• September 29, 2024, 04:38:58 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Getting Energica Parts  (Read 1571 times)

DonTom

• View Profile
Getting Energica Parts
« on: May 17, 2024, 11:49:49 PM »

I hear it is almost impossible to get parts from Energica these days. One guy I know has been waiting for more than a year for his Rebelle Fork seals. Still has not heard anything.

And many of us are still waiting for an Experia centerstand since we first got our bikes.

What is the problem with getting Enegica parts these days?

Is it just a USA problem or is it the same in Europe?

-Don-  Auburn, CA
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
2017 Blk/Gold HD Road Glide Ultra
2017 Org Zero DS ZF 6.5/(now is 7.2)
2017 Red Zero SR ZF13 w/ Pwr Tank
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

Specter

• View Profile
Re: Getting Energica Parts
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2024, 05:57:24 AM »

Ive always gotten parts right away when I ordered them.  Maybe a month wait on a brake level but I strongly believe the Dealer  was an idiot and had it the entire time, just didn't open the box and actually read the contents on it.

Ive ordered from the place in texas,  the new england place and from my dealer and the parts have come in pretty fast.
The center stand thing, not sure what is up with that, but the other stuff, always got what was needed.

Fork seals?  isn't another company the manu of the fork?  why not go directly to them?  Just like you'd goto okin for shock parts, or brembo for brake parts, unless you like markup from 3rd party?

Maybe they just don't like you ::shrug::

Aaron

Beauceron

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2024, 03:45:02 PM »

It is also difficult in Europe.
I ordered some small things 10 weeks ago, no reply. 6 weeks ago left side claddig of my SS9 with the underliying bracket. On request after 4 weeks they promissed next week, but now it is already 6, nothing. I also asked what is the problem, no answer. As I have seen in German forums I am not the only one with such problems.

Uli

Phaedrus

• View Profile
    • Phaedrus' Stuff
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2024, 06:33:01 PM »

I've also gotten parts quickly - from Energica USA, the place in Texas, and from New England.  No complaints here.
Phaedrus

Stonewolf

• View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2024, 11:08:19 PM »

I waited forever for some parts last year but the dealer had just not called me back to say the parts were in so I dunno whose fault that is (the part did have to come direct from Italy). The last conversation I had with Energica UK left me with the impression the company is still laser focused on getting finished Experias out the door after a stronger than expected order book and more issues ramping up production than expected.

I really hope that's eased up as they didn't announce anything new in 2023 for the first time in several years.
Rides an Energica, makes boring YouTube videos

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2024, 04:37:14 AM »

TBH is them not having something new a bad thing.
Everything went from Oh BOY ELECTRIC will save the universe  to meh, it's ok, maybe, it's a scam, whatever...
The market pretty much fell out of the bottom of everything electric, look how many auto makers have shuttered e car projects or pushed expectations years back.

The demand isn't there, the stuff they . they being pretty much every e vehicle company, is not selling too much anymore, so do they really need new stuff, that won't sell well, to sit next to their old stuff, that's not selling too well?

I  DO hope any problems they may have had is only transient, as not being able to get parts when stuff breaks, is just as bad as a crappy vehicle as far as being able to tank a company.  Aprilla is going thru that now, many dealers are very disgusted with them, because of lack of parts and support.  Also remember, sometimes parts, rely on parts from outside sources too, and if I can't get a kanuten flapper to build you a new whurlygitzer, then your item is going to be backordered, and it's NOT really my fault.

Aaron

most

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2024, 11:27:12 AM »

Hi - Germany here.
Standard parts are an issue here as well, as Beauceron was reporting. However if your dealer puts some pressure things might work out differently. I have an Experia.

Positive examples:
- Hand brake lever - 2 weeks
- windshield guide rails (structural parts that run behind the dashboard cover) - 3 weeks
- front fork (seals leaking, no seals as spares available, warranty replacement) - 5 weeks
- hand wind protection - 2 weeks
Negative examples:
- main center stand - forever. Contact at Energica says apart from prototypes no serial center stand has ever been build & shipped

Now my bike has been picked up from the dealer and is at Energica/Modena for warranty repair as diagnosis & repair of sudden shut downs resulting from „low battery / recharge“ at well above 60%SOC… lets see it this is being delayed due to part shortage…
Experia - see also my videos
Consumption:

jotjotde

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2024, 03:27:45 PM »

No issues with these parts up to now (Germany).

Side fairing incl. mounts
Brake lever
Mirror
License plate holder
Sprockets (front and rear)

Delivery takes usually minimum one week because it is shipped from Italy with standard UPS.

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2024, 11:16:29 PM »

no serial center stand has ever been build & shipped
And I wonder if they ever will.

-Don-  Reno, NV
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
2017 Blk/Gold HD Road Glide Ultra
2017 Org Zero DS ZF 6.5/(now is 7.2)
2017 Red Zero SR ZF13 w/ Pwr Tank
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2024, 01:02:55 AM »

You know, after seeing all these people replacing brake levers, I don't feel so stupid anymore.
Ive just said F it, Ill leave it busted off at the tip, the last time I changed it, probably less than a month later, I tipped it at the track rolling it down the trailer, hit sand and it slid, front brake did NOT hold on the ramp, front end turned and shore nuff'  yep, busted the fkn brake lever off again at the tip!   As long as I have something workable to grab, which I do, Im good man!

I'll be honest, when racing, Id rather have a nubby brake lever, that I can one or two finger, that way it's more of a lift and slide the finger over a tad to engage the brakes, instead of having to work up and around the entire damned thing.  The whole lever gets in the way,  a nub in the corner, is really,  a lot better!!  Just my opinion, but if one gets a chance, really should try it.   Especially the EGO Corsa, the brakes you look at them and they engage!  There really isn't a whole lot of leverage needed, just a nice gentle finger squeeze.

Aaron

Stonewolf

• View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2024, 01:13:50 AM »

I actually JB Welded my levers back together when some thieves broke them off, was good enough for the couple of days it took to get them in.
Rides an Energica, makes boring YouTube videos

jotjotde

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2024, 11:15:21 AM »

There are aftermarket brake levers available which have a joint. If the bike crashes, they flip up (no damage besides scratches).
They are adjustable in length as well - maybe something for you, @Aaron.

https://www.probrake.de/Brake-lever-TEC2-for-Energica-Motor-Ego-10

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2024, 03:23:32 PM »

Nice, those look pretty decent.  My last bustoff the handle got smashed into the sand as the bike went over and it landed on it.  Being able to fold back is a really good feature but what about being smashed axially?  Might not do so well there.  Still though that'd be good when maneuvering in tight places, like the garage, lining bikes up and getting a wee bit close to a wall or another bike etc.

Thank you for that post.
Aaron

Beauceron

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2024, 08:41:57 PM »

Hi,

finally the parts I ordered arrived at the dealer today ;)

Best
Uli

smithy

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2024, 01:33:08 AM »

Had a minor accident on my Experia and tagged the rear end of a small truck, I didn't even fall off the bike!! Bike was still rideable. Damage to front fairings, smashed parking light assembly and several other small parts in behind the fairings etc......New Bormio Ice coloured fairings are apparently not available from Energica, so unfortunately my bike will be sitting indefinitely untill they become available.. :-[

Smithy.
When I die, I wan't to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car.
Pages: [1] 2