• September 20, 2024, 06:04:34 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Engineering Screen for Experia  (Read 1289 times)

most

• View Profile
Engineering Screen for Experia
« on: June 26, 2024, 10:23:01 AM »

Sorry for lurking you into this topic…  ;)
It’s actually a question: Does anyone have ANY hint about how to activate an Engineering Screen on the Experia - and if such info page is implemented at all?
Experia - see also my videos
Consumption:

MVetter

• View Profile
Re: Engineering Screen for Experia
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2024, 12:54:49 PM »

The Engineering screen for the previous gen bikes was abandoned/unsupported before the 21.5kWh packs came out. An entirely new UI for an entirely new platform was written for the Experia.

Are you saying you suspect they ported the abandoned/unsupported engineering screens to an entirely different platform?

most

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2024, 03:17:06 PM »

I suspect the engineers have implemented a screen to view relevant BMS and battery data without connecting a laptop.

Why do I suspect this? I am working for a large automotive system supplier developing brake and suspension systems, so I do have some background. Usually, new generations are developed by carrying over chunks of the old code. In many cases you do not start from scratch.

Therefore that old code that might be still available also at the Experia. Not necessarily, but maybe. If that readout code is there it is a simple task to display it, even given the fact that there’s a new UI and new platform of battery. Yes I know there are a lot of IFs and assumptions, but as long as there is a chance I guess it is fair to ask if anyone knows more…  ::)
Consumption:

Pard

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2024, 06:01:14 PM »

You can try the Hans Capelle app.  Not sure if it works on the Energica. 

Hope to test it out today on my Rebelle, using a BT OBDII dongle.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=be.hcpl.android.energica&hl=en_US

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2024, 06:19:58 PM »

For posterity purposes, sure !! why not?  After all since I only have 640k of useable memory, might as well make sure I use every last byte of it right?

Aaron

wadejesu

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2024, 10:48:26 PM »

What all can you see/do with the app?

Pard

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2024, 10:58:25 PM »

What all can you see/do with the app?

The hans Capelle app?  Battery temp, cell voltage differences, etc. And you can view it while charging and riding.  Monitor your battery charging from a distance. Download it and you will see what it is supposed to track.  I am having no luck with it so far on my Rebelle.  I think the OBDII BT dongle I have is the culprit.  Will order another.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2024, 11:01:38 PM by Pard »

wadejesu

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2024, 02:18:48 AM »

I also have a Ribelle, tried a while ago and gave up. I have several OBII BT and even a wired one. I think maybe the OBIILinkMX might work.

Pard

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2024, 04:09:29 AM »

I also have a Ribelle, tried a while ago and gave up. I have several OBII BT and even a wired one. I think maybe the OBIILinkMX might work.

Hear that.  I think I will throw in a towel as well.  Did not realize it would take experimenting with several OBD2 dongles to find one that works with the app.

most

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2024, 10:03:33 AM »

Guys I do have the „Energ1ca“ App from Hans (the iOS version). Btw, before the Experia I owned a Ribelle and I used a Samsung S7 phone . If I’m not mistaken, Android 8 or 9 was the lates one supported on the S7. Later Android versions do not work or are picky when it comes to get adapters to work. I can confirm that this one works with the S7 and Ribelle as well as Experia.

Also, there‘s a developer in Germany working on a method to get the Experia online - however naturally the description is all German. His code is based on the Hans app. He is working to transmit bike values (speed, ambientTemp, ODO, SOC, SOH, low battery temp, high battery temp, voltage, current, charge state) and GPS data coming from a connected GPS module (time stamp, latitude, longitude, altitude, gps speed).
The good thing: His setup uses a local raspi that connects to a BLE OBD dongle and sends the transmitted data via a GRPS HAT to a webspace. From there, it can be viewed using a web browser - so basically from everywhere.

However, I was interested in a potential built-in solution.
Consumption:

most

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2024, 03:37:46 PM »

I gave my word to not disclose how to enter. But it actually exists!
Ask your dealer...
Consumption:

Pard

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2024, 05:32:02 PM »

Great find!

You need to rub the bike .... juuust right...

« Last Edit: August 28, 2024, 07:28:12 PM by Pard »

chisquare

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2024, 02:57:37 PM »

@most Congratulations on this find! I'm just wondering about some of the terminology. Why B instead of V for the - obvious - minimum and maximum cell voltage values? And the mixture of font sizes does not contribute positively to the overall impression of quality.
Energica Esse Esse 9+ RS
BMW R1300 GS

most

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2024, 06:39:14 PM »

Well, I guess it’s kind of unfair to rate the quality of what’s supposed to be hidden from the public. It is as complaining about the odd colors used in Energica’s PC diagnostic software, right?
As for the values, I like most particularly the res.energy (Wh) as this appears to be the available battery charge left. I am wondering if this number, looked at 100%SOC, will provide an indication of SOH.
After recharging, my 15.000km old Experia shows 20278Wh - not bad considering that the net capacity is rated as 19600Wh „nominal“.
As for B min and B max - look a few numbers above. B is for battery.
Consumption:

Phaedrus

• View Profile
    • Phaedrus' Stuff
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2024, 12:33:16 AM »

"B" is a historically common identifier for Battery voltage.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2024, 02:31:48 AM by Phaedrus »
Phaedrus
Pages: [1] 2