• October 01, 2024, 04:32:23 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Experia 12v accessory circuit(s) for led pods, heated gear  (Read 867 times)

SilentPea

• View Profile
Experia 12v accessory circuit(s) for led pods, heated gear
« on: January 02, 2024, 09:35:30 PM »

I've been looking around, but haven't yet seen a thread from people running LED pods on the energicas yet (minus the blinker/running light conversion from EONE)
I added some yellow (SAE fog pattern) pods to my previous commute bike, and would love to do the same for my new Experia.

I have repurposed the 12v connector from the dash USB for my GPS, but apparently that's a 10 amp circuit that's shared with heated grips? Probably not a great candidate for adding 4-5 amps of LED pods and/or heated gear to.

Any suggestions on a good place to grab some extra 12v power from?

Motoproponent

• View Profile
Re: Experia 12v accessory circuit(s) for led pods, heated gear
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2024, 11:30:08 PM »

Under the right front side panel, in front of the fuse box there are, like 3, open connectors to attach accessories to. I have my heated gear connected to one. No need to repurpose USB ports or anything like that.
"Life is a deathbound train"

2024 Energica Experia
@motoproponent on Youtube

SilentPea

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2024, 01:30:07 AM »

Oh nice! That would make my life much easier -- is there any documentation/common knowledge of the current rating (and individual vs shared?) for those?

As to hijacking the USB for the GPS, I would never use those ports for USB anyway. So it's actually quite convenient.

Stonewolf

• View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2024, 05:06:52 AM »

Huh, I wonder if Ego platform bikes have that, I looked into Android Auto devices a while back and was disappointed to see they all run off 12V.
Rides an Energica, makes boring YouTube videos

Demoni

• Global Moderator
  • Energica Service Manager
    • View Profile
    • Energica
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2024, 08:28:10 AM »

Oh nice! That would make my life much easier -- is there any documentation/common knowledge of the current rating (and individual vs shared?) for those?

Pages 101 & 102 will show how to remove the side panel required to get access to the fuse box and the 12v accessory connectors. You should see 2 unused 2 pin connectors labeled
 "aux" and one used to power the USB inside the trunk.

Huh, I wonder if Ego platform bikes have that, I looked into Android Auto devices a while back and was disappointed to see they all run off 12V.

There are no loose connections ready to wire up 12V accessories on the EGO. The best option is to tap into fuse #6 which powers the bikes USB port and heated grips (if installed). Alternatively power can be pulled from fuse #7 if you have a keyed ignition.

SilentPea

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2024, 08:45:10 PM »

Somehow, I completely skipped the most relevant page on my first read of the manual - went straight from page 101 "access the fuse box" to page 103 "usb port specs" without noticing the aux circuits.

Thanks for the pointers!

davidrnewman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2024, 01:04:56 AM »

Under the right front side panel, in front of the fuse box there are, like 3, open connectors to attach accessories to. I have my heated gear connected to one. No need to repurpose USB ports or anything like that.

What kind of connectors are on the 3 AUX ones? Bare wire, screw terminals, SAE, something else? And where is a good ground?

I want to connect both heated gloves and a dash cam to my new ex-demo Experia.

davidrnewman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2024, 02:54:53 AM »

Sorry, I should have posted this guide in this topic.
Pages: [1]