• September 21, 2024, 01:49:17 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: KTM 690 kickstand bypass Works with zero?  (Read 857 times)

mcambaza

• View Profile
KTM 690 kickstand bypass Works with zero?
« on: November 21, 2023, 10:27:14 PM »

https://youtu.be/BPWa6qAlwDQ?si=DNxQbLlZV56KYxUN

Will this trick Works with the ds 2014 since they use the same kickstand sensor?

SwampNut

• View Profile
Re: KTM 690 kickstand bypass Works with zero?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2023, 11:54:17 PM »

What's the purpose?  You want to be able to ride with the kickstand down???

TheRan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2023, 01:49:33 AM »

Apparently so, I was looking into it when I thought my sensor had failed. You can buy bypass devices and they're pretty cheap, I think there were two different plug types so make sure you get the right one.

mcambaza

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2023, 06:53:31 AM »

No, I want to be able to Ride with the kickstand up, but this crappy sensor is faulty and Works at his Will.. sometimes It stops working while  im Miles away from home and Activates the error 45. Im live in Mozambique, no zero dealers around and I need a fast and cheap solution

mcambaza

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2023, 06:56:49 AM »

Apparently so, I was looking into it when I thought my sensor had failed. You can buy bypass devices and they're pretty cheap, I think there were two different plug types so make sure you get the right one.

The sensor is the same, plug in the same.. only wires color that Go from plug to the bike are diferentes.. makes Sense sinse they are diferent brands.

DerKrawallkeks

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2023, 08:01:00 PM »

I fixed my kickstand sensor by putting some other Hall switch.
I don't remember exactly how I did it, but I think the kickstand switch has 3 wires.

- Power (5 or 12 V, can't remember)
- Ground
- Signal

The signal pin must be pulled down. I put a 1kohm resistor between the signal wire and my Hall switch, just to be safe.

Another option is probably to put a resistor right between signal and Ground, then it'll always be happy.
Another option is to access the MBB via the UART console and deactivate the kickstand switch.

SwampNut

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2023, 09:12:46 PM »

No, I want to be able to Ride with the kickstand up, but this crappy sensor is faulty and Works at his Will.. sometimes It stops working while  im Miles away from home and Activates the error 45. Im live in Mozambique, no zero dealers around and I need a fast and cheap solution

Wow, it's challenging enough to get help in some US areas, but Mozambique...ouch.  I'd love to know why you chose the Zero, knowing it would have little support.  Not to criticize, but I'm curious about the motivation.  For myself, I simply wanted something new and different that would challenge me and be fun to learn.

Could it be that your sensor is simply overly sensitive and not actually failing?  Meaning that the kickstand is dropping slightly while riding?  I don't know if that's possible on your bike, but I had that happen on another brand of bike.  My solution was a stiffer spring in the long run.  For the moment I used a zip tie to get me back home.

TheRan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2023, 03:16:29 AM »

I tested that when I thought mine was failing, my kickstand also touches my swingarm slightly without my weight on the bike as I have an enlarged plate on it and I thought maybe over bumps it was knocking it down slightly. However for the sensor to trip the stand has to be like half way down, so his sensor would have to be extremely sensitive or the kickstand really loose (mine is very stiff compared to my other bike, you can't just give it a kick but actually have to push it up all the way).

mcambaza

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2023, 05:02:05 PM »

Wow, it's challenging enough to get help in some US areas, but Mozambique...ouch.  I'd love to know why you chose the Zero, knowing it would have little support.  Not to criticize, but I'm curious about the motivation.  For myself, I simply wanted something new and different that would challenge me and be fun to learn.

Could it be that your sensor is simply overly sensitive and not actually failing?  Meaning that the kickstand is dropping slightly while riding?  I don't know if that's possible on your bike, but I had that happen on another brand of bike.  My solution was a stiffer spring in the long run.  For the moment I used a zip tie to get me back home.

I get you point. Buying a 16.000-14.000 dollars bike for 500 dollars was enough motivation to own a zero...even living in Mozambique... Moreover... We must experience good stuff before we die... Even living in Mozambique... Lol

mcambaza

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2023, 05:12:34 PM »

I don't remember exactly how I did it, but I think the kickstand switch has 3 wires.

- Ground
- Signal

The signal pin must be pulled down. I put a 1kohm resistor between the signal wire and my Hall switch, just to be safe.

Another option is probably to put a resistor right between signal and Ground, then it'll always be happy.
Another option is to access the MBB via the UART console and deactivate the kickstand switch.

Exactly what I needed to read. Thanks all of you guys

SwampNut

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2023, 10:08:39 PM »

Seriously, $500???  But the main point you make is mine also; keep having new experiences.  I'm sad when another rider tells me why my bike is boring and they would never ride it.  Sad for them.

I get you point. Buying a 16.000-14.000 dollars bike for 500 dollars was enough motivation to own a zero...even living in Mozambique... Moreover... We must experience good stuff before we die... Even living in Mozambique... Lol

mcambaza

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2023, 11:04:47 PM »

- Ground
- Signal

I don't know much about eletronics... Since in this video the guy in ktm used a 2.2k ohm, some people spoke about using a 250 ohm and you say for sure you used a 1k ohm and had no problem... I will go with the 1k ohm resistor in the negative to the signal... Wish me good luck

SwampNut

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2023, 11:39:30 PM »

Electronics is my thing.  A resistor does just that, resists the passage of electricity.  A full short circuit is zero ohms.  A 2.2k ohm resistor allows VERY little through.  250 ohm allows little, but still would allow just over half a watt.  This is potentially problematic.  Since you are not going to try it, I won't go into details.  DO NOT do it without more discussion.  The 1k will also limit power very well and I would give it a 99% safe opinion.  It will be less than 0.15 watts.

mcambaza

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2023, 12:01:24 AM »

Electronics is my thing.  A resistor does just that, resists the passage of electricity.  A full short circuit is zero ohms.  A 2.2k ohm resistor allows VERY little through.  250 ohm allows little, but still would allow just over half a watt.  This is potentially problematic.  Since you are not going to try it, I won't go into details.  DO NOT do it without more discussion.  The 1k will also limit power very well and I would give it a 99% safe opinion.  It will be less than 0.15 watts.

Great. Ill go for the 2.2k first then down to 1k ill update you the results

SwampNut

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2023, 12:09:02 AM »

Best choice!  Resistors are so cheap.
Pages: [1] 2