• September 21, 2024, 03:52:58 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: PLugshare question  (Read 979 times)

Motoproponent

• View Profile
PLugshare question
« on: June 29, 2024, 03:57:02 AM »

You're all smarter than I think I am. I don't think I can do it, but is there a way to filter Plugshare results to only show charging location with both DC and AC chargers?

I want to plan group rides but finding a spot where all of us can charge at a decent speed is pretty tedious.

Right now I filter to show just CCS, and look up each charger on the route to see if they also have J-Plugs. Then I check the check-ins to see if people are using the J-plugs successfully.
"Life is a deathbound train"

2024 Energica Experia
@motoproponent on Youtube

DonTom

• View Profile
Re: PLugshare question
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2024, 12:41:31 PM »

You're all smarter than I think I am. I don't think I can do it, but is there a way to filter Plugshare results to only show charging location with both DC and AC chargers?

I want to plan group rides but finding a spot where all of us can charge at a decent speed is pretty tedious.

Right now I filter to show just CCS, and look up each charger on the route to see if they also have J-Plugs. Then I check the check-ins to see if people are using the J-plugs successfully.
I find it's mostly only ChargePoint that has both.  And they usually work. Perhaps you can try setting Plugshare to only show ChargePoint. It won't be perfect, but it will perhaps be better than any other method.

-Don-  Auburn, CA
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
2017 Blk/Gold HD Road Glide Ultra
2017 Org Zero DS ZF 6.5/(now is 7.2)
2017 Red Zero SR ZF13 w/ Pwr Tank
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2024, 09:03:44 PM »

The plugshare app should have a filter device which you can specifically filter out what types, even by company name.  I typically go in and drop all the companies that I know are not around by me, and drop chargers that are not working or chdemo only type thing so it cleans up the map for me.

But yes in the upper left there should be a clickie to let you edit your filter settings.

Aaron

Grauteufel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2024, 05:29:56 AM »

Unfortunately I cannot work out an AND filter in either the iOS app or website.

It’s an interesting question and could be increasingly common for groups, you should raise it as a suggestion with the PlugShare devs.

jotjotde

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2024, 11:26:15 AM »

Hi there! When you click the three horizontal bars icon beside the search input field, the filter menu opens.
Scroll down to 'Vehicle and Plugs'. Toggle all plug types and reactivate the type you need.

Is that the info you were looking for?

Maybe you are better off with another app. When I plan a ride I often use ABRP (Abetterrouteplanner).
« Last Edit: July 01, 2024, 11:41:04 AM by jotjotde »

Motoproponent

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2024, 10:01:30 PM »

I find it's mostly only ChargePoint that has both.  And they usually work. Perhaps you can try setting Plugshare to only show ChargePoint. It won't be perfect, but it will perhaps be better than any other method.
-Don-  Auburn, CA

Electrify America and EVCS also frequently have both, in my experience.

Not really. If I select CCS and J1772 it will show stations that are only CCS and stations that are only J1772, as well as stations that have both.

I'm seeking to filter out stations that have one or the other and only show stations that have both plugs.

2024 Energica Experia

Stonewolf

• View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2024, 10:09:23 PM »

When I plan a ride I often use ABRP (Abetterrouteplanner).

Curious what your experience/methodology is, I found ABRP basicly useless
Rides an Energica, makes boring YouTube videos

hotsauce

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2024, 10:41:46 PM »

Hi there! When you click the three horizontal bars icon beside the search input field, the filter menu opens.
Scroll down to 'Vehicle and Plugs'. Toggle all plug types and reactivate the type you need.

Maybe you are better off with another app. When I plan a ride I often use ABRP (Abetterrouteplanner).

This is an "or" search, so selecting J1772 and CCS in that filter will pretty much show you every charger. Plugshare's user interface assumes that it's being used by one person to charge one vehicle at a time, so "I need both types of charger" isn't something it's built for.

Motoproponent

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2024, 12:16:34 AM »

Like I said in the OP, I don't think it is a thing. Thanks for your input everyone.

2024 Energica Experia

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2024, 10:36:03 AM »

Like I said in the OP, I don't think it is a thing. Thanks for your input everyone.
I noticed you were up here last August. I am at an RV Park in Redcrest, with my Zero DS.  I noticed your bike charging on Plugshare in Miranda, CA , last August. You can see my Zero DS Charging up north at a couple of places.

-Don-  Avenue of the Giants,  Redcrest, CA
« Last Edit: July 11, 2024, 10:39:03 AM by DonTom »
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
2017 Blk/Gold HD Road Glide Ultra
2017 Org Zero DS ZF 6.5/(now is 7.2)
2017 Red Zero SR ZF13 w/ Pwr Tank
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

Motoproponent

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2024, 07:00:09 PM »

Yeah, I'll be back up that way the first weekend of August (8/2-8/4). Me and a bunch of other motorcyclists are doing a rally in Weaverville.

If you want to come up we'll either be by the pool or under the big shade tree at the 49er Gold Country Inn.

I'm excited to ride hwy 36 for the first time.

2024 Energica Experia

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2024, 07:04:52 PM »

This news item isn't worth a separate thread, but last night on the local TV news was a clip about a large open warehouse-type building being used by Electricify America to rapid charge EVs inside the building. The facility is located in a residential neighborhood and has a very large AC system that is keeping the electric charging equipment cool. Unfortunately for the local residents, the cooling system has a large and noisy fan on the upper section of the building facing the street. It is extremely noisy and functions 24/7 creating a noise level over 70 decibels measured in the street. No surprisingly, the local neighbors are not happy as they have to put up with this noise, which was measured at over 60 decibels inside a couple of the nearby homes by the reporter that was interviewing them. They have complained to the city and Electricify America without anyone taking any action, although the charging company says they are looking into the matter for the past 8 months. To date all that looking hasn't resulted in any improvement in the noise level. So it was off to the news media with their complaints.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Motoproponent

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2024, 07:11:50 PM »

yep, that is a pretty industrial area of the city. It's right next to the freeway. I'm pretty sure it's a low priority for the city.

I didn't notice the noise when I was there, but I'm deaf as a post and I was there in the winter, not in the middle of a historic heat wave.

2024 Energica Experia
Pages: [1]