• September 30, 2024, 06:18:01 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Right Hand Grip / Switches Unit  (Read 871 times)

jotjotde

• View Profile
Right Hand Grip / Switches Unit
« on: February 07, 2024, 05:46:12 PM »

Until now I thought the right hand unit with the fu**ed up cruise control is a unique Energica thing.
But apparently you can find this crap on a MV Agusta Brutale as well  ::)

Maybe of interest if you are looking for spare parts etc.

SwampNut

• View Profile
Re: Right Hand Grip / Switches Unit
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2024, 11:36:52 PM »

Hah, and I thought the right-side, hard to reach cruise was a Zero thing!  I swapped mine to the left.  The Energica would not be as easy to swap.

smithy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2024, 12:44:30 AM »

Hah, and I thought the right-side, hard to reach cruise was a Zero thing!  I swapped mine to the left.  The Energica would not be as easy to swap.

Swapped my Experia C/C to the left handlebar...much easier to use. BMW has the best C/C setup BTW.

Smithy.
When I die, I wan't to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car.

SwampNut

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2024, 01:51:16 AM »

BMW and the newer Harleys.  Some think the Harley has too many buttons, but it's so usable and precise.

SBK74

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2024, 02:39:03 AM »

This is hilarious: the throttle is the same as Energica and Zero but MV branded. From 'startup' Energica I understand that they try to manage cost and take CC controls off the shelf. From MV Augusta with all their fancy parts it's almost embarrassing. Maybe MV drivers don't use cruise control so often...
2018-2022  EsseEsse9
2022-         2021 Ribelle RS

jotjotde

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2024, 12:53:51 PM »

This is hilarious: the throttle is the same as Energica and Zero but MV branded. From 'startup' Energica I understand that they try to manage cost and take CC controls off the shelf. From MV Augusta with all their fancy parts it's almost embarrassing. Maybe MV drivers don't use cruise control so often...

Yeah, that's a real bummer. Even premium car manufacturers use off-the-shelf-stuff (Mercedes uses Renault stuff, Aston Martin used Ford stuff, Porsche uses Skoda/VW stuff and so on).
That's how you increase profits. ::)

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2024, 07:14:00 PM »

Well, when you look at it, you can pay 15k for a car, or 30k for a car, some years ago, it all basically was how many more whistles and bells you wanted on it and how it was chipped.  They all used the same basic Mitsubishi engine.

If something works, and looks decent on your product, why reinvent that wheel?  concentrate on the important stuff.

Aaron

SwampNut

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2024, 09:21:33 PM »

Yeah, that's a real bummer. Even premium car manufacturers use off-the-shelf-stuff (Mercedes uses Renault stuff, Aston Martin used Ford stuff, Porsche uses Skoda/VW stuff and so on).
That's how you increase profits. ::)

Some car and motorcycle makers decide they can reinvent the wheel and make everything themselves.  That's how you increase cost and decrease reliability.  If a menial part with a proven track record exists, USE IT!  I have a full wood shop at home, it's my hobby.  One day the wife asks for a shelf thing that's going in her closet in the corner to hold stuff.  I bought it at Ikea.  People would ask why I didn't build it.  Because it costs more to go collect hobby-grade wood and make something that just doesn't matter at all because it's hidden and just needs to do a job.

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2024, 05:59:17 AM »

Don't forget your time, that has value too.  The R and D on something that is already on the market, is costly.

Aaron

szczur333

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2024, 02:18:30 AM »

Until now I thought the right hand unit with the fu**ed up cruise control is a unique Energica thing.
But apparently you can find this crap on a MV Agusta Brutale as well  ::)

Maybe of interest if you are looking for spare parts etc.

brace yourself

internal 3kW charger is OEM valeo unit - mounted also in volvo hybrids in 2012 or even 2011 models

you say, meh its just a charger - yes, but with newer tech (SiC/GaN) they can be 2x smaller - or even 6-7kW with the same size

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2024, 05:22:17 AM »

What is the cost of this newer tech and better charger?
Maybe they could offer this as an upgrade.
Still 7k being converted IN the bike puts off some heat that must be dissipated, can they get the heat out of there properly?  Put a fan / better fan in there, it'd only take a few watts Id think.

Do you have any part numbers for this 6-7k unit that is the same size?  id be almost interested in playing with it to see if I could get something to work with it.
Aaron

SBK74

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2024, 09:08:41 PM »

I have a picture of a Ribelle charger. It’s a Power Land 3300 not Valeo. They might have changed, because the old SS9 only charged 3kW and had the fan controlled by the bike’s menu.

2018-2022  EsseEsse9
2022-         2021 Ribelle RS

szczur333

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2024, 08:36:34 AM »

What is the cost of this newer tech and better charger?
Maybe they could offer this as an upgrade.
Still 7k being converted IN the bike puts off some heat that must be dissipated, can they get the heat out of there properly?  Put a fan / better fan in there, it'd only take a few watts Id think.

Do you have any part numbers for this 6-7k unit that is the same size?  id be almost interested in playing with it to see if I could get something to work with it.
Aaron
https://www.wolfspeed.com/knowledge-center/article/6-6kw-high-power-density-bi-directional-ev-on-board-charger/

but i saw it 2 years ago already, just look for prices and sizes GaN phone 100-200W chargers - this is similar tech
of course it will hard to buy in small quantities

only issue to adding more powerfull charger can be software - probably you have to add some code to it to accept more power but maybe not - this is canbus operated so maybe this will work plug and play

ss9 2020 and ego 2020 has valeo units for sure
« Last Edit: February 12, 2024, 08:38:16 AM by szczur333 »
Pages: [1]