• September 30, 2024, 04:18:48 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Rear brake parts for 2021 SS9  (Read 759 times)

domingo3

• View Profile
Rear brake parts for 2021 SS9
« on: July 08, 2024, 12:19:53 AM »

What's the model of the rear brake on a 2021 SAs9 or what other motorcycles use the same brake?  I need new pistons and seals but don't want to wait months for parts going through my Energica dealer.
2016 Zero FXS 2018 Zero FXS 2016 SR

Specter

• View Profile
Re: Rear brake parts for 2021 SS9
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2024, 04:39:01 AM »

If you actually take a look at the thing, it should say something like Brembo, or whomever manufactured it.  Might even find a part number on it.
From there you can goto their website, get a phone number or contact info and possibly have them ship you one or find a local shop that might have stuff available for you.  There is nothing special about the brakes on the Energica's, so in reality, pretty much any cycle dealership should be able to order and repair these for you, you do NOT have to go thru a certified dealer.

aaron

domingo3

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2024, 05:16:20 AM »

I obviously looked at it when I took it apart. It's made by Brembo, like tons of other brakes are. My question is what model so I get the CORRECT Brembo parts.

If you actually take a look at the thing, it should say something like Brembo, or whomever manufactured it.  Might even find a part number on it.
From there you can goto their website, get a phone number or contact info and possibly have them ship you one or find a local shop that might have stuff available for you.  There is nothing special about the brakes on the Energica's, so in reality, pretty much any cycle dealership should be able to order and repair these for you, you do NOT have to go thru a certified dealer.

aaron

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2024, 05:19:40 AM »

I don't have mine handy, but I don't have an SS9 either but your owners manual I believe should tell you exactly which style / make they are.  I know in the back on my manuals it tells me for my Ribelle.

Last time I was at a Brembo site, they had a search tool where you could put in your bike / year and it'd tell you.  Might be worth a try to look and see if you don't get an immediate answer here.

Aaron

domingo3

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2024, 05:41:32 AM »

The manual only says it has a 240 mm Brembo disc.   The Brembo site does have the SS9, but only shows replacement disc and pads as far as I can tell.

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2024, 10:29:43 AM »

Phone call might be helpful then.

Aaron

jotjotde

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2024, 12:24:55 PM »

The manual only says it has a 240 mm Brembo disc.   The Brembo site does have the SS9, but only shows replacement disc and pads as far as I can tell.

On the Brembo website you can only see brake pads and front discs - no disc for rear (BTW front discs are 330 mm, the same as for a Ducati Scrambler 800).

I searched for the rear brake disc as well but without success yet. The problem is that I cannot get proper measure of diameters without removing the rear wheel and dismounting the disc.
You need the inner opening diameter, the bolt circle diameter and outer diameter (the 240 mm stated in the bike's specs might be a nominal number only). The diameters I mentioned must be correct within a millimeter bc there are literally dozens of discs which could match.

My rear disc has seen 47,000 km now at not showing major wear, so this issue is not no important to me yet.

Pard

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2024, 06:50:07 PM »

In terms of pad options for the rear calipers, I tried a few.

This is my go to rear brake pad.  Excellent bite and feel. Ordered from AF1:

Brembo ST Track Rear Brake Pads - BR07BB20.SP
SKU: BR07BB20.SP

I also tried this pad but did not like it at all.  Could not eliminate squealing at low speed application.:

Ferodo SinterGrip Rear Brake Pads - FDB2074ST
SKU: FDB2074ST

In terms of front pads, I like these.  Very aggressive initial bite.

Ferodo SinterGrip XRAC Front Brake Pads - FDB2260XRAC
SKU: FDB2260XRAC

From Ed at AF1:

"
Front calipers are the same exact ones the 21+ Tuonos get

Lots of choices posted in here.  All these fronts fit.

https://www.af1racing.com/2021-tuono-v4-1100-brake-pads-rotors

for stronger bite, and more power for the heavy Ribelle, I’d get these

https://www.af1racing.com/fdb2260xrac-ferodo-sintergrip-xrac-front-brake-pads-fdb2260xrac   "

« Last Edit: July 14, 2024, 06:57:16 PM by Pard »
Pages: [1]