• September 21, 2024, 09:10:46 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: How can i import Li-Ion-Batteries from US to Germany as a private person??!  (Read 742 times)

Gyro Chargeloose

• View Profile

Hey friends ans folks,

it's slowly getting ridiculous and i'm starting to loose any hope left...is there any way to import 2 Zero FX Batteries (ZF 2.8) as a private man from US to Germany?!
No one does ist; import services don't do dangerous good, UPS, FedEx, etc. don't transport dangerous goods for private people...

Does anybody know a way, of getting Li-Ion Batteries (of that size!!) transported over the atlantic as a private person?
I'd appreciate any help because at this point im just disillusioned and desperate!

Richard230

• View Profile

Things are getting tough out there for lithium battery owners. My local recycling company won't even accept any small rechargeable lithium batteries, much less big ones, for recycling. Everyone is worried about lithium batteries that still have a charge shorting out in the recycling dump and starting a fire. And once that happens, the company is on the hook for any damages due to the fire. 

I hope you can find a solution, but in the end, you might need to just buy new or used batteries from person or business located in the EU once you get to Germany.  Good luck!
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

NEW2elec

• View Profile

I'd say sell them here and buy or rent over there. 
Maybe contact Zero and see if they either know a shipper or if they have a shipment headed to EU and let you piggyback.
Pages: [1]