• September 30, 2024, 08:19:10 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Plug lock issue on 2021 Ribelle  (Read 789 times)

Twinman

• View Profile
Plug lock issue on 2021 Ribelle
« on: December 24, 2023, 04:04:35 PM »

Seems the servo cannot lock the plug , I can hear making several attempts and then got an error.
Can still charge in AC but not DC.
I’m pretty far from an Energica dealer so any advice that you help me fixing it is spreciated.

Specter

• View Profile
Re: Plug lock issue on 2021 Ribelle
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2023, 10:20:04 PM »

If the plug won't lock then it really should not let you charge in either.

Look carefully around where it plugs in.  I had an issue on my bike where it was not making a good contact, similar to what you are saying, and it turns out a small screw fell out of something somewhere and was laying in there next to the plug, so when I tried to plug it in, it was pushing on the screw sitting in there sideways, which was not allowing it to fully seat, the switch was not made and the error.

Make sure the plug is good, make sure everything is tight and make sure there are no obstructions around the plug holes etc etc.

Also, Ive had times where I thought i plugged it in but I did not, it was cocked or something and it failed on the initial handshake, so make sure you have it aligned just right and the female part of the plug (bike side) did not get loose or wiggle out of alignment or something and the plug is FULLY seated down FLAT and not resting on something.

Aaron

Twinman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2023, 03:24:43 PM »

Solved, after cleaning, and adjusting the travel of the lock, it works on the AC plug (will test on DC today).
My bet is that for one reason (maybe pushing too hard against the metalic lever), the servo lock jump one or two tooth preventing the complete travel of a little cam inside the servo tu push the end-travel switch

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2023, 09:30:33 AM »

THAT is one thing that has me kind of concerned.

When charging DC, that cable is a heavy ass bitch to heft around, and depending on it's angle at the bike, you have to do some serious twisting, forcing, shoving to get it fully down and locked into the bike.  You can SEE the bike's receptacle side twisting and flexing under the plug up attempt.

I wonder how sturdy it all is?  I mean yah given the force you have to sometimes put, I can see how you may jump a gear or two on a latch twisting etc on that huge honking plug.

Aaron

Twinman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2024, 02:23:33 AM »

THAT is one thing that has me kind of concerned.

When charging DC, that cable is a heavy ass bitch to heft around, and depending on it's angle at the bike, you have to do some serious twisting, forcing, shoving to get it fully down and locked into the bike.  You can SEE the bike's receptacle side twisting and flexing under the plug up attempt.

I wonder how sturdy it all is?  I mean yah given the force you have to sometimes put, I can see how you may jump a gear or two on a latch twisting etc on that huge honking plug.

Aaron
Sure think, using Fastened charger and their heavy cable (that can sustain 300 kw) I probably twisted a bit the the plate supporting the CCS plug, I could feel it when I removed the 4 screws holding it to get better access to the the servo lock, they where not perfectly aligned.
Not a big deal as the metal is pretty soft and was able to twist it back in place …

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2024, 08:47:44 PM »

But every time you push that heavy plug in and hear the metal go clank, doink as it flexes under the force of the plug, then flexes back to hold that heavy thing up for the 40 minute charge, how long before it starts to strain, crack and now you DO have a problem.

Time will tell  but it just seems a bit flimsy at times when you look at some of these cables out there, as you said, yah it's a friggin 4/0 cable to handle a few hundred amps!  Especially if they open up the tesla super charger stations to us, that stuff can get heavy

Aaron

Twinman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2024, 09:54:32 PM »

FYI, my dealer is not able to get the servo as as spare, only the whole plug including it.

Contacted directly the manufacturer but no answer so far.

I was able to fix mine but broke some of the small plastic locks and thus had to glue the cover.

So be careful not to break them...
Pages: [1]