• September 29, 2024, 12:31:43 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: EICMA 2023 - No Energica news for 2024  (Read 1665 times)

Stonewolf

• View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: EICMA 2023 - No Energica news for 2024
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2023, 06:16:41 AM »

I mean right now if I pull up to a charger for my first charge of the day I'm usually looking at 25 to 30 minutes. It's really only putting 60% of 19kWh into a 21.5kWh battery and in the middle of the SoC range at that so how much charge load you're putting on it isn't so cut and dried, thermals are very much the limiting factor.
Rides an Energica, makes boring YouTube videos

princec

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2023, 06:28:45 AM »

On the other hand, Ducati's MotoE bikes are running 800V systems, so that'll cut down on the weight of copper needed at least.

Cas :)

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2023, 01:33:48 AM »

which will be made up by the insulation to keep you from getting your cookies roasted if rain seeps somewhere :)

With that though, the amps are really limited by the per cell/ string, so if done right, they should really be able to take some power from that pack. Downside is the dielectrics of the pack need to be beefed up now so spacing expands.  Would hate to see a pack short out because the plastic wrap on the battery cell that says sony, happens to rub a little thin in a corner after a year or so.  ???

Has Ducatti made their bike for sale to us normies yet? Im really interested to see the specs on that when they do.

aaron

princec

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2023, 05:22:00 AM »

Nope. Current system is 150bhp, 18kWh and 800V and the whole bike weighs ~225kg I think. So basically mouthwateringly desirable and completely unavailable. Bah.

Stonewolf

• View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2023, 07:11:13 AM »

Ducati's bike is only built for one thing and it's probably too fragile for road use. That said I think a lot of their approach presages the future we're likely moving towards.
Rides an Energica, makes boring YouTube videos

Apollo

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2023, 06:58:17 AM »

Nope. Current system is 150bhp, 18kWh and 800V and the whole bike weighs ~225kg I think. So basically mouthwateringly desirable and completely unavailable. Bah.

The 800V will help to change the power output to a more top-end type power curve giving up some bottom end.
The major change will be less current per cell so discharging and recharging can be faster. I.E. More voltage and less current.
The bikes are built to meet a certain racing spec and have nothing to do with a street machine.  If they were to be converted to a street bike, it would be easier to start from scratch and build something very similar to an Energica EGO+. Note how many other road bikes today you can buy that have full carbon fiber frames and swing arms.
Who is going to pay for that?
I want one also, but the reality is they are a spec race bike and always will be. (Until I get one.)
Pages: 1 [2]