• September 29, 2024, 10:22:58 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Energica for Sale?  (Read 2523 times)

Specter

• View Profile
Re: Energica for Sale?
« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2023, 07:54:11 AM »

How many know that the US Post Office, is a part of UPS?  They bought into them years ago in one of the first, were failing, endeavors to keep them from going tits up.  UPS delivers a lot of fedex products and vise versa.   Granted the post office is a HORRIBLE example because being government labor, they don't give a shit about success, just union goonery and bribes.

Chrysler is another one as mentioned, still here making good cars.

also fwiw, the whole money thing, the US government foolishly threw Billions if not TRIllions by now into the whole green con game.  There is a lot of money to be made off them!!  Companies are at the trough right now, good, bad, or ugly, they are getting unca sammies benajmins as fast as they can!  Maybe this 'move' puts them under 'American' ownership, and now qualifies them for the 7500 dollar rebate from unca sammy .. a move that would be TREMENDOUS as an incentive to buy one!   While it would not really make it 'affordable' the impression sure would be there!

We  don't know, what we don't know, and who's up to what, is anyones guess.

Time will tell.

Aaron

CagivaRider

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2023, 08:54:15 AM »

Um - and where does 'Energica For Sale' fit in to your diatribe?
2021 Zero S
2019 Zero SR
2015 BMW F800GT
2001 Moto Guzzi V11-Sport
1987 Cagiva Alazzurra 650
1985 Yamaha RZ350

Apollo

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2023, 09:16:29 AM »

Um - and where does 'Energica For Sale' fit in to your diatribe?

I was wondering the same thing but was afraid to ask. 

Apollo

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2023, 09:26:11 AM »

IDEX has a 52 week trading range of from a high of 31.25 and low of 1.71 trading right now at 1.8 even. It does not appear to pay dividends.
https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/IDEX?p=IDEX&.tsrc=fin-srch

As to Energica the motorcycle brand that supposedly has a seperate share holder agreement.

It would be interesting to get some documentation about "separate shareholder agreements".
 Do you have any URL that documents this?

Also, it has not been reviewed, but Ideanomics had a 125 Reverse Stock Split this last August. I.E. If you bought 125 shares, you now own 1.

For example.
If you invested one million $100,000,00 one year ago @ $34.00 = 3125 Shares.
In August 125 Reverse Stock Split - 3125/125 = 25 shares now
25 shares today @ 1.80 per share.  =  $405.

Starting with $100,000,00 and ending with $405 in a year is not a good year.

Yahoo Finance
https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/IDEX?p=IDEX

Reverse Stock Split
https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/ideanomics-announces-reverse-stock-split-301907924.html

Now searching and trying to review Energica's financials so we can get an idea of what it might sell for.

Apollo

NEW2elec

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2023, 10:29:43 AM »

Thanks Apollo, I posted in the EV stock section that it was just a 25-1 reverse split. The little daily spike in the price at the end of the day is likely short covers.
 Here is the joke clip I sent Steven when Ideanomics bought Energica.  If some of you didn't know Shane McMahon of the WWE is the CEO of Ideanomics.  This is the direction I predicted the company to go.

https://youtu.be/bWI2l4ZbdA4?t=32

Now IF Energica gets bought up by another company then of course they are ok because they have a new daddy with money to support their costly habits.
The problem is will there be anyone who wants them.

Fran K

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2023, 08:36:38 PM »

AS to the reverse split, strange I mentioned GE back a page or so they did that eight to one a year or two ago and spun off Wabtec in a manner it counted as income, not even capital gains, and by the time April 15 came around it was down to 2/3 of what I owed income on, and did it late so I needed an amended tax form.  So not a good sign.

On the bright side Husqvarna motorecycles which I believe hopefully correctly is really a recurring 7 year deal to use the name from a Sweedish entity was unloaded by BMW to Perrier mobility group for like $1. and I still get the same parts either available or not available as before for the Cagiva era stuff.  That may have been somewhat labor union in Italy which is another angle.

Ktm might take it for $1  Ktm is I believe, now 51% Piere mobility 49% Bajaj auto but Cf moto ownes 2% of Piere mobility.

Zero CEO with candy backgreound,  IDEX with WWE previously WWF CEO from my home state of CT.  Kind of off topic but now WWE and UFC have merged 49,51% respectively.  And Harley Davidson has been observed to buy center ring advertising in the beat them when down until pulled away by a referee.

Oh,  the highest volumes seem to have been when IDEX went from around 3 to around 2.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2023, 09:06:54 PM by Fran K »

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2023, 08:44:41 PM »

With interest rates so high right now it is a tough time for anyone to buy anything. I wouldn't be surprised if that also applies to big money corporate purchases, too.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Fran K

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 30, 2023, 09:15:31 PM »

With interest rates so high right now it is a tough time for anyone to buy anything. I wouldn't be surprised if that also applies to big money corporate purchases, too.

So high right now probably should/could be edited to no longer as artifically induced low.

The spread of when you are positive vs negative is amazingly larger now. It was a saying bankers pay 3% loan at 6% and go home at 3PM.

Now to borrow against a stock portfolio ie margin account it costs 7.75% (less slightly when over six figures) and pay 0.8% if your dividends sit in the brokerage acct.

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 30, 2023, 10:15:03 PM »

I was doing a bit of poking around, trying trying to find out some info on all of this.  Just to compare I looked at a few of the e bike companies to get an idea how they all are doing in this shitty economy.  ie  is energica on the way out, or are ALL of them, having the same fate.

It looks like Lightning motors lost 800k this year as well.
https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1646406/000166919123001110/xslC_X01/primary_doc.xml

and if they only sold a small handful of bikes, that's an awful lot of loss per unit.

so it appears that everyone is getting kicked in the nuts by the sock puppet Biden and his globalist handlers trying to destroy the worlds economy.

So with that being said, WHAT are the respective companies planning to do to reverse the money bleed?  What are your plans to start turning a profit?  New ownership is a potential step in the right direction.  Let someone who maybe has some business savvy start running it, instead of a head butt champion might be helpful.

Again, for sale does not mean going out of business.
Now that the losses are 'official' ... what are the plans to fix that?

out of curiosity, how many bikes did Energica sell last year, across all their brands?

Be interesting to sit in on a board of directors meeting for all the companies to hear what their plan is to fix this

Aaron

weck

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2023, 12:17:52 AM »

I was doing a bit of poking around, trying trying to find out some info on all of this.  Just to compare I looked at a few of the e bike companies to get an idea how they all are doing in this shitty economy.  ie  is energica on the way out, or are ALL of them, having the same fate.

It looks like Lightning motors lost 800k this year as well.
https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1646406/000166919123001110/xslC_X01/primary_doc.xml

and if they only sold a small handful of bikes, that's an awful lot of loss per unit.

so it appears that everyone is getting kicked in the nuts by the sock puppet Biden and his globalist handlers trying to destroy the worlds economy.

So with that being said, WHAT are the respective companies planning to do to reverse the money bleed?  What are your plans to start turning a profit?  New ownership is a potential step in the right direction.  Let someone who maybe has some business savvy start running it, instead of a head butt champion might be helpful.

Again, for sale does not mean going out of business.
Now that the losses are 'official' ... what are the plans to fix that?

out of curiosity, how many bikes did Energica sell last year, across all their brands?

Be interesting to sit in on a board of directors meeting for all the companies to hear what their plan is to fix this

Aaron

Political commentary aside, are you talking about e bike companies as in e bicycle, or e motorcycle?

Because looking at companies in the bicycle space would not translate to powersports/EV market.  The entire bicycle industry, including e bike direct to consumer brands, were riding high during the pandemic due to both huge uptick in demand, and constrained supply chain.  For DTC, they could name their price, and in the retail segment, dealers were putting in huge orders to offset partial fulfilment issues just to some product to sell.

Then the pandemic ended resulting in a huge drop in demand, and the supply chain freed up at the same time, so both the manufacturers and dealers ended up with a glut in inventory and nobody to sell it too.  Everyone from the big guys (Trek, Specialized) and the DTC brands, in both e-bike and analog bike markets, have been running 30% plus off sales pretty much all year just to try to move inventory, which for some of these companies does not leave much if any margin.

I think it makes much more sense to compare Enrgica to peers in the powersports and automotive space, EV or ICE.

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2023, 01:24:24 AM »

I am talking motorcycle,  sometimes people say I am going for a bike ride, meaning their motorcycle, not a bicycle.

last I checked lightning considered themselves motorCYCLE manufacturers, not e bike manu's, although we have not seen one yet really on the streets.  so putting them as a comparison WOULD be fair.

aaron

Apollo

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2023, 03:50:06 AM »

... although we have not seen one yet really on the streets. 
aaron

I will have to find what city people live in so I can start parading around so it will seen "on the streets".

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2023, 05:02:16 AM »

get a good number for a towing company that does bikes.

Aaron

Apollo

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2023, 09:24:48 AM »

get a good number for a towing company that does bikes.

Aaron

Why, do you live in a swamp?

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 01, 2023, 11:37:21 AM »

No but if your bike breaks down it's nice to have a number handy to get towed.  Many regular towing companies won't do motorcycles.

If you are going to be showing off all over the USA with your new bike, might want to get an interstate company.  I wonder if AAA does bikes too?  or maybe your new bike comes with a towing warranty on it?

Aaron
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5