• September 29, 2024, 08:27:02 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Ribelle Rear Shock  (Read 639 times)

wadejesu

• View Profile
Ribelle Rear Shock
« on: July 19, 2024, 09:13:49 PM »

Does anybody make a shorter shock?

smithy

• View Profile
Re: Ribelle Rear Shock
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2024, 04:01:04 AM »

Does anybody make a shorter shock?

Do the stock shocks not have a ride height adjuster..?? If not just fit a shorter spring.

Lord Knobrot

When I die, I wan't to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car.

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2024, 10:26:52 PM »

Remember playing with spring lengths etc will change the geometry of the bike and can alter it's handling significantly.

I asked the same kind of questions when I first got mine since i am a short shit and really like being able to have my feet both on the ground when the bike is stopped :D

Another option might be to choose a different tire size, you may be able to get half an inch / maybe even up to an inch that way by getting a lower profile tire.  A good set of riding boots helps too, they tend to give you a bit of height / reach .vs. squidware.

My point being, if you can't find a shorter shock, rather than start cutting springs and all kinds of crazy stuff, there are other things you can do as well that are not as extreme, that may also help.

Aaron

smithy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2024, 03:27:25 AM »

Remember playing with spring lengths etc will change the geometry of the bike and can alter it's handling significantly.

I asked the same kind of questions when I first got mine since i am a short shit and really like being able to have my feet both on the ground when the bike is stopped :D

Another option might be to choose a different tire size, you may be able to get half an inch / maybe even up to an inch that way by getting a lower profile tire.  A good set of riding boots helps too, they tend to give you a bit of height / reach .vs. squidware.

My point being, if you can't find a shorter shock, rather than start cutting springs and all kinds of crazy stuff, there are other things you can do as well that are not as extreme, that may also help.

Aaron

Lower profile/diameter tyre may have the ABS/TC having a hissyfit.

Smithy.
When I die, I wan't to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car.
Pages: [1]