• September 29, 2024, 06:27:40 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Experia Traction Control question.  (Read 548 times)

smithy

• View Profile
Experia Traction Control question.
« on: November 07, 2023, 01:36:04 AM »

Just curious if anyone knows if the Experia can actually do wheelies if the traction control is disabled..?? Does the IMU have an "anti-wheelie" function..?? I can find nothing in the owners manual regarding this. There is a "wheelie angle" screen so one would imagine it may be possible?? I've not tried it myself yet :-[

Smithy.
When I die, I wan't to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car.

MVetter

• View Profile
Re: Experia Traction Control question.
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2023, 01:44:03 AM »

I don't see why not.

svelectric

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2023, 09:27:01 AM »

Not just on power alone.  Maybe with a bounce?

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2023, 10:51:33 PM »

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2023, 10:53:19 PM »

It should have enough torgue that it can do a wheelie for you if you want.  I mean if you weigh 450 lbs it might be an issue getting the bike up but give it a try, it can't hurt anything.  Just be careful, you don't want to flip yourself over.

Aaron

Motoproponent

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2023, 04:27:55 AM »

I've had the front wheel come off the pavement with the TC off. It wasnt intentional so It wasnt a 12 o'clock throwing sparks off the license plate, but if it will loft the front on accident...... I'm sure if you gave it a tug and didnt roll off it would get on up.

Wheelies have never been my thing. I'm certainaly not going to start at age 50 with my favorite $30,000 thing that I'm still making payments on.

I mean it's not like you can just go to the dealer and get replacement parts if you yard sale it.

How did I accidently turn of the TC and then twist the throttle to the stops? I turned off the TC so I could put it on the rear stand a spin the wheel with the throttle to lube the chain. Then forgot turn it back on when I went for the shakedown ride.
"Life is a deathbound train"

2024 Energica Experia
@motoproponent on Youtube

smithy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2023, 01:32:07 AM »

I've had the front wheel come off the pavement with the TC off. It wasnt intentional so It wasnt a 12 o'clock throwing sparks off the license plate, but if it will loft the front on accident...... I'm sure if you gave it a tug and didnt roll off it would get on up.

Wheelies have never been my thing. I'm certainaly not going to start at age 50 with my favorite $30,000 thing that I'm still making payments on.

I mean it's not like you can just go to the dealer and get replacement parts if you yard sale it.

How did I accidently turn of the TC and then twist the throttle to the stops? I turned off the TC so I could put it on the rear stand a spin the wheel with the throttle to lube the chain. Then forgot turn it back on when I went for the shakedown ride.

Well...that answers my question then...Thank you Sir.!! ;D

Some of my workmates said it wouldn't ...and I said I wasn't sure.....but the amount of torque available from zero rpm would make me think otherwise....now we know.

Smithy.
When I die, I wan't to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car.
Pages: [1]