8 - 10 years
- 2 (6.1%)
10 - 15 years
- 0 (0%)
More than 15 years
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How old is your zero?  (Read 1734 times)

theoutsider

• View Profile
Re: How old is your zero?
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2024, 09:39:13 PM »

My brakes were not grabbing quite as well as before, but it wasn't a big issue. The recommended fluid change interval is 1 year, so I decided to have it done. The mechanic said it wasn't the worst fluid he'd seen, but it was definitely time for a change. The fluid was pretty discolored, but not cloudy.
2022 Zero SR

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2024, 10:39:36 PM »

Over time, the fluid can absorb moisture out of the air, etc  etc, and needs to be changed.  Having water in it can reduce the effectiveness of it, as the heat can cause vapor locks and all sorts of non wanted issues.  You probably have significant wear on your pads already too, best to check the entire sytem, maybe it's time to just do it all?

Aaron

2020_SRS_Commuter

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2024, 07:15:52 AM »

2020 SRS bought new in Sept 2020
Currently has 52000+ miles on it.

Stone cold reliable after figuring out a few issues. It has disappeared into the background of my life as a utility I rely on, which is what I wanted. Ride it daily and put it away. Hope that continues. Love it.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2024, 07:18:13 AM by 2020_SRS_Commuter »

theoutsider

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2024, 08:19:33 PM »

The mechanic measured my pads at about 50%. I'm set to go back in Nov anyways. I'll  do the pads at that point, and probably change the belt and put on different tires (something with a little softer compound).
2022 Zero SR

NoMoreIdeas

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2024, 11:39:42 PM »

2018 FX 7.2 converted to a FXS.
15,000 miles. Most of that was from 2018 - 2022. OBC started failing at around 9,000 miles and is slowly charging to a lesser SOC. Currently it will charge to ~72%. I use an offboard charger to charge to 100%. Thats the only problem I've had with the bike though. One firmware update (that I told the shop NOT to do) erased the charge cycles on the BMS to 0. I had some capacitor BMS errors early on, but they disappeared with an update.

Biggest thing I've noticed is the amount of voltage sag when its really cold out. If its 50f out, I may have trouble maintaining 70mph at an SOC of 60% or less. Otherwise if its warm it seems to have similar range as when new.

Skloep

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2024, 06:35:41 PM »

2017 SR/ZF, bought it end of 2021 with  32300Km and am now at almost 64000Km.
13Kw + 3,5Kw powertank.
Had already to change the head bearing, rear spring, and at 8600Km the belt. Now the belt is almost done but also the sprockets have to be replaced, the tooth look more like triangles than half circles and are beginning to get sharp. I think I will keep riding it this way until the belt gives out and then I'll swap the sprockets and the belt.
I use between 40 and 50% of a charge per day of daily commute. I try to stop the charging at around 80% but am not able to do that every day. In the summer when it's hot I sometimes drive it to around 10 to 15% after two day's of commuting to let the bike now how much charge the battery really can hold. And at least once a week I let it charge fully for the whole night.
I am thinking of getting rid of the ABS as it sometimes prevents the front brake from engaging in the first few minutes of driving.
In teh summer I get around 150 to 180Km of mostly highway traffic on a full charge.
I intend to keep this bike until it dies on me so I hope the electrics keep working for a long time.

Joseph

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2024, 04:14:20 PM »

version:  SR ZF 11.4
    bike production year: 2013
    years you have used it: 9
    km you have put on it?  21k

Issues: no

dvdt

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2024, 03:14:02 AM »

MY 2014 Zero S, acquired as new in September 2015. Now at ~75kmiles (mainly freeway commuting). OBC replaced under warranty at ~25k miles, replacement still operating. Battery replaced under warranty at ~45k miles, replacement still operates normally. Instrument panel is degrading. Saddle wore through at ~65k miles. Key switch failed at ~70k miles (subsequently replaced). One oddball failure, the front fender disintegrated (subsequently replaced). Generally has been reliable, though I have some anxiety regarding the potential for the replacement battery, given the original factory battery degraded to a point of replacement by 45k miles, and given that there are 30k miles on the replacement battery. Still on original factory belt!

Camellia

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2024, 07:56:11 AM »

version: SR with charge tank
    bike production year: 2020
    years you have used it: 3 (I got it in 2021 as a demo unit)
    km you have put on it? 29k km (18k miles)

Issues: OBC replaced twice under warranty, charge tank replaced once under warranty, DC/DC converter replaced once due to recall (could call it twice as when the shop replaced it the new one was DOA so they had to immediately order another one).
Still on the original brake pads because I never stop 8)   jk it's probably the regen
2020 Zero SR with Charge Tank
Pages: 1 [2]