• September 29, 2024, 10:26:52 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Energica for Sale?  (Read 2524 times)

MVetter

• View Profile
Re: Energica for Sale?
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2023, 02:55:11 AM »

Multiple parties were being responded to. I did not say you were attacking me.

Apollo

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2023, 03:20:58 AM »

Did you get your Damon and your loaf of sourdough yet

What the heck is this about?  I thought the discussion was about Energica being listed for sale.
Is this a personal attack or a Red Herring?

Red Herring Fallacy
Also known as: misdirection, smokescreen, clouding the issue, beside the point, and the Chewbacca defense.
A Red Herring argument is one that changes the subject, distracting the audience from the real issue to focus on something else where the speaker feels more comfortable and confident.

MVetter

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2023, 03:29:10 AM »

What the heck is this about?

It's an inside joke you needn't concern yourself with.

NEW2elec

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2023, 10:30:30 AM »

Your Honor I move that all defamatory statements made against "THE" Future of Motorcycling, Damon Motorcycles made by Morgan the undercover Energica agent be stricken from existence as they were all clearly made out of jealousy and fear of a clearly superior product even if it isn't for sale just yet.

MVetter

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2023, 10:56:43 AM »

Like I said. A source of entertainment.

NEW2elec

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2023, 11:20:12 AM »

Only you ever thought it was anything but that for me.

Pointless trash talking for fun.

MVetter

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2023, 11:21:32 AM »

If you can't successfully convey logic to the delusional, then you might as well have some fun with them!

socalmoto91

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2023, 09:34:21 PM »

Ideanomics 2023 Q3 SEC filing dated 24 November 2023 from the Ideanomics website.
 https://investors.ideanomics.com/sec-filings

Ideanomics business plan for Divestment of Assets - Pages 16 through 19 - see page 18 for Energica Asset Held for Sale - any thoughts?

Fran K

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2023, 10:24:19 PM »

You say any thoughts,

I can't find page 18,  I see 25 lines each line appears to be a title and then a document that one can get in various formats, then that document has page numbers.

IDEX has a 52 week trading range of from a high of 31.25 and low of 1.71 trading right now at 1.8 even. It does not appear to pay dividends.
https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/IDEX?p=IDEX&.tsrc=fin-srch
I also see over valued on a bar type display.

As to Energica the motorcycle brand that supposedly has a seperate share holder agreement.  They gave all of New england to a dealership in New York near the Hudson river.  Then I found out they have a dealer in Massachussets that is noted for having a dyno.  I assume this means high performance motorcycles.  The biggert tractor solotrac has is smaller than what I desire and is marketed for the vinyards of California.  I would hope the two brands could stay together and make produce more intresting to my uses.

What do they have on the drawing board?  Could be a bargain like maybe fire sale, liquidation auction coming?

Edit what I did see in the one document from about place 18 on the linked stated common stock.  Part of the problem with stock is if you own common stock the company can issue more prefered stock.  Like GE did with/to Berkshire Hathaway.   

Edit the second time, note the shares held by insiders and the shares held by institutions is NA.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2023, 10:57:48 PM by Fran K »

NEW2elec

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2023, 10:25:33 PM »

Socal its anybodies guess really.
Who wants them?
An Italian gas bike company to cover their electric butts so to speak?
Maybe Triumph since their attempt at electric sucked.

To me you have to bring the cost of making them way down or its just a hole to throw money in unless someone needs an EV division for regulations.

We'll see how it goes.

flynnstig82r

• Just another lanesplitter
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2023, 12:46:05 AM »

What’s more expensive to an established manufacturer, sinking a few million to keep Energica going or doing what Harley-Davidson did with Livewire? Energica or shouldering an entire electric division of MotoGP along with its drivetrains and bikes like Ducati? Energica or Triumph quietly dedicating staff for years to show off a concept bike that might not even be relevant to any eventual production bike?

The point is not whether Energica will turn a profit anytime soon, it’s whether any of the many interests that don’t want to get blindsided by electric bikes consider it cheaper to buy a proven make like Energica than to try to do it all themselves, and they would be fools to choose the latter. The only way I can see Energica being allowed to disintegrate is if the current downturn in financing means that every interested party is in a bunker mentality, but normally that just means that some savvy buyer gets a great deal.
2007 Yamaha FJR1300 AE

Past bikes:
2020 Energica SS9 13.4 kWh
2017 Zero SR 13.0 kWh
2011 Ducati Multistrada 1200 S Touring
2016 MV Agusta Turismo Veloce 800
2012 Yamaha FZ6R

socalmoto91

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2023, 01:34:48 AM »

Hate seeing any company have problems. No pleasure in the misfortunes of others. The livelihood of employees, dealers, vendors, their families, investors are at stake. And all the years of effort of the company visionaries lost.  I hope they survive and prosper. The reality is Ideanomics has to do what they must for their shareholders.

Grauteufel

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2023, 03:40:15 AM »

What I see most likely is CRP takes buys back ownership, I don't think they have ever been happy with the american cost cutting approach to investment

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2023, 05:02:30 AM »

For what it is worth.
IF he works for Energica, Morgan is probably viewed as a lowly sales person.
Typically high level decisions etc are NOT 'vetted' through low level people, and often the lower life forms are left swimming in the dark, until, the day, whatever happens, with few clues to what just happened.

translation, I doubt he's sitting at the round table with the CEO and company, deciding their next decisions. Even if he WAS, Id bet he is not allowed to really say ANYTHING, because, as mentioned, America has some fucked laws, and that could be seen as insider trading.  Ask Martha Stewart about that.

Just because a company is up for sale??  does not mean they are going under.  Smaller companies that are held by bigger companies as part of an 'investment group' often get traded.

Energica is still doing work for folks, their warranty work is still top notch, as is their customer service.  I would think, from past observations of others, that a company getting ready to go out of business, would be doing pretty much nothing, trying desparately to hold onto whatever money they could to show on the books.

How many times have sports players been sold ' (yes in a way they ARE a company) yet still played and went on to fame and glory?  How many times have bigger companies been sold or mergered.  Banks do it all the time, the little ones get gobbled up by the bigger ones.  Hell just look at Mortgage companies, mine changed hands like 4  fucking times on me, and I had absolutely ZERO control on that, just had to make damned sure I put the money in every month.

Ok, this is getting long but my take is.  Being sold does not mean going out of business.  However to be honest, I do have some odd gut feelings on some of the ways they ARE operating here in the US.  Maybe they ARE losing their ass here, and the sale is a way to put adult supervision in charge of the place, a way to right the ship, and put them back on the right course, so the people doing all the work there, can continue to make good bikes, etc etc.

But let's be brutally bare here.
Their advertising in the US well, it sucks. THAT does not help a company.
What is with their wanting to buy all their old bikes back at insane prices???  THAT is not something a going out of business company would do!  Pay MORE than something is worth, to do..... what?????with it  ????

I just had warranty work done on my bike and the service was impeccable to be honest.  A going out of business company is not going to cater to the customer like that if they are soon to be gone, because again, they'd need to keep every penny they can on the books.  If they were going away it'd be.. fuck the customer we're outta here!

Morgan is a salesman, IF that,  NOT their advertiser, lawyer, or financial guru.  Asking him for info is probably not the best person, as he'd be kept in the dark as well if something was crawling up the toilet pipe at them.

Maybe one can write / call the company and inquire what is happening?   If someone can provide me a phone number Id be happy to call and ask, even an overseas one works.  That dont' mean im going to get the skinny, just that I'd try.

Aaron

wadejesu

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2023, 07:34:01 AM »

I agree with Specter , How many times has Chrysler been bought out by other businesses, I believe they are still around better than ever. 
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5