:29:27 AM »

Thanks for your patience.  Here are photos of the odometer/dashboard and from all four sides for each motorcycle.

EsseEsse9+ RS
https://photos.app.goo.gl/meBZXws9BhLmt1BbA

Eva Ribelle RS
https://photos.app.goo.gl/5EBEoXVyHexSUmje6

I'd like to correct two mistakes in my original post:

1. I understand that it looks misleading to say "no known functional damage" and "signals don't illuminate".  I apologize for this miscommunication.
  * Both bikes are functional to ride (we rode home safely after the 0mph drops at a stop sign).
  * The Eva Ribelle received damage to the front-right turn signal which causes the front-right signal to blink fast and the other three to not illuminate.  The dashboard notices this malfunction and reports it.
  * The EsseEsse9+ has cosmetic scratches on its left side, but its turn signals are intact and does not have this turn signal malfunction.

2. I made a mistake including the "Yellow stripes kit" line item under the EsseEsse9+ heading.  The belly pan is Sunrise Red and has the same dark stripes as the "tank", but the stripes are not yellow.  See photo album.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2024, 07:38:56 AM by MichaelJ »

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2024, 09:41:22 PM »

FWIW, the blinker problem.  just replace the damaged light and it will fix all of them.  You probably have a short in that front light that got boogered up.  It cost what.. 50 bucks 70 bucks for a new light, so whomever gets this, that's an eazy fix.  I had the same issue when mine got bumped /knocked over in a parking lot, the blinker got damaged and it started giving faults that will disable ALL the blinkers.  The disable is a software thing, as soon as you throw a blinker fault it kills all of them, but that resets when you cycle power, until the next fault that is.

Try taking the cover off the damaged light, it's just 2 screws and wiggle stuff around, it could be as simple as a loose plug in there.

Aaron

MichaelJ

• Can haz e-cruiser?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2024, 12:59:08 AM »

Hello Aaron,

thank you very much for explaining how the turn signal damage causes the other turn signals to not illuminate, and how easy it might be to fix.

Any ideas where to shop for this part?  Haven't found it at J&P, RevZilla, or National Cycle so far.  I think there's a part number on the cable: "ECIE 917122" and "EN.F.001064.001" are written on it, but that doesn't match anything on those motorcycle parts sites.

ECIE appears to match the name of an Italian company that makes turn signals, among other things: https://www.ecie.it.  However, ECIE doesn't have an online store yet.

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2024, 04:34:32 AM »

https://www.af1racing.com/Energica-Parts-Accessories

check this page,  they have all kinds of stuff for the bikes, including both blinkers.

Aaron

MichaelJ

• Can haz e-cruiser?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2024, 04:36:50 AM »

Wow, I see them.  Thanks for the link!

MichaelJ

• Can haz e-cruiser?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2024, 12:44:36 AM »

Hi, these Energicas are still available.

Lowering asking price to $18k each or best offer.  Both bikes charge fine and are perfectly ridable.  Ribelle needs a new front-right turn signal and some plastics.

I'll pay for shipping to you in the United States.

Hoping to do better than a local Harley-Davidson dealership offer of $10k each in trade for Livewire Ones.

Reposting links to photos here for your convenience:

EsseEsse9+ RS
https://photos.app.goo.gl/meBZXws9BhLmt1BbA

Eva Ribelle RS
https://photos.app.goo.gl/5EBEoXVyHexSUmje6

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2024, 12:53:18 AM »

FWIW  while it won't cover major damage (that's what michelin stickers are for :D  8)  )  a sharpie can do wonders covering minor fairing / plastic damage.  Ive used a black one  a time or two on  my bikes.

Aaron

CagivaRider

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2024, 12:56:19 AM »

Where are you in Seattle (no address needed, just part of town)? I live in Lynnwood and might be interested.
Also, who was your dealer; the one near Mount Vernon or Tacoma?
2021 Zero S
2019 Zero SR
2015 BMW F800GT
2001 Moto Guzzi V11-Sport
1987 Cagiva Alazzurra 650
1985 Yamaha RZ350

MichaelJ

• Can haz e-cruiser?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2024, 01:16:44 AM »

Hi CagivaRider

I'm in Snoqualmie Valley, South of Monroe.

Dealer was SoSo Cycles of Tacoma.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2024, 01:18:42 AM by MichaelJ »

CagivaRider

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2024, 03:12:47 AM »

Every time I tried SoSo's website my malware detector had a fit. I guess we can hope for another dealer soon. If SoSo is not an Energica dealer, then the nearest one is in San Francisco - 800+ miles away.
2021 Zero S
2019 Zero SR
2015 BMW F800GT
2001 Moto Guzzi V11-Sport
1987 Cagiva Alazzurra 650
1985 Yamaha RZ350

MichaelJ

• Can haz e-cruiser?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2024, 05:16:49 AM »

I understand and share your concern.  This is why I am covering the shipping cost if the buyer is out of state (hopefully a state with an active Energica dealership).  This is also why the bikes are being sold as-is unless a new nearby dealership is found who can replace the broken parts before sale.  I am grateful for Aaron's recommendation of a store that can provide the stock turn signals, but they don't also have the stock fairing that needs replacement.

Regarding the nearest Energica dealership 800 miles away (near Energica's San Francisco warehouse), I reached out to them to ask if they would let me ship the bikes to them for repair and sell them on consignment.  They warned me that they could receive the bikes for repair, bit would also experience delays ordering parts just as I would here in Washington.  However, they would not be interested in consignment sales; they would expect me to ship the bikes back home after the repair.  Note that only the Ribelle has a broken turn signal and fairing panel.  The EsseEsse 9 only has cosmetic scratches.

Energica tells me that they are looking for a new dealership in Washington and have asked me to be patient.

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2024, 06:55:18 AM »

I think AF1 racing has some used fairings, for sale,or the OEM ones.  I have not looked but Energica of new england has parts too.  Their parts store is actually robs dyno, but links to energica of new england

https://store.robsdyno.com/product-category/parts-and-accessories/

I didn't see any fairings but might be able to order from him and he can get them to you, or any of the other dealers.

aaron

Plug-n-Play

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2024, 08:37:16 PM »

Hoping to do better than a local Harley-Davidson dealership offer of $10k each in trade for Livewire Ones.

Good luck with the sale - 10K from the HD dealership is actually pretty good compared to what dealers were offering me here in New York on a '22 Ribelle with under 500 miles on it and in perfect condition.

One dealership offered 8K and another didn't want to tell me how low it was because he knew it would be insulting to me and instead suggested I try to sell it on my own or keep it since the current market for electric motorcycle trade-ins was at an all time low.

I tried selling it for 12K in private sale, but nobody was interested. Hope your geographic situation makes things better for you, but I ended up keeping the bike since it's worth more to me to have as a spare bike than to lose more than half the price I paid for it.
2022 Energica Eva Ribelle
Pages: [1] 2